• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I am rewatching the episode from last night.

It didn't even occur to me that they used the GOAT Batman theme (Batman '89) in the opening montage.

So good.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Speaking of there's always one. I'm the one that doesn't have a problem with the heel turn.

Yeah this
I think for me it's just that I hate the whole "you lied about being [superhero], now i'm SO ANGRY" trope. I've mentioned that in these threads every time it comes up. It just makes so much sense why a superhero would keep their identity a secret.

So combine that with the fact that Lena wasn't just pissed. Okay, I can at least accept that, because it's standard for the medium. But she just became evil. That's what makes it so bad, imo.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I think for me it's just that I hate the whole "you lied about being [superhero], now i'm SO ANGRY" trope. I've mentioned that in these threads every time it comes up. It just makes so much sense why a superhero would keep their identity a secret.

So combine that with the fact that Lena wasn't just pissed. Okay, I can at least accept that, because it's standard for the medium. But she just became evil. That's what makes it so bad, imo.
Thea finding out about Oliver is the most "realistic" portrayal of being revealed someone's secret identity they've had in these shows, I think.

Oct 25, 2017

Its not really that at all, it's the fact that her friends and an entire government organization lied to her, gaslight her, and used her for information all at the same time while doing so under the belief that she isn't really a good person and cannot be trusted with something as trivial. It's such an overwhelming feeling of being used.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They confirmed season 11 of Smallville is canon, in which he is alive.

Season 11 takes place six months after the series ended so Elseworlds would definitely have taken place after that.

We see Chloe seven years in the future with a kid in the final episode of Smallville but if I remember, we don't see Oliver nor are we told where he is -- and that would be before Elseworlds as well at this point.

So S11 wouldn't have any impact on whether or not that was him in Elseworlds.

And besides, why would he be on Earth-90? It's not Smallville's earth.

Why is anyone on anyone else's Earth? :P

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To the people saying Earth-38 superman suck's becuase he retired and superman would never do that,

CLARK KENT IS NOT FUCKING BATMAN

Superman would gladly hang up if his cape to have his happy ending, that doesn't mean he still won't help when needed, but remember Clark Kent is the man, while Superman is the ideal.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thea finding out about Oliver is the most "realistic" portrayal of being revealed someone's secret identity they've had in these shows, I think.
The funny thing was that Diggle though it would of been a bad idea then the reveal went completely opposite of that. It was lowkey crazy it turned out that way considering how angry she was with Ollie for a while towards the end of Season 2

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the episode and really dug it. Even though it's finally here it still feels unreal they're doing Crisis. I hope the rest is as good as this opening. Some thoughts/questions:

It would appear Earth-89 is not the actual movie one but inspired by it since the Newspaper mentions Joker being captured. Unless there's another Joker that came about. Was anyone able to make out what else the paper said? Overall it was a nice intro and the use of Elfman's theme was great. Same for the '66 theme on that earth.

Was the Titans bit re-used footage from that show? Not having the people react kinda looked off. And was that music the theme of that show?

Ollie's death was fine, I look forward to him popping back up.

Who was the lady in the blue costume on Earth-38?

Monitor being debilitated by Oliver was a bit much.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the episode and really dug it. Even though it's finally here it still feels unreal they're doing Crisis. I hope the rest is as good as this opening. Some thoughts/questions:

It would appear Earth-89 is not the actual movie one but inspired by it since the Newspaper mentions Joker being captured. Unless there's another Joker that came about. Was anyone able to make out what else the paper said? Overall it was a nice intro and the use of Elfman's theme was great. Same for the '66 theme on that earth.

Was the Titans bit re-used footage from that show? Not having the people react kinda looked off. And was that music the theme of that show?

Ollie's death was fine, I look forward to him popping back up.

Who was the lady in the blue costume on Earth-38?

Monitor being debilitated by Oliver was a bit much.

I no prize it by saying the joker somehow found a way back to life, or didn't actually die.

Titans footage was from the unaired season 1 finale

Blue lady is Diggle's wife Lyla who's now Harbinger

Monitor was a bit weird, but there's gonna be a swerve involved

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'll say is the context between Kara and Kate was a bit off and it made it seem like there was a crossover between the two planned at some point to be pre-crisis but they weren't able to do it.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I'll say is the context between Kara and Kate was a bit off and it made it seem like there was a crossover between the two planned at some point to be pre-crisis but they weren't able to do it.
Agreed. That and the whole "guess I'll just unmask myself because she says everyone here is cool" felt off. I've only seen Kate in the last crossover but that seems a bit out of character from what I've seen. Way too trusting.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Agreed. That and the whole "guess I'll just unmask myself because she says everyone here is cool" felt off. I've only seen Kate in the last crossover but that seems a bit out of character from what I've seen. Way too trusting.
Man, her secret identity is one of the worst kept secrets in the Arrowverse. Her big bad knew basically from the beginning, her ex figured it out only for somebody else to get shot in the suit as a diversion, and said diversion was an old trainer/spy who ALSO figured it out. She told her dad even, so it's not uncommon for her really.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I really do like how they went for it by killing ollie. I know the rooftop fight was dumb looking, but I will always smile watching the big group fights, its just very comicbooky to me, and I love it for it.

Also, poor lena getting stuck with technobabble that she had to say really fast for no reason other just "Hey, why won't this science stuff work."

I am excited for tonights episode.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, her secret identity is one of the worst kept secrets in the Arrowverse. Her big bad knew basically from the beginning, her ex figured it out only for somebody else to get shot in the suit as a diversion, and said diversion was an old trainer/spy who ALSO figured it out. She told her dad even, so it's not uncommon for her really.

Ah, I see. Assuming the big bad is Alice, I could maybe, maybe see how she'd figure it out (given what I know from the comics) but the rest seems to fit right in with what I saw on Crisis then.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Seems like they were building off the rapport they seemed to have back in Elseworlds. It's neat, but I do think they're forcing it a little.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The wait to January for part 4 will be tough

Especially based on the fact that we know from production interviews that certain people won't be in Part 4 at all but WILL be in part 5. Which immediately makes me think some serious, serious shit is going to happen in tomorrow's episode.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Really dug Part 1. The opening was so hype. Really love it when all the heroes get together & the banter between them. It's crazy how little they actually interact regularly given all these shows are in the same universe. Was so nice seeing Sara & Ray again. I loved Alex's reaction to Kate. Hoping for more fun with Part 2.

Also, Tyler's Superman continues to grow on me. He's got the look & it's a different take on the character. Enjoying the sadness he brings to him & having to put the cape back on after leaving the world in Kara's hands.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed it. Thought Oliver's despiser was a bit anti climatic. Should've shown it on screen.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode was pretty good overall. Loved the cameos, especially "Holy crimson skies of death!"

Oliver's off-camera death was super lame and deserved more. People were arguing a few pages back that it literally saved a billion lives, but really how valuable of a sacrifice is that in this cinematic universe. Trillions of unknown characters are dying every second as infinite universes are being destroyed. We and our heroes are made to believe that those sacrifices are necessary for the greater good of making a unified stand against the Anti-Monitor to save everything else. So it really makes no sense for one of the most important leaders to sacrifice himself to save even 1 billion people, when everything will inevitably die if they fail to stop the Anti-Monitor.

PLUS his death was off-screen so we (the audience) weren't even given the opportunity to feel his sacrifice. His character deserved more after carrying this universe for 8 seasons. I hope they aren't done with his character just yet.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Episode was pretty good overall. Loved the cameos, especially "Holy crimson skies of death!"

Oliver's off-camera death was super lame and deserved more. People were arguing a few pages back that it literally saved a billion lives, but really how valuable of a sacrifice is that in this cinematic universe. Trillions of unknown characters are dying every second as infinite universes are being destroyed. We and our heroes are made to believe that those sacrifices are necessary for the greater good of making a unified stand against the Anti-Monitor to save everything else. So it really makes no sense for one of the most important leaders to sacrifice himself to save even 1 billion people, when everything will inevitably die if they fail to stop the Anti-Monitor.

A hero isn't a hero if they willingly let a billion people die when they have a chance to save them. Oliver made a choice (a suicidal one) that fits with his characterization. He wasn't going to let the Monitor stop him from fighting if he had any breath left in his body.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A hero isn't a hero if they willingly let a billion people die when they have a chance to save them. Oliver made a choice (a suicidal one) that fits with his characterization. He wasn't going to let the Monitor stop him from fighting if he had any breath left in his body.

Yet that is what all these superheroes are all being called to do in this particular storyline: give up their regular responsibilities of caring for their planets to stop the annihilation of everything.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yet that is what all these superheroes are all being called to do in this particular storyline: give up their regular responsibilities of caring for their planets to stop the annihilation of everything.

I imagine that's part of the lesson Oliver's going to learn the next time we see him after his death, that the bigger picture is important.

That said, the ship that was last through the gate was Brainiac's ship, meaning Lena, J'onn and a LOT of other important people were on it. If Oliver hadn't stayed behind they'd all be dust.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I imagine that's part of the lesson Oliver's going to learn the next time we see him after his death, that the bigger picture is important.

That said, the ship that was last through the gate was Brainiac's ship, meaning Lena, J'onn and a LOT of other important people were on it. If Oliver hadn't stayed behind they'd all be dust.
Yeah, that's an important point to note, especially since the wave pretty much came through as soon as that ship went through the gate. Even if it was only a few seconds or a minute that Oliver was able to buy for them, that was enough to at least save them.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

PLUS his death was off-screen so we (the audience) weren't even given the opportunity to feel his sacrifice. His character deserved more after carrying this universe for 8 seasons. I hope they aren't done with his character just yet.
He'll be back

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Since I haven't seen Supergirl since season 2, who was the girl in the blue costume working to get people on the ships? Also, what happened between Alex and Lena Luthor? Relationship stuff?

Good episode though. Finally got a look at old man Ollie. Shocked to see Robert Wuhl and Burt Ward back in their old roles. Makes me miss the good old days.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
WTF? I try to work out when everything is airing and they're not even showing all of it the UK?

No UK network picked up Batwoman currently, so yeah. The UK is kinda screwed and is missing Part 2. It sucks.

Since I haven't seen Supergirl since season 2, who was the girl in the blue costume working to get people on the ships? Also, what happened between Alex and Lena Luthor? Relationship stuff?

Good episode though. Finally got a look at old man Ollie.

Blue girl is Dreamer. She's a minor superhero with...dream powers. She hasn't done much this season.

At the end of last season, Lena found out that everyone knew Kara is Supergirl except her for years and is basically taking out her anger on all of them at once. The dam finally broke two weeks ago. There was also a period last season where Alex got her mind wiped and started hating Supergirl, which is what Lena was talking about when she said "For a second I almost believed you actually hated her".