• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Forgot about this.
tumblr_mfam1jfimm1qispq9o6_r1_250.gif

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
I enjoyed it even if it was less exciting than last episode although this will take place over 5 episodes so I get it. It can't all be final battle sorta stuff. Slower episodes are okay especially with all that fanservice! Captain Cold was great as was Smallville. Of course I wanted him to suit up, but I thought it was a fitting end anyways. Not sure why Kate straight up murdered Batman but here we are. Also Brandon Routh is jacked af. Awesome.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Smallville, shout out to Lionel Luthor who was fucking amazing in that show. No one chews the scenery quite like John Glover.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the Monitor bring Oliver to the pocket dimension to talk in episode 1 when he found out Barry was supposed to die? Or is the pocket dimension something else?

Pocket Dimensions were the Post-Crisis's way of having a Multiverse without having a Multiverse. They were alternate realities that didn't contain a full universe, just a handful of worlds or even a room.

We don't know if the Monitor's lair is a pocket dimension or some place on the edge of the universe, but it's probably a pocket dimension.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah.

For those that don't know Apokolips ends up being summoned into orbit around Earth. I think that's what happens. Smallville Clark when he fully embraces and becomes Superman in the finale is like pre-Crisis level powerful and pushes it away enough that it goes back to where it comes from. That's the world's first impression of him too. Him being able to do that. The season 11 comics don't fully go with that power level but yeah the end of that finale is wild. The planet is so close that people are able to see the surface and that becomes a plot point in the season 11 comics. Some on Earth were able to get a look at that horror show.

Season 10 and parts of 9 lead up to that though because the show gets more and more comicbook like in what happens and who shows up. It's also like the shows best seasons. Or at the very least among the top 4. So what happens doesn't come out of nowhere but even then it's a wild display.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela

I'll defend Smallville all day, every day. No superhero show has ever gone as batshit insane as making Doomsday into a paramedic named Davis who keeps blacking out and waking up covered in blood, kidnaps a dudes fiancee, gaslighting her into staying around because otherwise he'll murder everyone, then having his human and monster sides split and somehowhis human side is the worse of the two.

Smallville was wonderful, wonderful schlock. No wonder Clark no sold this Crisis, the dude's been there, done that.

"Also I'm beyond deaths stroke" is the greatest line of dialogue in television history.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I kinda wish Earth 1 Freeland wasn't controlled by the ASA. It would've been a nice juxtaposition to see a version of Jenn in a world where she was just living a normal life and had no powers.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Theory:

Tonight: Earth 1 falls.

Finale: The Seven Paragons use the Book of Destiny to build a New Earth, which is a combination of their memories of their own Earths. (Black Lightning is a Paragon)

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I know some in this thread aren't really feeling the cross over as much as previous years, but I'll gladly take all this fanservice. Goddamn what a ride this has been.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Seeing Barry fight Eobard in a good looking suit, will be nice. If it happens.

They should make a meta joke about season 5's god awful suit and how the new one is much better.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Routh's Superman is the Donner Superman but dressed like the Kingdom Come Superman?

And Conroy's Batman wasn't the Kingdom Come Batman but some psycho murderer Batman?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that kinda bugs me now that we seen other earth get wiped. Why did Earth 38 have all those earthquakes before it got wiped? Earth 2 and Earth BL didn't have any of that happening

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
One thing that kinda bugs me now that we seen other earth get wiped. Why did Earth 38 have all those earthquakes before it got wiped? Earth 2 and Earth BL didn't have any of that happening

I wonder if the massive tower sprouting from within the Earth had something to do with it? I'm pretty sure that would cause the ground to quake a little bit.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Well we do know that the Anti-Monitor is getting more powerful the more earths he destroys. So maybe now he's powerful enough that he can destroy earths more quickly.

Earth 2 I think did have earthquakes or something, but they did say they're going to explain why it was wiped first and early.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's with Kara wanting to bang every dude she met this episode

Also at this point I feel bad for Tyler being Superworf

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of Smallville, shout out to Lionel Luthor who was fucking amazing in that show. No one chews the scenery quite like John Glover.
Lionel Luthor: No, no, love has a way of blinding even the sharpest minds. We don't look because we don't want to see. But once love has been stripped away, then we see the real person clearly. They're revealed to us with all their flaws, their foibles, and their secrets.