• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Why are Blockbuster Tweeting?

• NFTs

Votes: 132 63.2%
  • Going to announce their funeral in an upcoming Nintendo Dorect

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Employee is bored

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • Someone hacked them

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • They are going to buy Netflix

Votes: 17 8.1%

• Total voters

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
mulan-disney.gif

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Can I just come print out my N64 Pokemon Snap photos or nah

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean I gotta pay the late fees on this VHS of The Adventures of Milo and Otis?

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
That #GoodbyeNetflix tweet is hilariously relevant now 11 years later.

Who is even running this account though? Does anyone still work for Blockbuster!?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
blockbuster sucked. real ones know hollywood video was the place to go when it had a game crazy attached to it.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I guess their efforts to build a functioning time machine have finally yielded some results, and they plan to go back in time and actually agree to buy Netflix. Not sure I approve this meddling with the space-time continuum.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I was rented a movie from Champagne Video and they wanted to charge me extra to rewind the movie but I decided to keep it an extra day then yada yada I had to pay $98 since it got stolen.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of miss independent video rental stores.

Blockbuster drove them all out of business.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely NFTs.
There were two groups trying to launch Blockbuster branded NFTs last year, Dish who own Blockbuster themselves and one of those scam DAOs (they're all scams) that said they'd try to buy the trademark if enough people bought into their scam.

I assume this is the former, I didn't keep up with the latter but if they didn't rugpull by now it'll be because they didn't make enough money to be worth rugpulling.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I would have assumed it was for the Blockbuster show that is coming out, seems like a pretty easy marketing plan for it. NFTs is funnier though I guess.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Blockbuster single handedly killed al of the smaller, locally owned rental places in the area when they finally opened a branch in my small hometown. Shit sucked, even the anime selection wasn't as good as some of the local places lol

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
I still have a Blockbuster gift card I never got to use. I went in to buy a bunch of cheap movies when one of the last ones here began their sale but they weren't taking gift cards for said sale.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Netflix is getting desperate, so they're partnering with Blockbuster.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be cool if they found a way to be relevant again.

The Blockbuster party game thing is fun.

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
No! I worked there after high school. I've only felt safe these last several years knowing that they were dead and gone.

I swear, if one more customer askes me to help them get Knocked Up and then laughs uproariously at themselves...