• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
has there been any rumors of when horizon 2 is gonna get released? that is my true next gen killer app.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I picked up my PS5 an hour ago, gonna go home and open it soon but in the mean time the box is just sitting there taunting me...

giphy.gif

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
On the 19th I'll face every bot in Portugal trying to get one. If I don't I'll probably not play any game until I have one, I just want BC... :(

I'm Portuguese and i pre-ordered on a Fnac store by paying 50€ and somehow i don't feel like i'm safe. I'm always there harassing those guys to make sure they don't forget i exist, lmao.

I dont like jim ryan at all, He is a Corporate liar in every shape and form. Not 100% sure but i bet most anti consumer decisions come from him

Sometimes i wonder if people even know how much Jim Ryan is responsible for how big Playstation is in Europe. This is Sonyland thanks to him and he's a guy that's been with Playstation almost since day one.
He's not the CEO for no reason you know?

I mean...the Insomniac deal was made on his watch. Somehow Sony managed the Covid-19 situation first and better than anyone else. Remember when everyone made fun of Sony when they started to pull off from events? They were always a step ahead. We didn't even get a single delay due to Covid for the PS5 or game releases. Only TLOU2 was for like 3 weeks and that was due to distributing / manufacturing. It had nothing to do with development.

He also made Playstation way more open to cross-play. Remember how things were until really early last year?

Jim is the real deal and saying he doesn't understand gamers makes no sense. Specially when Playstation is the place to play Fortnite, GTAV, COD, while being the console attached to football here in Europe. Dude knows what's up.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
Sometimes i wonder if people even know how much Jim Ryan is responsible for how big Playstation is in Europe. This is Sonyland thanks to him and he's a guy that's been with Playstation almost since day one.
He's not the CEO for no reason you know?

I mean...the Insomniac deal was made on his watch. Somehow Sony managed the Covid-19 situation first and better than anyone else. Remember when everyone made fun of Sony when they started to pull off from events? They were always a step ahead. We didn't even get a single delay due to Covid for the PS5 or game releases. Only TLOU2 was for like 3 weeks and that was due to distributing / manufacturing. It had nothing to do with development.

He also made Playstation way more open to cross-play. Remember how things were until really early last year?

Jim is the real deal and saying he doesn't understand gamers makes no sense. Specially when Playstation is the place to play Fortnite, GTAV, COD, while being the console attached to football here in Europe. Dude knows what's up.

That's all well and good, but I'll have you know that Jim Ryan has also done things I don't like, and for that, he is in fact, the very essence of the worst. /s

I agree with you and think you're right on the money.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
www.game.co.uk

PlayStation 5 Console

Ready for the next generation of gaming? Unlock new gaming experiences with the new PS5 console, here at GAME.
www.game.co.uk

PlayStation 5 Digital Edition

The next generation of gaming is here. Prepare for next level gaming experiences and check out the PS5 Digital Edition at GAME!
Game have some up now

EDIT: Added Digital Edition if that's your thing.

Thank you for the link. I'll probably pass this because game charges upfront, and they are not promising a launch console.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
We also knew that it would be nearly impossible for gamers and press to experience next-generation features like the DualSense wireless controller's haptic feedback, or our immersive 3D Audio, in a socially-distanced world.

Speaking of which, why didn't they just put out a nice trailer showcasing the 3D audio? It's just a stereo signal, so it should easily be doable via Youtube if you just put a big "View with headphones!" message at the start.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I woke up early today, so I thought "hey, I'm up early on PS5 launch day, ill see if I can order one", then I realised I live in the UK.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He mentioned "the first PlayStation". PS1 BC confirmed.

You know...I've always wondered this. Does Sony have this in the utility belt if they need to throw it one day? Like, can they patch it in later down the line?

"Yo! 30 years of PlayStation...boom! Backwards compatible (except for PS3)"

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
We didn't even get a single delay due to Covid for the PS5 or game releases. Only TLOU2 was for like 3 weeks and that was due to distributing / manufacturing. It had nothing to do with development.

Well... technically Destruction All-Stars was delayed to February so there was a first party game delay, but I agree that Sony has done an excellent job getting this impressive launch out mostly unscathed. I do understand the feeling of not really liking Jim Ryan though, he gives off a very corporate vibe, he doesn't feel like the type who would be into gaming himself at all.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Bring it on! On time please amazon. I'm just thinking about what games we're gonna have in a few years from now, literally getting goosebumps with excitement.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Well... technically Destruction All-Stars was delayed to February so there was a first party game delay, but I agree that Sony has done an excellent job getting this impressive launch out mostly unscathed. I do understand the feeling of not really liking Jim Ryan though, he gives off a very corporate vibe, he doesn't feel like the type who would be into gaming himself at all.

Destruction All-Stars looked more like a strategic delay though. It went from a launch game released at full price to a PS Plus game in February for 2 months.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Destruction All-Stars looked more like a strategic delay though. It went from a launch game released at full price to a PS Plus game in February for 2 months.

That's potentially true alright. I wonder if they're taking the extra time to rework it a little to add more micro-transaction elements since they'll be giving it away for free instead of charging for the base game?

bakedpony

Oct 27, 2017
Jimbo has outlasted everyone thatbwas in the old days right? He made Shu his underling and kicked out Shawn Layden. After Andrew House, he went in for the kill

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Next 7 days is gonna be a killer, I got one Dualsense yesterday, and the charging dock today, with the camera, headset, and another DualSense coming today.

Then the main event next Thursday.

Last edited:

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that song they're using. It got me hype during the reveal and still does

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Let's not get all revisionistic in all the hype, please. It was the very same Sony under Jim Ryan that vehemently was against crossplay for total BS reasons like "Think of the children we have to protect!" all while Nintendo was opening up their online. It took a huge fan campaign, a game too big to ignore like Fortnite and a position of Sony having their backs against the wall against the entire competition that finally made them reluctantly reconsider.

Also, his "lol who ever wants to play old games, they look bad" comment in regards to back-compat support for games older than PS4 was legendarily stupid.

Look, that dude certainly does lots of things right, otherwise Playstation would not be in the position that it is right now. But those things plus the EU price hikes do not really make him sympathetic to me.