• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the arc of his death at the time, but the first single issue comics I ever bought were the first issues of the Reign of the Supermen. The covers with the variants of his shield caught my eye, of course I didn't buy the one that was the traditional shield (The Eradicator) and I regret that.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I didn't read the arc of his death at the time, but the first single issue comics I ever bought were the first issues of the Reign of the Supermen. The covers with the variants of his shield caught my eye, of course I didn't buy the one that was the traditional shield (The Eradicator) and I regret that.
Heh, same with me. Except I bought all 4. They were my first comic book purchase ever. Somehow, the stars aligned and my moms business partner decided to become a rep for DC Comics in our area, so he gave me 2 copies of every DC book every week for almost 2 years straight. I had the entire Knightfall and Return of Superman run, Bart Allen origin, Zero Hour, Milestone launch, etc. I couldn't believe it. The best part is when they'd send him some Marvel stuff to see what the competetion was up to and he'd just give them all to me cause he didn't care. Ended up with some pretty random and cool books.

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, same with me. Except I bought all 4. They were my first comic book purchase ever. Somehow, the stars aligned and my moms business partner decided to become a rep for DC Comics in our area, so he gave me 2 copies of every DC book every week for almost 2 years straight. I had the entire Knightfall and Return of Superman run, Bart Allen origin, Zero Hour, Milestone launch, etc. I couldn't believe it. The best part is when they'd send him some Marvel stuff to see what the competetion was up to and he'd just give them all to me cause he didn't care. Ended up with some pretty random and cool books.

Lol! Sounds like you had the full-on "Uncle that works at Nintendo" scenario.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I need to see these "black bag first printings" everyone's talking about...

Probably saw it before, but my memory is fuzzy.

Like this except my bag is not open. I'm told that is what is inside (the grey issue).

s-l1600.jpg

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was 7/8 I still remember my brother bringing home two of the white bag issues. One to tag one to store we eventually got the graphic novel coronavirus and I really like it. Some great imagery. The death and return of Superman game on genesis was great too.

Still love it. And still love that Doomsday came out of nowhere and wrecked everyone's shit. No explanation, no justification, just the end.

This. That was the best part. Just a force of nature that Superman had to die stopping.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
In the UK I remember this being on the 10 O Clock news. I can't think of another comic book story going as mainstream as that here.