• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0qFky7Pm.png

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
What did the dad expect was going to happen lol? Like I've definitely been there and tried to lean on virtual things that weren't there, but that wasn't just a hop in to the abyss for fun. Dude went for a belly dive lol.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Carefully walking a plank to hurling himself into a virtual abyss - I can't figure out what his end goal was on any level.

This is hilarious.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
I used to set this up for classes at my alma mater, just to screw with people through the magic of I M M E R S I O N I would run a fan when they would reach the top floor.

But yeah the department I worked at had to replace two headsets because people would leap off the plank.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
www.pcgamer.com

Man dies in VR accident, reports Russian news agency

This is the first VR-related death we're aware of.

A 44-year-old Moscow resident died after falling through a glass table while wearing a virtual reality headset, reports Russian news agency TASS.

"According to preliminary information, while moving around the apartment in virtual reality glasses, the man tripped and crashed into a glass table, suffered wounds and died on the spot from a loss of blood"

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of those shots of people hucking their wiimotes at their TV during an intense game of Wii Boxing.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always act as a guardian for people in this game as they usually get lost and try to do some shit like this. Best fist time VR experience to show how good it is in a short amount of time.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Funniest shit I've seen all day. This is the new generation of the person throwing their wiimote into the TV.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
My wife took out my mom's TV to death with a superman punch playing Superhot VR.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
The disturbing thing is that he didn't hesitate to jump to his death.

Poor guy probably just wanted to see/experience what would happen.

At first I thought this was a planned stunt for hits..... but I can see how someone first experiencing VR gets caught up in the world.

Like someone posted earlier, I always hover around someone first trying VR out...ready to catch them or nudge them back from things. And of course I tell them I'm about to nudge them, or else that can be another accident in itself. 😬

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I went to a spot in L.A. called 2bit circus. I tried out one of their immersive VR where you wear a backpack and hold a gun. Its crazy how immersive it was with a small maze, small bursts of air hitting you to simulate arrows being shot. Also the fan where you're walking on the edge of a cliff. I really felt I could fall to my death.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The disturbing thing is that he didn't hesitate to jump to his death.
I've demoed this to people and its a weird mix of believing they are there and trying to focus on how its not real. I think their wires get crossed so they think "I wonder what happens if I jump? I shouldn't get hurt as its a game." Forgetting that their physical body is somewhere different than they perceive.