• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
Stumbled upon this game on the Epic Game Store.

Elevator Pitch:
20 min matches, 20 players drop on SciFi themed world. Complete contracts during match, team up with randoms in game. Level progression in match. Collect materials. Escape in drop ship before time runs out.
Mainly PVE with the contracts and killing local fauna. You can attack other players, but there is no incentive. If you kill too many people, there is a bounty placed on your head. Goal is to complete a set of 4 objectives (mine for material, collect mushrooms, kill x number of these beasts, ect) then get to the Evacuation site in the middle of the map before time runs out or you are killed by local wildlife.
Get money for kills and buy weapons (kitted out before launching game). Craft new weapons and armor to be unlocked in game.

Really interesting progression of the Battle Royale formula.

The heavy emphasis on PVE makes it very accessable to newcomers and to people that have bounced off of traditional BR PVP games if they don't have the time or ability to "get gud". You can and are encouraged to win games with out killing player characters. It is honestly in your favor to avoid conflicts like that.

Has anyone else stumbled upon this game? I found no OT for it, or any other mention here on Era. Hope we can get a conversation started.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
"Who is working on this game?
The game is made and published by YAGER, an independent development studio known for 'Spec Ops: The Line' and based in Berlin, Germany."

Oh really?

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I've seen a lot of advertisements for this on instagram. It looks interesting but I've heard literally no one talk about this so I just assumed it was crap...

OP
OP
LordValhalla

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
"Who is working on this game?
The game is made and published by YAGER, an independent development studio known for 'Spec Ops: The Line' and based in Berlin, Germany."

Oh really?

Yah I thought the same. Don't really see the similarities in the two. I guess Yager made their money over the time doing contract work for other studios. Hopefully that wide expertise will help them in this game.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the concept but didn't enjoy the execution so much. The gunplay feels just alright. Objectives and enemy AI are pretty simplistic imo.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Tried it the other day. Seems really polished. Lots of interesting systems. Definitely going to put some more time in it.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like this game. wish more people played it and it was on more platforms to increase the player base.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Just played it earlier tonight. Was really enjoyable, shooting feels good, a lot of different options with the suits for movement and abilities, and the concept is really interesting. Kind of similar to Hunt: The Showdown in the pvevp aspect. I hope it's able to maintain a healthy playerbase.

OP
OP
LordValhalla

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
I like this game. wish more people played it and it was on more platforms to increase the player base.

I'm sure they got some kind of exclusivity deal to be on EGS, but I agree that it should be on other platforms for the sake of the player base. My only big gripe is that it can take a minute or two to get enough players for a match. Its not egregious, but when you are use to waiting 10 seconds, that wait time is noticeable.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's still crazy how the game got completely removed from Steam in a single night while they were still holding alpha and beta tests on Steam the day before.
At least give your community some time to maybe move over to the EGS but don't shut down everything few minutes after the EGS announcement.
Cvsmh8B.jpg

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they got some kind of exclusivity deal to be on EGS, but I agree that it should be on other platforms for the sake of the player base. My only big gripe is that it can take a minute or two to get enough players for a match. Its not egregious, but when you are use to waiting 10 seconds, that wait time is noticeable.

EGS probably had part in it considering they took game off from Steam and made it impossible to play and abandoned Steam players by not giving ability to move to Epic unless they acquired new beta key somehow.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The playerbase isn't that large but I guess the good thing with the Epic Game Store deals is that it makes having to sunset your game less financially damaging. Finding a match takes forever sometimes.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
This almost matches the idea I had for an MMO 15 years ago. The premise is similar. Fighting the environment and collecting mats but theres a third faction of crafting guilds that are on subscription (the pve stuff is f2p) that buy mats and sell crafted goods. Guilds compete with patents on exclusive items only they can craft or license out to other guilds and its played in seasons with resets every 6 months. Winning guilds get persistent bonuses next season.

It was to simulate all kinds of economic models.

OP
OP
LordValhalla

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018
I found that I got into more PVP engaments when playing in squad mode. It seems that in solo or even duo most people avoid getting into Pvp.