• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Things not going as planned is totally RF fuckery right?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I did and others did too as I'm checking twitter.
People have issues with how he died, not that he died or the emotional aspect of his goodbye scene.

He got pushed over a couple times by Shadow Demons and you didn't see the wave energy hit him. Obviously not full on blast, but radiation burning once it got closer or whatever.

Add more of an impact to either part and it plays a LOT better.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I think it was just missing one little thing. Like a shot of the Shadow Demons bearing down on the escape ships making it clear WHY Oliver is doing something so clearly suicidal.
This, basically.

Other than that, I kinda dig that it wasn't some big, bombastic blaze of glory. Dude was doing what he did best, overextended himself and paid with his life. I kinda appreciate how soberingly normal (relatively speaking) it is.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
People have issues with how he died, not that he died or the emotional aspect of his goodbye scene.

He got pushed over a couple times by Shadow Demons and you didn't see the wave energy hit him. Obviously not full on blast, but radiation burning once it got closer or whatever.

Add more of an impact to either part and it plays a LOT better.

They should've had the Shadow Demons shred his suit as they hit him. I realize they probably didn't do that because those suits are expensive as fuck to make, but they should've made an exception for Oliver's goddamn death scene.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
So what's stopping Monitor form bringing him back again? Especially if this wasn't his fated time to go?

No more 1ups?

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
They just cut away and he comes back bloody, says he knew it was coming, and says his goodbye

then the monitor is like "oh wait. Uh. This isn't how it was supposed to happen."

I'm not trying to dunk on it too bad, but yeah it did feel like a cutaway gag. "I can handle it!" *cut to a destroyed Oliver* Narrator: "He couldn't handle it."

Maybe cut some of the other stuff from this episode to give his last fight a little more room to breathe?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
This crossover is reminding me once again how much these Arrowverse shows are basically the western equivalent of Tokusatsu shows in Japan.
Especially with these yearly crossover events, it's like the Super Taisen movies that Toei has with their shows almost every year lol...

Also there's no way Oliver is dead when there are still 2-3 Arrow episodes left, not counting the crossover episode of Arrow of course.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ok I am lost. Who the fuck is Wells now? Parallax? And did the actual Green Arrow just die?

Regardless I am in. I can't believe they're actually doing a multiverse Crisis on TV. Props.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I hope the antagonist gets properly developed. I've never read the actual comic so I don't really know anything about the Anti-Monitor. The ghost army though was super lame. They weren't really menacing and overall it just felt like they were not a threat at all so it was disappointing that Oliver died by them. The aliens they fought in Invasion! were more terrifying.

They really have to sell Anti-Monitor as a credible threat in the next few episodes though. They are in a situation similar to the MCU in which they have been hyping up this event for ages now and now finally have to deliver.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah the episode kind of went by fast. Not a lot of interactions either but hopefully the rest feel that way. The opening was really great though with all the earths.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
It's like I know Oliver isn't dying there on that table but damn that hit me in the feels anyway.

Great prologue episode of Crisis that was VERY fast-paced.

Crisis |OT| HOLY CRIMSON SKIES OF DEATH

Crisis |OT| Keep me in your heart.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So do we expect Pariah to go back to being Nash by the end of this? Or just no Wells in the second half of the Flash season?

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The only good scene in the first episode was the one about hope between Kara and Clark.

Lots of bad CGI ghosts and unnecessary flips.

Completely random scene with some random timeline Olly and Sarah. Like what the fuck was the point of that lol.

Olly on his death bed scene was unintentionally hilarious.

I don't know what I expected out of another Arrowverse crossover event.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really dug the episode. Definitely felt rushed, but loved it.

Also the reason the Ollie death is so meh (even though I did feel pretty affected by it) is because it almost certainly isn't the actual Ollie death.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched it after a lot of annoyances. That was a start. Oliver dying in this first part was a surprise, though it probably isn't the real death. And for some video game references, I keep expecting giant babies to fall out of the sky.
Anyone notice how Barry's lightning was red at the beginning of the episode? That was weird.
I had to go back and check this. Well then that was very weird. Looks like that brief negative speed-force visit finally got to him.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, I stepped away from Arrowverse for a while, and now I'm like who tf are these people when I'm watching this.

Arrow's going out like this, huh?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
C-can we please get a show about Routh's Superman instead of Earth 38's Joberman T.T ?
Considering his storyline, I'd say most of Routh's Superman's supporting cast is well and truly dead.

Routh's definitely got that special something though. I like Tyler's incarnation but just look at that thumbnail, Routh has that S factor that Reeve had. Like Tyler is that perfect supporting character Superman, but Routh is the leading man.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched it after a lot of annoyances. That was a start. Oliver dying in this first part was a surprise, though it probably isn't the real death. And for some video game references, I keep expecting giant babies to fall out of the sky.

I had to go back and check this. Well then that was very weird. Looks like that brief negative speed-force visit finally got to him.
Prob a homage to the skies turning red.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The earth's will probably be merged, in the comic you hit a point where there are few earth's left and people from earth's that aren't there but the merge takes that mostly into account and builds the universe based on the pieces.

Jon Kent is interesting, because other than being a parallel to his father's origin story he's probably going to be a stand in for alexander luthor.

I just googled Alexander Luthor (never read any of the comics) and apparently he built a Multiverse Tower that was destroyed in Crisis. Is that what the Quantum Tower is standing in for?

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I just googled Alexander Luthor (never read any of the comics) and apparently he built a Multiverse Tower that was destroyed in Crisis. Is that what the Quantum Tower is standing in for?

The Monitor built all the towers in Crisis on Infinite Earths, Alexander Luthor rebuilt one in Infinite Crisis. Seems like the Quantum tower would be based on the first.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Considering his storyline, I'd say most of Routh's Superman's supporting cast is well and truly dead.

Routh's definitely got that special something though. I like Tyler's incarnation but just look at that thumbnail, Routh has that S factor that Reeve had. Like Tyler is that perfect supporting character Superman, but Routh is the leading man.
Tylers costume is dull and boring and all he has been used as is to show Kara is better and stronger. So no wonder he has no S factor. Hopefully his new series fixes this and we get a new brighter suit and actual Superman.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Shame we won't see a live-action Council of Luthors.

crisis-on-infinite-earths-cover-390x600.jpg

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's stopping Monitor form bringing him back again? Especially if this wasn't his fated time to go?

No more 1ups?
As established in Elseworlds, to do that requires to tamper with the cosmic balance, so someone else should give their life in exchange
And even then Oliver was fated to die because he traded his life for Barry and Kara's in the first place, which could make his life already mortgaged for this kind of deal

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Given how progressive the Arrowverse tries to be (especially Supergirl) I'm suprised we aren't seeing Calvin Ellis, the Superman and President from the comics Earth 23.

Calvin-Ellis-Black-Superman.jpg

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oliver dying is having the same effect as watching Black Panther get snapped lol.

I remember the writers back after Infinity War saying "We can't write a show based on whether the audience knows trade secrets, insider info and comic book logic. We have to tell the story in front of us." So I'm cool with the Oliver death even though it likely isn't the final Oliver death

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
No sense destroying the suit if they'll need to use it in, oh, a couple of episodes.
Things are filmed out of sequence at every film production that exists. That's no excuse.

Give him one of the throwaway stuntman suits and give that battle damage. Keep his for future eps. Whatever.

Last edited:

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oliver's death and the moments after felt unearned. Too many skips to get to certain points throughout the episode. I hope the others aren't structured the same.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It was ok opening.

The chemistry of the cast seemed off.
Well, they dont really film with each other and in most cases are working with entirely different film crews that they don't know at all. It's like going to a new school or transferring to a new job site. You know what you're supposed to do, but you dont know anyone, the flow is different and it all feels weird.

Add in a rushed schedule with barely any time to get comfortable and there you go.