• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
topw6ki3.jpg

Veteran gaming personality Jeff Green hosts a rotating cast of game developers, influencers, journalists, and executives for frank conversations about how they got into video games, the state of the industry, and more.

Update (June 10):

Starting with Episode 2, this podcast will get a new name to avoid confusion with the The Dialog Box podcast hosted by Gwen Frey & Chris Slight

Original Thread:

introducing-the-dialo1wkw5.jpg

Kat Bailey said:
Hosting this new endeavor is my friend Jeff Green, who some of you will remember from his days on GFW Radio. Jeff has been around the games industry for many years now, having worked at Computer Gaming World, EA, Popcap, and other ventures. His long experience gives him the sort of outlook that's quite rare in this business, and he's built up quite a few interesting relationships as well.

Kat Bailey said:
Don't expect this to be an "old white guy talks to other old white guy" podcast, though. From the start, we were determined to give a platform to a wide variety of voices from all walks of life, and to that end our first guest is Austin Walker, who obviously has plenty to say about the events of the past couple weeks. Our ultimate goal is to provide interesting conversations about the games industry each week—from all different angles, perspectives, and walks of life.

Kat Bailey said:
The first episode launches Wednesday, June 10, with the first season comprising seven episodes in total. If it's a success, we will be back for a second season, and hopefully more beyond that. The podcast is now available on Spotify (see the link below) and Stitcher, and will be fully ready to go on iTunes by Wednesday. If you're curious about the show, you can also catch the special preview episode on the Axe of the Blood God feed.

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Cool idea but bad name.

The Dialog Box is a podcast by The Flame and the Flood, Kine dev (also ex-Irrational) Gwen Frey with a rotating chair of guest devs 100+ episodes strong. Bummer they couldn't check if that name was already taken in the field.

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
I just started watching his Dark Souls playthroughs and was wondering what he was up to, very glad to get an answer, and excited Austin is his first guest! Always miss the brodeo.

Cool idea but bad name.

The Dialog Box is a podcast by The Flame and the Flood, Kine dev (also ex-Irrational) Gwen Frey with a rotating chair of guest devs 100+ episodes strong. Bummer they couldn't check if that name was already taken in the field.

He did this to me as well (Popcap's Popcast, we had a Popcast for a bit before that) and it didn't bother me but there wasn't any financial stake in it or whatever.

Oct 25, 2017
The Black Dragon lives on!

Also Green started a new consulting company recently, couple months ago. So I assume he's done with Hit Detection.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Cool idea but bad name.

Yeah, would it have taken that long to just Google the name first? I really enjoy The Dialog Box.

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
I just started watching his Dark Souls playthroughs and was wondering what he was up to, very glad to get an answer, and excited Austin is his first guest! Always miss the brodeo.
He's done a handful of streams recently (playing Sekiro or Subnautica), though it's been a month or so since the last one.

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
I don't usually listen to podcasts, but with Jeff Green involved and Austin Walker as the first guest, I'm in.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Cool idea but bad name.

Making the best of it at least.

(More folk should listen to The Dialog Box, it's very good!)

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Making the best of it at least.

(More folk should listen to The Dialog Box, it's very good!)
Good to see this Dialog(ue) Box dialog(ue) happening, hadn't heard of the other podcast yet and will now check it out. Might work out like that for other listeners and it's a net positive for the listener numbers of both shows🤞

Kat Bailey

Host - Axe of the Blood God
Verified
Jan 5, 2018
Your comments how you hate traditional gaming podcasts on last Axe of the blood god make morse sense.

Ah, you noticed that :)

Nothing against the very talented folks on the various gaming news pods throughout the industry. I just think the gaming podcast realm is very fertile territory for further experimentation and development.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
So are you guys going to try and redo what Robert Ashley was doing with A Life Well Wasted years ago, but with Jeff instead of Robert doing the interview?

Last edited:
Episode 1 w/ guest Austin Walker
OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 1 is up on Apple Podcasts & Spotify:
For our first episode, we're joined by Austin Walker, host of the popular podcasts Friends at the Table and Waypoint Radio and formerly of Giant Bomb. He's here to talk about his journey from academia to the games industry, the rise of D&D, editorial battles with sales and PR, and much more in this extended conversation with host Jeff Green.

Last edited:
OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
New podcast name and art starting next episode, but the show will continue in the same feeds:
As an aside, yes, we're changing the name out of respect for the folks at @DialogBoxCast. Hopefully it should all be relatively seamless. Expect that in time for Episode 2.

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff is looking for feedback, let him know on Twitter if you have any input for the show:

And it's live! Enjoy. And send feedback! It's been a few years since I've done this....

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Cool idea but bad name.

Came to post this.
The Dialogue Box is a great name for a cool low key podcast. Shame it already exists.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
vIyf34I.jpg

Also that first episode is almost 300mb and is only 2 hours long. Jeff/Kat, if you read this. You should probably improve the audio compression going forward.

That will murder some phone data caps.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
The USGamer post mentions this RSS feed: https://dialogueboxusg.libsyn.com/rss
You should be able to add it manually to Google Podcasts if it works like Apple Podcasts, the option is called "Add a show by URL" in that app.
Thank you!
Also that first episode is almost 300mb and is only 2 hours long. Jeff/Kat, if you read this. You should probably improve the audio compression going forward.
Also, yes please, lol.

OP
OP
takoyaki

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
There's now a proper Google Podcasts feed if anyone was waiting for that option:

podcasts.google.com

Branching Narratives With Jeff Green

Veteran gaming personality Jeff Green hosts a rotating cast of game developers, influencers, journalists, and executives for frank conversations about how they got into video games, the state of the industry, and more.

New Podcast Title: Branching Narratives Podcast

Last edited: