• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Daily Beast has reported that Trump now is believing that Biden will win in November because "some people don't love me.":

www.thedailybeast.com

Trump Seems Resigned Biden Will Win: ‘He’s Going to Be Your President’

The remark comes after Trump told an Arizona reporter that Biden “will complete” the border wall.

For the second time this week, President Donald Trump appeared almost resigned to the idea that former Vice President Joe Biden will beat him in November, telling Fox News' Sean Hannity that Biden "is going to be president because some people don't love me."

The president seemed to acknowledge current polling, which shows the ex-veep up by double digits nationally and leading in most battleground statesincluding Wisconsin, a must-win for Trump.

"And he is going to be president because some people don't love me, maybe," Trump said. "And all I'm doing is doing my job."

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
The Daily Beast has reported that Trump now is believing that Biden will win in November because "some people don't love me.":

www.thedailybeast.com

Trump Seems Resigned Biden Will Win: ‘He’s Going to Be Your President’

The remark comes after Trump told an Arizona reporter that Biden “will complete” the border wall.
That dude aint done his fucking job one time ever in his miserable life. And if he had to work my blue collar labor job for even one day he would piss his pants and go home crying

brochiller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He is doing his job if his job is allowing thousands of Americans to die and cheering white supremacy while the economy crumbles.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao there's something almost sad about that, like you know he's just saying it to be a manipulative jackass but there's maybe the tiniest fraction of an ounce of the penny starting to drop in there that he's going to die as one of the most hated people on the planet

Don't get complacent, act like it's a tossup through til November and vote like your freedoms depend on it

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
LOL...yeah trying to play a sympathy/pity card...oh poor me, no one likes me for doing my job

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
This is just him trying to make his base more desperate and radical by questioning their loyalty and floating the possibility of a horrible evil world where he's not in control anymore. He will still do everything in his power to rig the election.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
LoL, he is just hedging his time before he skips out to Russia before Biden puts the hammer on him in January...

Oct 27, 2017
"Some people don't love me"

If by some you mean "anyone with a shred of common decency and more than 5 functioning brain cells"

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Trump is more like a WWE character and not an actual human. Everything is the biggest, best, and greatest, the greatest economy, the best job, etc. And he takes no responsibility and never does anything wrong according to himself. But then you have these brief moments where the veneer is off. No matter what he says about fake news or rigged polls, he knows he's very likely to lose. This is the real him and a rare time to see it.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
He is just trying to paint himself as the underdog, in no world does anyone think he believes he is actually going to lose.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, he did this with Clinton too. Dude wants to control the narrative. I always go back to the night he won--he was shocked. I low-key thinks he wants to lose 'cause he never wanted to be president in the first place.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I won't be satisfied until I see him sheepishly leaving the White House with a cardboard box full of his belongings.

Actually there's a second day that will bring me more satisfaction. But hey.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Whenever he does talk, he can't put two sentences together," Trump exclaimed. "I don't want to be nice or un-nice. The man can't speak."
Don't think I've ever seen an adult use "Un-nice" before, this is toddler language.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Playing a sympathy card is a bold option when the people your base consists of are brought up to think that admitting defeat is a weakness, and everyone else pretty much hates you

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope he does lose this time. Like humiliatingly. So much so that he gets memory holed harder than Bush did. They need to be kept out of power for a good while.

Oct 25, 2017
He's not resigned at all - he couches it in a "maybe".

Reporting that he's resigned to losing builds complacency - it gives people the idea that Biden will win no matter what, so campaigns slack off a bit, maybe a few people feel their vote isn't needed because it's going to be a landslide anyway. It's what happened four years ago.

His words are designed exactly for that effect - to make the left complacent while garnering sympathy from his base.

PuppetMinion

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Don't believe an grifter just because you like what he is saying, easiest lies to sell are the ones where you downplay yourself

This clown has gotten so many gimmies, despite his fuckups... Makes you want to scream

Deleted member 31199

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Trump is more like a WWE character and not an actual human. Everything is the biggest, best, and greatest, the greatest economy, the best job, etc. And he takes no responsibility and never does anything wrong according to himself. But then you have these brief moments where the veneer is off. No matter what he says about fake news or rigged polls, he knows he's very likely to lose. This is the real him and a rare time to see it.

Like a WWE character yet was a WWE character and hosted two Wrestlemanias. Dare I say the past four years have been like WCW 2000-01.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember he said this in his 2016 debate, sonething like "Well when you're president..." he complained about the dems stealing the election then too. Hopefully history won't repeat.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember he said this in his 2016 debate, sonething like "Well when you're president..." he complained about the dems stealing the election then too. Hopefully history won't repeat.
It will, we're setting ourselves up for it already. We talk about how well Biden is polling so far in advance, the lead narrows to 2016ish levels as we approach November, Trump pulls some shady shit to win key states, and we're back in hell forever as he declares himself president for life.

There is no escape.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
"If I lose this election you're going to wish I hadn't because you will inherit a wasteland from me." - Donald Trump, Nov 2020

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This strikes me as manipulative but I do hope that some small part of him recognises that he isn't entitled to universal adoration for simply existing. And I hope that eats him up inside.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The irony of this selfish hog trying to garner the sympathy vote. Go choke on your guilty conscience.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I watched the clip and it doesn't sound like he's resigned so much as he is making excuses ahead of time in case he doesn't get re-elected.

He's saying he's doing a great job and if he loses in November, it's only because of the haters. There's zero introspection here.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I get that he probably doesn't appreciate this, because his favorite politicians are all cult of personality authoritarians, but the point isn't to have voters "love" you. If you just do things to help people, make the world a little better, and show empathy, that's usually enough (when combined with each party's built in 40%).

You petty fruit:

"some people don't love me."

giphy.gif