• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me a crash course on what happened on this season of Arrow? I never did catch up on that show.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Can someone give me a crash course on what happened on this season of Arrow? I never did catch up on that show.

Oliver has been running missions for the Monitor to prepare for Crisis. Spent a little time on Earth-2, which got obliterated after, did more missions, had his future kids and Diggle's adopted future son transported to present day, more missions, blah blah learn to accept his impending fate. He's going into Crisis with most of his baggage wrapped up and his future kids still in the present, helping.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully things have changed - like the Superman theme being off limits - but Guggenheim and Ramsey have both said they'd love to do it but aren't allowed. Green Lantern Corps is still one of DC's precious in development films.

The guy deserves it though. He's been there from the damn start.

Whaaaaat? C'mon WB, you can give us everyone else--give us this!

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just hasn't signed the contract yet since it's such a new show. That sucks though.

Deleted member 2954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've thought the same. The narrative has been so adamant about convincing us that he'll die that I suspect we'll get some sorta twist.

That's something that i've thought about during this season. It almost feels like their trying to retire Caitlin's character. I dunno if that means that she'll die or they'll somehow be separated and Caitlin goes elsewhere.
What if...Killer Frost becomes Ice?

4517354-gelo4.jpg

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Personally I just want to see Supernatural folded into the Arrowverse.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I want the kids from Legacies (The Vampire Diaries universe) to cross over into Crisis. They're basically television's biggest fans of the Marvel and DC comic book heroes having multiple references a season. Even Grodd from The Flash cameoed in one of the kids' dreams.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I just want to see Supernatural folded into the Arrowverse.
You and my wife just became best friends. Watched the trailers with her and her first question was, "why aren't Sam and Dean in it?" Said jokingly of course.

Now, I secretly want Supernatural to end in a red wave of energy. :/

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up on Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and Batwoman. Does Black Lightning have any lead up to this at all? I havent seen any of season 3 yet.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I want the kids from Legacies (The Vampire Diaries universe) to cross over into Crisis. They're basically television's biggest fans of the Marvel and DC comic book heroes having multiple references a season. Even Grodd from The Flash cameoed in one of the kids' dreams.

Bring MG and Hope over. Hope is essentially a superhero anyway.

Cast Lizzie/Jenny Boyd as Harleen Quinzel. She'd be fantastic in the role.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Hope is my Scarlet Witch.

That red jacket she wore in the S1 finale totally reminded me of her.

Jenny as Harleen haha that's dope, never thought of that.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oliver has been running missions for the Monitor to prepare for Crisis. Spent a little time on Earth-2, which got obliterated after, did more missions, had his future kids and Diggle's adopted future son transported to present day, more missions, blah blah learn to accept his impending fate. He's going into Crisis with most of his baggage wrapped up and his future kids still in the present, helping.
I also want to add since it wasn't stated that Ollie had to get materials to make a weapon to help with Crisis. Also a very important plot in this season is that Lyla has been also working with Monitor since he saved her from an IED attack in Afghanistan and the the thing Ollie gathered for the weapon was for her to turn her into her Harbinger

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched Elseworlds last night to kind of prepare. I forgot how much I like the haunting violin motif that kind of floats through all of the Monitor's scenes.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I forgot how weird batwoman's timeline is

She met Oliver and Kara

But on her show has only been doing it a few weeks

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how weird batwoman's timeline is

She met Oliver and Kara

But on her show has only been doing it a few weeks

I no-prize it this way.

Frist half of the Batwoman season -> Elseworlds -> Crisis -> second half

The ending of the mid season finale reasonably let's you put year inbetween things if you want too.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So aside from Arrow, are there any shows this season that I absolutely should be caught up on before Crisis? I guess maybe Flash? I stopped around the 3rd episode of everything besides Batwoman this season, so I have some catching up to do.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

So they sent Jonathan off on an escape pod - I guess that's how he gets aged up?

Cool how they're pairing off Batwoman and Supergirl - they're essentially Barry and Oliver 2.0.

That's probably the best version I've heard of the Batwoman theme and I hope they use it more.

Definitely forgot Oliver and Co never found out who Batwoman is except for Kara.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
So aside from Arrow, are there any shows this season that I absolutely should be caught up on before Crisis? I guess maybe Flash? I stopped around the 3rd episode of everything besides Batwoman this season, so I have some catching up to do.
Flash has been about crisis but but it doesn't feel... directly relevant to the crossover? Unless you usually watch Flash, I wouldn't say it's required. It's just about the Flash team coming to terms with it.

The only show you need to watch, other than Arrow, is probably the next Black Lightning episode, which airs on Monday after part 2.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
CW Superman has a quiet goofiness about that totally sells the character

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He's another example of great casting in the Arrowverse. Like from his into episode on Supergirl with just how happy he was it was such a massive contrast to Cavill's Superman.

Tyler's Superman seems like a genuinely nice person, and that's honestly what you need for a Superman - someone who at the end of the day is just a genuinely good guy who happens to be a good guy.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler's Superman seems like a genuinely nice person, and that's honestly what you need for a Superman - someone who at the end of the day is just a genuinely good guy who happens to be a good guy.

I was talking to a co-worker about that today and it's why Clark, Barry , and jeffeson appeal to me so much. He couldn't understand it and basically going with the they're all two perfect and it's more human to wallow in darkness and vengeance.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I was talking to a co-worker about that today and it's why Clark, Barry , and jeffeson appeal to me so much. He couldn't understand it and basically going with the they're all two perfect and it's more human to wallow in darkness and vengeance.
That's why I like 80s/90s comics Wally, dude was chill as fuck, he wasn't mr righteous either, he was just a decent guy with crappy parents.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Flash and a half to go to be caught up on all five shows. Won't be able to watch episodes 1 and 2 live, but should be caught again in time for part 3.