• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
All the demo did for me was confirm that it'll be a day one purchase. I had an absolute blast with it.

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
I also think this will be a problem that people will the OG Switch will have to live with from now on.

Most developers from 2021 will target Switch 4K and framerate drops in the original model should be expected.

I'm not saying this specific game was developed with Switch 4K in mind, but if you don't plan to upgrade, yo should be prepared to experiencing this situation a lot in the future.
Stop with the hyperbole.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has a right to complain but these types of threads - the way they're written and phrased.... It just comes across as childish and ignorant. It's tiring and way too common.

Last edited:

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
It kinda looks like every time there's a Nintendo release these kinds of threads always appear lol. I played it a bit and I loved it. Stopped playing because I don't want to et the whole experience.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's a kt warriors game. Performance is always rough but as always the gameplay is a blast and they keep making it better

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
You've read their contracts? I doubt it.

I doubt Nintendo could do much to stop Mario + Rabbids or Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and I doubt they could do much here, either.

Could I not say the same to you? You've not seen them either and yet you're making assertions about XYZ. Based on my personal experience on projects like this, I have doubts that Nintendo has no say in the product that ships on November 20th. It's highly unlikely that they have limited to zero creative control over the product, and I doubt there is much stopping them from providing technical support should it be needed.

I'm not saying they have the power to stop the product from shipping. I'm saying that contrary to your post, it's extremely unlikely that they have little say in the project.

They didn't develop it, and they aren't even publishing it everywhere. In what sense is this first party? Would you call Cadence of Hyrule first-party as well?

It's a game based on a Nintendo property that Nintendo is publishing themselves in some regions. It is a first party title. Cadence of Hyrule is a hard one to define as I think it's the first time Nintendo has licensed out their property to an indie studio with no big publisher attached (although I know Spike Chunsoft published in Japan). Regardless, if Nintendo is licensing out the IP to a developer and has some creative input in the product then it's first party, yes.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's a place in the internet that exaggerates frame drops quite like this site. Reading demo impressions got me a bit worried but then when I played it for myself it felt like I was playing a completely different game than many of you.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
This is a well dwveloped Mosou, imho
This kind of games has tons of action on screen and Always stutter in terms of frame rate
Even other episodes on switch had similar performances
Yes, isnt that polished, as usual omega force prodcuts
But It Is also tons of fun
Too bad Nintendo didnt have other First party internally developed games for this holiday I agree
But this hw game seems a good product honestly

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit confused at the replies just blaming it on being a musou. Outside of DW9 and a couple of the other Switch ones, they've been solid for like at least ~10 years. Even the Vita releases were surprisingly decent.

I don't agree with calling it unpolished (though it does run terribly).

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe nintendo is pushing this game out this year when it's in such a messy state. This game sooo needs more time to fix the damn framerate. The demo made me wanna barf due to how how unstable the framerate is.

You have to realize, only hardcore forums with opinions such as ffvii remake will outsell animal crossing care about these things.
I spoke to a friend yesterday about AoC and he never mentioned the framerate.

Like.. no one i know cares about framerates

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We knew this year would be awful to be a Nintendo fan, when your biggest game release in March and everything else is port + Paper Mario.
Hopefully next year will be much better.

Fire Emblem Warriors had a 60fps mode and I really miss it, Age of Calamity is still enjoyable. If you want to see bad performance, play Warriors Orochi 4.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I don't think there's a place in the internet that exaggerates frame drops quite like this site. Reading demo impressions got me a bit worried but then when I played it for myself it felt like I was playing a completely different game than many of you.
Some of us are sensitive enough to it that it affects whether we can play or not - I see concerns about framerates dismissed more than championed on here.

The way this thread is framed is not judging the game particularly fairly though.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone has a right to complain but these types of threads - the way they're written and phrased.... It just comes across as childish and ignorant. It's tiring and way to common.
100% agree with this.

At the end of the day, it's good that there's a demo so at least these people won't be creating threads on launch day saying Nintendo fooled them... right? (Yeah, right...)

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
My god I wish Nintendo would just announce the Switch Pro if it exists just so I don't have to see it referenced in every god damned thread.

I wish I had that kind of money to be so eager for a new expensive piece of hardware that will turn the one I own obsolete.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
The demo was garbage and the game is the usual musou stuff
Hard pass for me, a very disappointing 2020 from Nintendo

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
You 30fps snobs go play your games in other consoles, I for one love this slideshow 15fps game that give me that ultra cinematic feel.
Thank you Nintendo, Thank you Koei

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Excluding the obvious hyperbole in the OP, I do agree about the poor performance being very noticeable, I played the demo yesterday and I think I'm gonna wait and see if the Switch Pro rumors are true, maybe that one will be able to run this at a locked 30. Game seems pretty fun from what I played, so I'd definitely like to try it, but not with this performance. Oh and the cutscenes make it even clearer how stupid it is to still have Link not say a word in 2020.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not to be a bitch, but making a thread about a lack of care and attention to detail and mangling the title that badly is a hell of a thing.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Having just beaten PW3, and hot the platinum in 4, I agree with op. The framerate is worse than Base Version Deku Forest in BOTW; which in an action game is inexcusable.
Yup. I've played a few Musou games this gen, and while some (Dynasty Warriors 8) are all over the place, newer ones (PW3 for example) have a way better, smoother FPS. Then trying the new Hyrule Warriors and somehow its even worse than it was with DW8 (which at least would hit 60FPS at points).

The gameplay seems pretty rad though, I liked how the combat felt, just wish the game didn't run like ass.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Published by Koei Tecmo in Japan. I doubt they have much say, really.

e: And the game was developed by Omega Force, full stop.

If you don't have much say in a game that is set in one of your most important IPs, you are doing it wrong. And I don't think that Nintendo, a company that is infamous for being very controlling, would work like that.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I also think this will be a problem that people will the OG Switch will have to live with from now on.

Most developers from 2021 will target Switch 4K and framerate drops in the original model should be expected.

I'm not saying this specific game was developed with Switch 4K in mind, but if you don't plan to upgrade, yo should be prepared to experiencing this situation a lot in the future.

Same like devs target New 3DS versions or PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version with new games?

There is no way that devs will target "Pro" version that will have like 10x less install base at end than current Switch versions.

This is specific situation, not only that this game yet needs to be out, but most "Warriors" games have frame rate problems.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Some of us are sensitive enough to it that it affects whether we can play or not - I see concerns about framerates dismissed more than championed on here.

The way this thread is framed is not judging the game particularly fairly though.
I can usually tell when there are framerate drops. I noticed maybe 5-6 of them happen in my 2 hours with the demo.

Maybe they're just dropping to like 27-28fps the majority of the time and that I can't notice, but it almost never dropped a very noticeable amount in my playthrough. I seriously feel like I got a different version of the game than many others. I even asked about version numbers and regions.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone has a right to complain but these types of threads - the way they're written and phrased.... It just comes across as childish and ignorant. It's tiring and way to common.
Word.

These threads would work much better if OP would just list some straight facts (like the developer and what/or how the games of that style usually run on said plattform) and make its argument without having resort to the over dramatization. When the thread comes off as if a company kidnapped your children just based on the performance for a demo of Dynasty Warrior game.

The notion of being straight up offended on how some of these games with Nintendo affiliation run on Switch - Links Awakening, Pikmin 3 or now AoC - seems weird to me, sure you can disappointed and push/hope for more optimization or future updates, but the exaggeration every time is a bit much.

Same like devs target New 3DS versions or PS4 Pro and Xbox One X version with new games?

There is no way that devs will target "Pro" version that will have like 10x less install base at end than current Switch versions.

This is specific situation, not only that this game yet needs to be out, but most "Warriors" games have frame rate problems.
Plenty of current-gen games run subpar on Base systems - hell games like MHW that were released in 2017 already ran much better on Pro/One X than on base systems. Devs dont give a damn and they have been focusing on the latest and shiniest hardware for a while - see CDPR Dilemma.

Itrs gonna be the same on Switch for ambitious 3rdParty titles. As long as they get it to run on the base systems they will be happy but you will wanna play on the Pro Switch for the best and optimized experience for the 2nd half Switch titles coming on 2021.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Eh, I played the demo and the framerate issues aren't that bad. I had lots of fun with it, but I like all Musou games, so I'm kinda biased.
My only gripe is that it doesn't have online multiplayer, like many DW games have, but I'll still get it day one.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
These type of games... this kind of wonkiness is almost part of the design lol.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
I'm hardly a frame rate snob, but it runs so badly in spots that it's legitimately hard to play. Like an enemy is winding up to attack you, you're waiting, ready to dodge, and then the frame rate tanks. When it stabilizes, you've already taken a bunch of damage.

Heruderu

Oct 29, 2017
Oh and the cutscenes make it even clearer how stupid it is to still have Link not say a word in 2020.
Oh gosh, no... let him be silent. I've been playing games with silent protagonists for two decades and I've never seen the problem in that. I believe it would be more jarring to see Link talk.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can usually tell when there are framerate drops. I noticed maybe 5-6 of them happen in my 2 hours with the demo.

Maybe they're just dropping to like 27-28fps the majority of the time and that I can't notice, but it almost never dropped a very noticeable amount in my playthrough. I seriously feel like I got a different version of the game than many others. I even asked about version numbers and regions.
I've dropped the demo twice now because of how inconsistent the framerate is in the opening Hyrule Field section. From the analysis I saw - I think the framerate hovers around the low twenties when there are a lot of enemies about.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
BOTW didn't run at a stable 30fps and now they're throwing a buncha enemies into the engine at the same time.

The results are about what I expected to be honest.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Bad framerates in a Nintendo published game? Boy, do I have the game for you!
Zangeki_no_REGINLEIV_Japan_box_art.jpg

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BOTW didn't run at a stable 30fps and now they're throwing a buncha enemies into the engine at the same time.

The results are about what I expected to be honest.
They don't use the BOTW engine.
They use assets from BOTW but the engine is the warriors one.

Aug 13, 2019
I don't know what to tell you, It's a Warriors game. Keep expectations low and maybe you won't get burned. Also, I think Nintendo has had a pretty decent year, all things considered.

Oh and the cutscenes make it even clearer how stupid it is to still have Link not say a word in 2020.
Dear God, no. Here's hoping he stays a silent protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.