• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm glad they are finally getting rid of ESPN, all they did was hold Dan & Crew back. Wherever they end up, I hope they are able to express themselves more freely without some big corporate machine constantly breathing down their necks.

Also, now I have absolutely zero reason to ever watch ESPN again. How bout that!

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hope it's SiriusXM simply because I want no commercials. I stopped listening to this an the DP Show because of all the commercials they throw into the podcasts. Yikes.

DubleDuce

Jan 15, 2018
Super glad they'll be broken of the shackles of ESPN, but I hope the intermission between Jan 4th and the debut of their next project isn't too long...

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, shame. Having them being part of ESPN gave them this renegade contingent within the company that really worked for them, of when they were a smaller Miami deal With 790

Getting an awesome (deserved) deal at any other spot will take out some of the charm of the show and some of its identity along with it. However, they havent failed me yet so I'll be there.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ugh, shame. Having them being part of ESPN gave them this renegade contingent within the company that really worked for them, of when they were a smaller Miami deal With 790

Getting an awesome (deserved) deal at any other spot will take out some of the charm of the show and some of its identity along with it. However, they havent failed me yet so I'll be there.
Part of me feels similar. I think one of the things that's makes the show entertaining is a result of the restrictions they're under.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
If I have to hear Dan waste endless amounts of time explaining how bad Stu is....yawn. Shit got old five years ago.

I'd agree with you if I didn't try listening to a bunch of Mina's podcasts and just bouncing off of them right away. The whole explaining how bad Stu is is the shtick.

Honestly if it's one thing I hope this brings is no longer needing to fill so much time that half of every days show isn't explaining innner workings/going behind the curtain to talk about something that is obvious. Or billy

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Honestly if it's one thing I hope this brings is no longer needing to fill so much time that half of every days show isn't explaining innner workings/going behind the curtain to talk about something that is obvious

Counterpoint- Dan dunking on the stupid "What's for lunch" segment has been high comedy.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I'd agree with you if I didn't try listening to a bunch of Mina's podcasts and just bouncing off of them right away. The whole explaining how bad Stu is is the shtick.

Honestly if it's one thing I hope this brings is no longer needing to fill so much time that half of every days show isn't explaining innner workings/going behind the curtain to talk about something that is obvious. Or billy
Fine, Bomani then. Anyone with some intelligence would be a nice change of pace.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Counterpoint- Dan dunking on the stupid "What's for lunch" segment has been high comedy.

It will be interesting to see what the show is when half of it isn't trashing limitations/espn executives. Like half of me thought that they were just playing that up for killing time and that it wasn't as serious as it was until now.

Fine, Bomani then. Anyone with some intelligence would be a nice change of pace.

Access to various espn people is the one thing I know I'll miss since each one of them that becomes part of the show contributes greatly. Though there are a few that have been let go that they may have more access to now. Like Hill or Virk.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Wow huge news but everyone saw it coming. I'll be there as I have been since day one. Local hour better not go anywhere.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
ESPN is going to be hurting for content in the next few years.

Who's next to jump ship?

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I just realized that this means no more Tim Kurkijian.

Tim is a paid segment apparently. No reason he couldn't be on once they get settled- the departure appears to be more amenable than Simmons's, where ESPN folks were banned from his platforms for a year.

The random drop-ins of your Minas/Pablos/Dominiques are going to be missed more.

Also, no more First Take cutaways :(

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Oh well. I log onto ESpN to listen to lebatard and no one else really. Looking forward to his next medium.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Dan's been harping on this- most of ESPN just exists to get you to the next game, because that's where the real ratings/money is.
Yep. And it couldn't be more clear by giving radio shows to Greenberg and Max. I attempted to listen to their shows and it was difficult. Just low effort radio.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing on ESPN I liked. I'll go wherever they go (or at least the podcasts).

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so Stu Gotz is really gonna run out the shot clock and collect ESPN checks for the next two years? Is this some type of joke? Because it's also a very Stu Gotz thing to do. I can't tell.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie. I liked Mike and Mike. And it's not that I liked Golic more than Greenberg since I don't think I'd watch a solo show from either of them. Was a decent enough "just the sports" show.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Im still playing catch up, like a month and a half behind, do we know if the podcast will remain available once the show ends?

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
On Google Play, LeBatard has an app he's been talking about for a while and it supposed to have all his shows and podcasts