• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Y'all always so uncomfortably weird when it comes to Tyler's Superman. (Though I understand preferring Routh's, as he's awesome, and fucking massive)

He's weaker than Supergirl, it is what it is.

I know Supergirl is often heavy-handed when it comes to stuff like that, but I feel it's disingenuous to apply it here. The way I see it, they got tired of people always asking where Superman was at, especially for the bigger threats. Given that Supergirl is the main character, not him, they eventually made it very clear she's stronger, as well as sending him off to another planet, all for the sake of justifying her being Earth's primary protector. Because again, it's her show, not his.

If they were all about making it some trite message of "Girls can be stronger than boys", then this show frankly would've done that from the beginning. Their approach has only ever been a reactionary response to the perpetual shadow that Superman cast over Kara and the show.

I always took it as Kara is just... Angrier than him for lack of a better word. Like when she laser beamed red tornado into dust she was channeling all that rage and pain she keeps bottled up all the time.

Clark just doesn't have that much to be mad about.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I always took it as Kara is just... Angrier than him for lack of a better word. Like when she laser beamed red tornado into dust she was channeling all that rage and pain she keeps bottled up all the time.

Both of them can do that, it just burns out their powers for a while so you can see why they don't.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I still can't get over the fact that Donner's Superman is back. I'm sure it's lost on many but the importance of that particular version of Superman is almost too big to quantify. This is such a treat.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
They better not erase his kid.
They're not, they're aging up up to being a teenager. Which I like, understand why it's a good idea but also disappointed that we're going to miss Jon as an enthusiastic little kid with super powers.

Yesterday I randomly remembered that Season 2 of Lucifer
establishes that it exists in a multiverse
Just a nice little detail that made me realize it fit into Crisis really easily.
Is that the idea that Heaven and Hell are like above (or.. below, heh) the multiverse? I don't remember.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They're not, they're aging up up to being a teenager. Which I like, understand why it's a good idea but also disappointed that we're going to miss Jon as an enthusiastic little kid with super powers.
No Jack-Jack shenanigans. 🙁
It would've probably gotten old really quick but I'd still like a few episodes of it.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Constantine and Lucifer on screen together was great. Found out that moment happened 5 years before the events in season one of Lucifer.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
Hoechlin's suit is one of the rare times where the collar would actually work on a Superman design. He had it as evil Superman in Elseworlds and it looked so much better.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know what just to drag people back on the Smallville nostalgia here's the one reminder of the one thing I actually missed about this Arrowverse Ollie

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a fun question. Which show do you think will change the most/ benefit the most post crisis?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't followed any Arrowverse show for a while now, but what happened to there only being 52 universes (plus X)?

Anyway, my guess is that, after this, they'll be able to just restore 52 universes. That way, Supergirl and Black Lightning can return to their status quo.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Oh and The Flash could desperately use a shake up of their status quo as well but I'll take the damn STAR Labs roof finally getting fixed.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't followed any Arrowverse show for a while now, but what happened to there only being 52 universes (plus X)?

Anyway, my guess is that, after this, they'll be able to just restore 52 universes. That way, Supergirl and Black Lightning can return to their status quo.

Wasn't the 52 Earths more of a comic thing after Infinite Crisis?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It kind of started there and spreaded out more and more over time. The implication from the Monitor is that the multiverse is infinite.
So what you're saying is Barry fucked it all up, huh? Yeah, makes sense.

Wasn't the 52 Earths more of a comic thing after Infinite Crisis?
They mention 52 specifically in an earlier Flash season. Then the Earth-X crossover brings it up again, saying that yes, there are only 52, but actually there's a 53rd that's hidden because of how bad it is.

...skip a few... 99, one million.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

That would be a complete waste and miss the whole purpose of the event. Black Lightning will still be divorced from much of it due to the show filming 2,000 miles away.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Gonna humbly plug for another CW show Legacies in here. It's like the insanity of Legends with witches, vampires, and werewolves. Tonight's episode had Santa fighting Krampus and the last episode had a vampire dance off.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Tonight's episode had Santa fighting Krampus
pfft it's been done

American-Dad-Season-10-Episode-8-49-6404.jpg

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That would be a complete waste and miss the whole purpose of the event. Black Lightning will still be divorced from much of it due to the show filming 2,000 miles away.
Just because they film in an entire different location doesn't mean they have be in a separate universe. Especially when they barely run crossovers with the shows that are in the area with each other outside the usual crossover.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Just because they film in an entire different location doesn't mean they have be in a separate universe. Especially when they barely run crossovers with the shows that are in the area with each other outside the usual crossover.

I didn't say they had to be a different universe. The distance is a good enough excuse for it to be more self contained plot wise and for the "why didn't they call ____" issues.

Not merging universes defeats to purpose of COIE.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hey, Vancouver and Atlanta can't exist in the same universe. It just can't.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Here's a fun question. Which show do you think will change the most/ benefit the most post crisis?
Assuming they actually do at least merge earth 38, Supergirl has some great potential going forward. Whether it'll be realized or not is a whole different thing.

They did say that all the showrunners have carte blanche to change/erase/retcon whatever in their respective shows post Crisis. Getting rid of this Punished Lena plotline sure would be nice.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say they had to be a different universe. The distance is a good enough excuse for it to be more self contained plot wise and for the "why didn't they call ____" issues.

Not merging universes defeats to purpose of COIE.
It doesn't, as you don't have to restore Universes 1-52. You can select any 52 out of infinity or mix some up.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming they actually do at least merge earth 38, Supergirl has some great potential going forward. Whether it'll be realized or not is a whole different thing.

They did say that all the showrunners have carte blanche to change/erase/retcon whatever in their respective shows post Crisis. Getting rid of this Punished Lena plotline sure would be nice.
Sadly I doubt they will, since it was just introduced this season and hasn't been resolved.

99% sure Kara will sacrifice herself to save Lena from something, probably either Lex or AI Eve, Lena will realize that she's the one who has been horrible to everyone else, and her and Kara will be bff's again. Book it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Sara is always the true MVP of these things. I promised our crew they would never have to do crossovers again.
From a training point of view, it makes sense that Smallville kent is buff. He has been working as a human.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Bullshit.

When he was fighting Kara thinking she was Zod, he was mad and, as he states literally, "I gave it all I had" and Kara didn't sweat it, to the point where she thought he wasn't serious.

It's not even up for interpretation as they literally spell it out for anybody that didn't get it in the back.

And then he ended up getting his ass handed to him by some random guy that wished to be Superman.

Not sure what they think they're achieving by consistently making him job and be underwhelming.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just gotta say it's really fucking cool that the donner superman is a part of this.

It's completely fitting that he's playing essentially the earth 2 supermans role and having just re read crisis I'm looking forward to the eventual "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH"

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Forget about Kara and Clark powerlevels, it bothers me to no end that Kryptonians get hyped up all the time but seemingly any non human race can pretty much go toe to toe with Supergirl in the show, it's not as bad as metas with random abilities being 100% confident they can take on Flash on their first day of crime and usually be right about it though.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
For me, the problem with Tyler is that when he's standing next to Routh or Welling I don't see two Supermen, I see Superman and a wannabe

I mean. I guess. I don't take Welling seriously. You can't put on a costume, you're just some dude.

Bullshit.

When he was fighting Kara thinking she was Zod, he was mad and, as he states literally, "I gave it all I had" and Kara didn't sweat it, to the point where she thought he wasn't serious.

It's not even up for interpretation as they literally spell it out for anybody that didn't get it in the back.

It's not gonna matter. None of that shit will stick once he gets his own show.