• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
unnamed-1.jpg

Via CultMTL:
Trevor Noah and The Daily Show bought full page ads to troll President Donald Trump in today's New York Times, Washington Post and Los Angeles Times. The ad features the cast of The Daily Show as members of law firm Trevor Noah & Associates & Sons and is aimed directly at Trump, and reads, "Are you a soon-to-be ex-president? About to lose legal immunity? Has your lawyer gone to jail?"

The phone number in the ad actually works, and features a message from Trevor Noah himself advising that he can arrange transport for Donald Trump to Uganda, where he can't be extradited back to the United States. The full message is below.

"Hello Mr. President. I'm Trevor Noah, managing partner of Trevor Noah & Associates & Sons. Have you ever been to Uganda, Sir? It's a beautiful country with a strong goat-based economy. And most important, it does not extradite to the United States. At any time on or before January 20, 2021, I can transport you and any members of your family you actually like to Uganda. I can provide this service for, I don't know, $10-million. Let me know. Oh, and if you made a mistake and you're not actually the President, press or say "2" now. Otherwise, goodbye Mr. President."

This is good. Lock if old.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That is the most diverse lawfirm without it being a drama show about discrimination

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
I'm laughing and then I go wtf is this now what is normal compared to four years ago.

the institution of the POTUS. Wow.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
That image is so good lol. Noah managed to pull of a late night show with a cast better and more memorable than most TV comedies or even dramas :D

Ronny Chieng's expression kills it lol

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
My sense of humor has been worn down into a joyless nub this year, and I find it hard to see this as anything other than a level of smarminess that although cathartic, hasn't had any tangible results on political outcomes.

Although show me this in 2021 if Biden wins and I will probably give a genuine audible chuckle.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty good.

Wished it was on the more conservative papers like the WSJ or whatever papers the Murdoch's own.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's chances of winning re-election are too good for this kind of hubris. This has a chance of aging as well as this meme:

raoox5kg9mr21.jpg

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I like the Daily Show, but that's just cringe and not really funny at all. 🤷‍♀️

data west

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing has really reinforced to me that I don't think Trevor Noah is funny whatsoever. And he's being fed the easiest tee offs in the world by President Shithead.

oh well, much bigger things to worry about right now.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
My sense of humor has been worn down into a joyless nub this year, and I find it hard to see this as anything other than a level of smarminess that although cathartic, hasn't had any tangible results on political outcomes.

Although show me this in 2021 if Biden wins and I will probably give a genuine audible chuckle.

Are you me? Because this is how I feel too.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I will laugh AFTER 45 is out of the WH and not a second before. Odds are low he'll be back in next year, but they are not zero

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've been pretty much sick and tired of the "trolling Trump" meme since "Drumpf" was a thing.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. They really showed Drumpf what's what. 🙄

You did it a again liberals. Where would we be with out you.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been informed that after seeing this advertisement, Trump has resigned from the presidency. Additionally, the Federal Circuit is prepared to unseal 500 indictments tonight. I take no pleasure in reporting this.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just think how all that money could have gone to anything actually useful, productive, even life-changing instead of a bad joke that, at most, vaguely annoys him in a completely inconsequential way.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
The "Get you off without 130k" line is smart and funny. Doesn't spell it out so obviously as elsewhere. Otherwise kinda meh. So much of these jokes have a lot to do with delivery - tone, timing, context, buildup. Don't work as well in text.