• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Turner and Hooch as well.

Turner and Hooch is Touchstone. They have Ice Age TV show though, but it's bizarre they don't have all/most of Blue Sky content and Fox Family stuff (like Home Alone). The new content is tied with HBO until 2022 IIRC, but my guess is a) That content might be tied somewhere else (like some of Disney's own stuff that wasn't announced for launch) and b) they are probably waiting for a second wave of announcements when a lot of this missing content starts magically appearing and then they get more subs.

BENJI THE HUNTED YESSSSSS

Dude, spoilers! That's like the major part of the movie. That is the best Benji movie though, for sure.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

That art... has nothing to do with the actual cartoon xD

UnlMtGG.jpg

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A 3+ hour promotional video?! Holy christ.

Oct 31, 2017
Really wasn't expecting the wb marvel shows

I think Lionsgate distributed that, but yeah I am not sure if Disney bought the distribution rights or licensed them.

is TLJ tied up in the Netflix deal?

Yes. TLJ came to netfix in June 2018. It leaves netflix 18 months after that and that's when they can put the movie on Disney+ so TLJ will show up after Dec 2019. Interesting about AoS and Agent Carter though.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I feel bad for any article writers trying to keep up.
Speaking of, is there a list form of all the releases?

Oct 31, 2017
Wait, no Endgame? There's no way that's tied up in another service right? I thought Captain Marvel and Endgame were both specifically withheld from other services so they could be put on Disney+

EDIT: Apparently it's coming in December

Yeah that's just how they will continue to distribute stuff that's theatrically released.

Theatrical release -> ~3 months -> Digital/VOD -> ~2 weeks -> 4K/Blu Ray/DVD -> 3 months -> Streaming

If they don't want to negotiate streaming rights, it's possible that The Incredible Hulk and the Spider-Man films may never be on D+.

Yes, Disney will have to purchase or license them. I am assuming they want the former so as to not always have to negotiate. Same with Indy 1-4 btw.

Wasn't the idea of Spider-Man films being on Disney+ one part of what leaked about the new 25/75 revenue split negotiations Marvel had with Sony just before it was agreed on? I'd assume if Disney was able to get it's networks on PS Vue, that Sony would want to return the favor by allowing Homecoming and Far From Home on Disney+, no?

No. And Sony wanted Disney's family of networks on Vue. Why wouldn't they? They are also paying Disney a pretty penny for it. There has been no news regarding Disney getting the streaming rights to previous SM movies.

i think i read somewhere they will have some kind of deal with amazon prime video?

but yeah, this thing dont launching here at the same time is bonkers

1 year deal with Amazon Prime (except for originals IIRC) until it launches there next Fall.

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
I havent scanned through all of this, but please tell me Disney is adding Bear in the Big Blue House for the good of kids everywhere. No idea what has happened to this IP and why it has disappeared. In the age of streaming providers searching for content...it is no where.

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
Already locked in for 3 years. I do hope they add the "Not Quite Human" trilogy at some point.

Oct 25, 2017
I only browsed the releases on page 1 of this thread ---- HOLY @$#! they are pulling out all the stops for this service ; I've never seen Disney be this generous before..............mind-blowing list.................

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
So... still no word on any of the classic Disney theatrical shorts with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc?

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Are we able to pre-order the package (Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+)? Or is it only Disney+ right now?

Oct 31, 2017
Luckily Disney is done buying companies for a while after the 20th Century Fox purchase. Hopefully everyone else stays healthy and doesn't get gobbled up by the mouse.

Disney won't buy another movie studio. They will buy game developers/publishers that have a rich IP library, but not anytime soon though.

Sony owns that. But like with the MCU Spidey films, I could see an agreement being reached for Sony's Spider-Man content on Disney+.

I see Disney wanting to purchase those rights, not license them. And Sony telling them to fuck off if the price is not right. But yeah we'll see.

I assume the MTV Spider-Man show's in the same boat?

Sony also owns the distribution rights to that one.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone see a list back in the late 80s and early 90s Disney channel use to show old made for TV movies from the 60s. One of my favorite was the mochi movies, he was the kid from old yeller and ton of other Disney movies from that time.
Are they listed?

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
And now the theme song for Out of the Box is stuck in my head. Goddamn....I mean I was like 11 or 12 when it came out but I definitely watched it enough to to remember the song lol.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Man, they aren't playing around.

How screwed are we gonna be in Canada though. 😭
I don't see why it should be particularly different. Netflix Canada is because they have to pay licensing fees for each movie/show in different regions, but Disney owns all this.

Also, Netflix Canada is very good!