• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think everything will get merged. But I think we will see Earth-38 and Earth-77 (Black Lightning Earth) winding up getting merged with Earth-1.
This. I get the impression our main shows will be merged. Black Lightning basically cleared the table for that to happen with them. Especailly if those deaths happen so recent that the public doesn't know about them. Introducing tons of new people and aliens to Earth would provide all the shows with tons of new story ideas. A lot of the other shows from the past are likely to get their own Earths again simply to make it easier to explain their position. A lot of other Earths we might see that have no show connections are likely gone.

Though you could straight up merge Earth 89 with Earth 203 since that Huntress is the child of Batman and Catwoman. That Huntress is clearly later on in the Bird of Prey shows timeline.

The one single Earth though is something I don't think we're getting at all though. Making it impossible to travel between Earths could be a fallout until they attempt to do Infinite Crisis at some point.

I would say though they should take this opportunity to recast some characters. For example recast Wally so they can still use the character. Especailly if they wan to keep Flash or a Flash show going when it's time for Grant to leave. I expect Jon is getting aged up in the end as well if there really is going to be a Superman show.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the writers were told that any alterations, corrections, etc they want to make to their shows, now's their chance.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the writers were told that any alterations, corrections, etc they want to make to their shows, now's their chance.
I hope so. Now is the time to go wild with corrections and possibly future proofing things.

Also was the implication there that Superman existed on Jefferson's Earth or rumored to be but was never proven? I know comics exist on his Earth. Was the idea those comics were inspired by rumors, etc. which is why he was geeking out? Or just seeing that Superman was real and not just a comic character the reason?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
The reactions here and on comic vine (haven't been there for a while and was curious as to what those idiots thought of Crisis) are vastly different. Holy shit are those people furious about Cryer-Lex, Routherman, Kara x Kate, more Kate, and just women characters in general. Good reminder as to why I don't lurk that site anymore.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so. Now is the time to go wild with corrections and possibly future proofing things.

Also was the implication there that Superman existed on Jefferson's Earth or rumored to be but was never proven? I know comics exist on his Earth. Was the idea those comics were inspired by rumors, etc. which is why he was geeking out? Or just seeing that Superman was real and not just a comic character the reason?

The latter, I think. There's no implication that the comics were inspired by real people.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I really like that they're building a strong relationship between Kara & Kate. I really expect to see them have the same sort of relationship Barry & Oliver have with each other going forward. I think we'll see those shows crossover on smaller scale things more often. Ruby & Melissa work well together.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The reactions here and on comic vine (haven't been there for a while and was curious as to what those idiots thought of Crisis) are vastly different. Holy shit are those people furious about Cryer-Lex, Routherman, Kara x Kate, more Kate, and just women characters in general. Good reminder as to why I don't lurk that site anymore.
The site is dire

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really like that they're building a strong relationship between Kara & Kate. I really expect to see them have the same sort of relationship Barry & Oliver have with each other going forward. I think we'll see those shows crossover on smaller scale things more often. Ruby & Melissa work well together.

I would love to see Flash x Black Lightning and Supergirl x Batwoman crossovers happen occasionally, yeah. They could just do them as little ad-hoc crossovers without roping all the shows together. The connection between Barry and Jeff as heroes who both come from ruined families is something I want them to mine more.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking they need to follow the MCU route and have the crossovers scale down a bunch after this, because nothing you could realistically do could be any escalation of this anytime soon

So bring on the Kate/Kara World's Finest crossover goodness for me

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I'm thinking they need to follow the MCU route and have the crossovers scale down a bunch after this, because nothing you could realistically do could be any escalation of this anytime soon

Yeah, the only thing left after this would be some version of Final Crisis & I don't see that happening. Probably best to let the shows breath & see how things shake out with the new spin-offs & Arrow leaving for a season or 2.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah. The scale will toned down for a while until the next huge event. Hopefully by then they're allowed to use and show The Lantern Corps because that's something I want to see.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly that's already on the agenda. They're probably exhausted, anyways.

Also, at this point, they have enough shows to do a full-on Crossover Week with different shows crossing over with each other without roping EVERYBODY TOGETHER at once. Would probably significantly more fiscally affordable and not as narratively messy to do it that way.

"Oh, here's the Supergirl x Batwoman night. Tune in on Tuesday for Flash x Black Lightning night!"

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly they might be best suited to break "crossover week" next year into two mini crossovers only involving certain shows. So we'd get like a two episode BL/Flash arc and then a two episode Kate/Kara arc. Would be a lot easier logistically.

EDIT: lol PlanetSmasher and I having the exact same idea

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The clear show to do after this is Infinite Crisis, with old flash and somehow da-aged batman 66 Robin (who becomes a superboy prime power figure and cuts up heroes while screaming "GEE CRIMEY!:)

Oct 25, 2017
I have been watching this event even though I don't watch any of these series normally, so this is pretty much all new to me.

Part 1 (Supergirl) was probably one of the worst episodes of television that I've seen in a decade and gave me a heaping helping of fremdschamen.
Part 2 (Batwoman) was actually pretty neat and I was into it.
Part 3 (Flash) was neat too but not as much as part 2.

Overall though the dialogue fucking hurts as does much of the acting. Often feels more like fan film than low budget tv.
But they do have fun. 90s Flash was cool. I've never seen Lucifer but he was instantly interesting to watch. Black Lightning seems like a cool guy. I can get into a few of these characters. That dude people here are saying is Brainiac completely intolerable though.
Seeing Routh as Clark and Superman again feels so damn good. Give this man more superman work please.
The newer Superman doesn't seem bad either, he's pretty likeable. Not bad casting and possibly one of the better actors from my limited exposure.
(Though when he stands next to Routh I do get a distinct feeling of you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.)
hLRwiQq.png

I am pissed at Lex. I was super pumped to see Kingdom Donner Superman as part of the final team and that last bit was really deflating. In fact I'm mad that both these nice Supermen are out of action for the moment. Teleport me in I'm gonna beat the beard off this fuckin dude.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am pissed at Lex. I was super pumped to see Kingdom Donner Superman as part of the final team and that last bit was really deflating. In fact I'm mad that both these nice Supermen are out of action for the moment. Teleport me in I'm gonna beat the beard off this fuckin dude.

I'm fine with it because Kara is our lead. Superman is getting his own spinoff next year though.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They very deliberately don't want Superman involved in the final group because in this multiverse Kara is the most important Kryptonian. And that's dope.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have been watching this event even though I don't watch any of these series normally, so this is pretty much all new to me.

Part 1 (Supergirl) was probably one of the worst episodes of television that I've seen in a decade and gave me a heaping helping of fremdschamen.
Part 2 (Batwoman) was actually pretty neat and I was into it.
Part 3 (Flash) was neat too but not as much as part 2.

Overall though the dialogue fucking hurts as does much of the acting. Often feels more like fan film than low budget tv.
But they do have fun. 90s Flash was cool. I've never seen Lucifer but he was instantly interesting to watch. Black Lightning seems like a cool guy. I can get into a few of these characters. That dude people here are saying is Brainiac completely intolerable though.
Seeing Routh as Clark and Superman again feels so damn good. Give this man more superman work please.
The newer Superman doesn't seem bad either, he's pretty likeable. Not bad casting and possibly one of the better actors from my limited exposure.
(Though when he stands next to Routh I do get a distinct feeling of you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.)
hLRwiQq.png

The dusted characters will likely be back in force by the end of Part 5. We know Jefferson has a substantial role in that episode.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My problem with the dialogue is it's taking the worst aspect of comic writing, where 90% of shit people say at a moment is exposition. For this event I'm eh on it cause they're trying to do more then they can with 4 hours and the scope theyre adapting and how many storylines...but that shit is in their normal 30 minute episodes of these series. Like WTF.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Wonder what seven anti-paragons the Anti-Monitor will summon for the battle.

Flash - Reverse-Flash
Supergirl -
Batwoman - Alice or Bruce?
Martian Manhunter - Manchester Black?
Choi -
Sara - Damian again but he's like nah we're cool now
Lex - Rosenbaum Luthor

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
My problem with the dialogue is it's taking the worst aspect of comic writing, where 90% of shit people say at a moment is exposition. For this event I'm eh on it cause they're trying to do more then they can with 4 hours and the scope theyre adapting and how many storylines...but that shit is in their normal 30 minute episodes of these series. Like WTF.

Flash and Supergirl specialize in this type of writing. Arrow is more grounded and dour, and Legends is just goofball. Gambi in Black Lightning can get this way sometimes but I love that old man.
"Jefferson! You must link up to the access point and allow an uplink to the satellite relay! I can grant you access until then and then we can defeat this darkness with light! Good is better than evil!"

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Flash and Supergirl specialize in this type of writing. Arrow is more grounded and dour, and Legends is just goofball. Gambi in Black Lightning can get this way sometimes but I love that old man.
"Jefferson! You must link up to the access point and allow an uplink to the satellite relay! I can grant you access until then and then we can defeat this darkness with light! Good is better than evil!"
Fuck, I just read that in his voice and it sounded so goooood.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017

Flash - Reverse-Flash
Supergirl -
Choi -
Lex - Rosenbaum Luthor

I'd be all for Supergirl's being Agent Liberty just to get a little more Sam Witwer in this universe.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Flash - Reverse-Flash
Supergirl -
Choi -
Lex - Rosenbaum Luthor

I wonder if he's even going to do that. I kind of feel like it's mostly going to be Thawne and shadow demons instead of a bunch of villains.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Since Thawne is the embodiment of time shenanigans and universe jumping..... I can see him bringing his own legion. It's not likely, like at all, but it would be pretty hype to see him appear out of the Negative Speed Force with his own Legion of Doom.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
-If Pariah knew all of the steps about Flash 90 got on the treadmill, why didn't he tell anyone a long-ass time ago? Or at least before Barry planted his face in it..
He said that he didn't have all his memories, but he intuitively knows that Barry's an idiot. Since his curse is to bear witness to tragedy, he withheld that information so he could see Barry be Barry and run straight into the force field and get bounced like a mook. Somewhere deep down it allowed him a moment of joy.

It's the little things.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm enjoying the fanservice and character interactions but man...... There hasn't been many fight scenes with other characters.

I'm fine with there being little fight scenes. Fight scenes and FX aren't what make these series - it's the characters, so having them share screen time is the value in this crossover.