• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Flop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a new #ChrissyTeigenIsOverParty was trending yesterday. Some of her old tweets are pretty problematic. She has yet to apologize or explain her old views. I'm all for people can change, but some of these are pretty rough.

There's more to be found, I couldn't link it all in this OP. (Can only have 4 media links).

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah she can't be acting the way she does while having this shit. But I'm sorry the first two tweets and the fourth are just bugging the hell out of me. Today is such a nice day to cancel Chrissy? Bruh nobody knows you STFU acting like you got sway

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Problematic tweets aside, is she a victim of the alt-right crusade against anyone famous and not for Trump?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Every celebrity or person in the public eye that has yet to delete every social media post prior to 2017 is a enormous big baka

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The juxtaposition of generic "taylor swift dates and dumps people for material" jokes, sarcastic comments poking at conservative fears of gay marriage, and other levels of harmless-to-edgelord shade alongside genuinely awful transphobic and sex-negative stuff is so weird in these tweets.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I like how in all of them they made sure to add Lana Del Mehhhhh

That one is not even bad at all, even the NYC Gays can marry tweet reads like shes making fun of the tea party. Some are legit, whoa lady, you should have really shown restraint, but some are just...normal.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine posting on social media
Imagine posting this stuff on social media
Imagine looking through other people's social Messi's posts from years ago so you can #canceltheirparty

Everything about everything is pathetic

Apr 16, 2018
The transphobic/homophobic tweets I take issue with.

I don't give a single fuck about her coming for pop stars though.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect to see transphobic tweets...

Chrissy-Teigen-Golden-Globes-Cry-Face-GIF-Pictures.jpg

ANTISOULLESS

Banned
Dec 5, 2018
San Diego
Well. People are able to both mature and evolve.

So hopefully she has. 5 years is a long time. And you can grow a lot given the right person with the right circumstances.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Is that post even transphobic. Was "tranny" widely known as a deogratory term in 2009. I see articles from 2010 and up that it shouldn't be used anymore. Just curious because trantastic sounds very positive.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The juxtaposition of generic "taylor swift dates and dumps people for material" jokes, sarcastic comments poking at conservative fears of gay marriage, and other levels of harmless-to-edgelord shade alongside genuinely awful transphobic and sex-negative stuff is so weird in these tweets.

It was a bit of a strange escalation.

"She's making run of Taylor Swift, what's the pro....oooooooooooh"

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Alot of those are nothing at all...?

She should apologize for those transphobic seeming tweets though.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of those tweets aren't the least bit problematic. They're just making fun of celebs.

Yeah, there were plenty of legitimately dark troubling ones without sticking the sort of generic sweary celebrity shade ones in. If anything it's going to make her defenders feel more aggrieved/empowered. In fact it's already sort of muddied this thread.

Anyway, back on topic, hopefully if Kevin Hart has achieved anything this year, it's showing other celebs with terrible Twittter histories to suck it up and apologize to the people they offended and hurt, rather than the "sorry you are so sensitive" calamity he decided to go with.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The trans jokes are bad. The ones making fun of the other celebs were really funny though

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
These are pretty awful but I must admit the tweet about Mariah Carey made me laugh.

Two to FIFTEEN babies. Jesus.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyway, back on topic, hopefully if Kevin Hart has achieved anything this year, it's showing other celebs with terrible Twittter histories to suck it up and apologize to the people they offended and hurt, rather than the "sorry you are so sensitive" calamity he decided to go with.
do u want fake apologies though if someone's opinion hasn't changed inside?

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States

Yeah. This makes sense if this is a campaign by some other celebrity's fans who don't really see the magnitude difference between "Reina Del Ray isn't a good musician" and outright transphobia. Including that some are just like, "Okay, sure, this is a standard opinion" and not problematic in the least.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Is that post even transphobic. Was "tranny" widely known as a deogratory term in 2009. I see articles from 2010 and up that it shouldn't be used anymore. Just curious because trantastic sounds very positive.

Yes, but it's complicated. Tranny was in use as a term of endearment like "faggot" or "nigga" up until around the mid-2010s. I'm guessing Teigen was around a lot of queer people that used that word.

All of these tweets are 2010 Perez Hilton level stuff that are being viewed through a 2018 lens. In 2010, RuPaul's Drag Race had a segment called "You've Got Shemail." There was a monthly drag performance event in San Francisco called the Trannyshack. Etc. This is all very new.

Remember that the T word would refer to male sex workers that presented themselves as women. It was word thrown around by and at drag queens, gay men, trans women, the works. It was a word absorbed by some facets of the community as a badge of honor.

We have come to accept now as a collective that it is a word that has a dark history that shouldn't be held to the light. But that's taken us a while.

Essentially, all celebrities should delete their accounts in 2018 and start fresh in 2019.

Last edited:

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
Yes, but it's complicated. Tranny was in use as a term of endearment like "faggot" or "nigga" up until around the mid-2010s. I'm guessing Teigen was around a lot of queer people that used that word.

Worth noting that a lot of the queer people using that word aren't trans. There's a lot of hate towards trans people from cis people, even those who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Excusing Transphobia
These are old. Come the F on. This shits gettin old. Not even that bad of tweets

Z1r2y3

Oct 28, 2017
The tweets unacceptable are the homophobic/transphobic ones... she needs to answer for these.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
A lot of those tweets remind me of Perez Hilton type stuff you used to see all the time back then.

Oh man, I remember him. He always drew over the celeb picture that was being blogged. I remember he got called out for bullying when bullying started coming into a more prominent light.