• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I hope if they are doing something for the series that it's not just another remaster. Even though the textures on PC can look pretty bad at times, more often than not the game still looks great, especially on an OLED. The consoles I guess might benefit a little more, but an actual new game would be nice...

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Guess that lends some credence to that rumor about a remake/re-imagining.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Remaster coming soon + new game is the dream. I have these downloaded on my Series X to replay at some point already from a few months ago.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Jedi Fallen Order really has done a number on EA
giphy.gif

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
The second I learned the DS reboot was being made by the team behind Battlefront II's incredible campaign I was stoked.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more excited for this EA Play than any before it.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'd love a remastered trilogy. Still just not excited in any capacity for a reboot though cuz those games still play well and look pretty amazing given their age, especially the first.

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
I'm all for a remake.

It better NOT be first person!

That would be an insta-no-buy for me.

DON'T FPS this TPS EA!

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically hoping for a remastered trilogy announcement with a 2022 release, and confirmation that a new game in the franchise will enter production. Jokingly expecting the Dead Space skateboard to be revealed instead (very low expectations will help me be pleasantly surprised with whatever happens!).

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck do people notice stuff like this? Is someone checking dormant user accounts manually to see when the accounts change their profile or are they doing more advanced stuff like data scraping?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Remember kids, when good games succeed - good games get made.

At some point...
Otherwise, Dead Space 3 wouldn't have decided to go into the direction it did only to cause EA to use the nuclear football for influencing that design in the first place.

I'm all for a remake.

It better NOT be first person!

That would be an insta-no-buy for me.

DON'T FPS this TPS EA!

The games don't really need a remake though (*cough* except the third), and considering EA is all about the highest profits for the least effort, I doubt they would be doing anything more than a remaster anyway.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I'm not interested in remasters honestly, albeit that's because they're already backwards compatible on Xbox, and once something is BC an HD rerelease has zero value to me.

A new game may or may not be interesting. I'd prefer a sequel to 3 using the apocalyptic fleeing from giant hungry meatmoons over a reboot.

Jan 29, 2018
I replayed 1 and 2 last year and it didn't feel like they need a remaster at all. Dead Space 2 on PC especially still looks incredible. Hopefully it's a new game.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I have played through the trilogy a few times over the years, usually around Halloween. I really don't hate 3 as much as most people do, I think the campaign is pretty enjoyable. I would prefer a new entry than remasters though, and I wouldn't instantly write off a FPS, but it would have to be fucking incredible and innovative in ways we haven't imagined for me to care.

I think I'm more optimistic about Callisto Protocol at this point, but I'd like to be showered with two great games in this vein.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
I replayed 1 and 2 last year and it didn't feel like they need a remaster at all. Dead Space 2 on PC especially still looks incredible. Hopefully it's a new game.
They absolutely still look good, but I'd still absolutely want a remaster though.

It has more to do with how much graphics have improved since then than how the originals have aged. PBR textures with ray-traced lighting and reflections were not things back then and they'll help give them a more life-like look which will only enhance the immersion and fear-factor while still retaining it's great gameplay.

If they're just ports with a resolution/framerate bump then I'd be really disappointed because I already get that on PC.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to see whatever new thing they are making with Dead Space. Only played the first one, but it's one of my favorite games of the generation.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'd rather have remasters, because I don't trust we'll ever get anything as good as Dead Space 1 again.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Cool but eh, I wouldn't expect anything more than a remaster.

Last edited:

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
Another vote for happily getting a remaster. I haven't played any of them since they came out so I'd almost certainly forget where all the jump scares are and poop my pants anew.

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's actually funny how the entire gaming community had to convince EA on the fact that a good single-player game with no mtx bs (looking at you, dead space 3) can be successful. Pretty sure we're getting a new dead space at this point.

GrahamGoring

Nov 8, 2017
If it's a new one, it'd be funny if the release date lined up with The Callisto Protocol and that was more Dead Spacey than EA's actual Dead Space.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Dead Space 2 is one of my favourite games ever so I'm down

Although having a brand new one would have been better

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
what if they've just been working on a YouTube channel redesign and not a new game