• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
Dark-Pictures-Little-Hope_08-29-19.jpg

The next entry in The Dark Pictures Anthology series of horror games developed by Supermassive Games following The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan is The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, a teaser trailer at the end of Man of Medan reveals. It will launch in 2020.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 30.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Another Sold Day 1, I love this kind of games. I hope they continue with the Couch mode.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I've got LITTLE HOPE for it after Man of Medans reviews hurr durr thank you for paying attention to me

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This feels too fast. I don't know... I just don't have good feeling about this Telease shedule after those mixed reviews.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels too fast. I don't know... I just don't have good feeling about this Telease shedule after those mixed reviews.

Yeah, there's something odd about announcing a sequel almost literally hours after the first game releases (to mixed reception, too). Since it's launching next year, chances are you'll be able to buy both games for the price of one (more or less) by the time it arrives.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's something odd about announcing a sequel almost literally hours after the first game releases (to mixed reception, too). Since it's launching next year, chances are you'll be able to buy both games for the price of one (more or less) by the time it arrives.

It's not a sequel.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I still want to play Man of Medan myself, I have a feeling I'm gonna like it anyways. Also, is that Will Poulter in the trailer?

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it wasn't announced hours after the game... It was announced in game after beating it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, the entire shtick of the Dark Pictures banner is that these are going to be smaller games released frequently. That's why they are not 60 bucks like Until Dawn.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
This one looks more interesting than Man of Medan to me. Giant Bomb's Quick Look kind of turned me off to it, horror has to have interesting characters and MoM didn't seem to.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Just a clarification, this is teased at the end of Man of Medan. Just like for example Dontnod is teasing next episode in their games, every time.
I don't see anything wrong with that, they are probably already working on next few games of the anthology.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Maybe not the best title after the middling Man of Medan reception, but still, I remain on board. MoM showed promise. Hopefully they can properly polish this one.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Wow. You liked it that much?

I've been eyeing it but wasn't sure.
Yeah, I have explained it in the review thread:

I really liked it. My first run was very frustrating, because I lost three characters only because I missed one QTE for each one. Then, I looked at options and it really improved the game. I also played it with friends.

Now I'm at 17 hours according to Steam and I haven't finished yet. I really enjoyed the game and all the possibilities it has (I just found another ending in my last playthrought). It's probably the most interactive video game ever made, because everyone can die at any time (my first character died when I was at less than 30% of the game). I saw a lot of critisism about writting, but personaly I liked it, especially the story (but it's impossible to explain why without spoil it).

And it has so much content. You can play in single player, local multiplayer or online multiplayer. You can play with the movie cut or with the curator's cut. Each playthrought, each way to play it is really different.

I'm still sad about those QTE, but with the right options, it's one of the best narrative game ever made. Play it if you like this kind of game.

But to be completely honnest, I really like narrative games, it's probably my favorite kind of game. I have played a lot of these games (Tales from the Borderlands, Batman S1/S2, Guardians of the Galaxy, A wolf among us, Game of thrones, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Detroit, Until Dawn, Hidden Agenda, Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier, Life is Strange 1/2/Before the Storm, Super Seducer 1/2, Bandersnatch, The Council and recently Erica) and liked the majority of them. 5/10 is the first good note for me (because it means that I liked it), so as you can see, I enjoyed 15 of those 19 games. I really the good person for this kind of game.

Of all those games, Man of Medan is probably the game with the most interactivity. Everyone can die, yes, but at any time and the game always adapt to who is alive and who isn't. Yes, it isn't perfect, but it gives me all I'm asking for, so it's already one of my most anticipated game of 2020 (with Twin Mirrors and a small indie game called "Cyberpunk 2077". Bandai Namco is involved in all those games, this is funny).