• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Legit had no idea that they were making a new movie so this was a surprise. It looks a little clean and CW-like, and seems to fit the mould of soft-reboot/psuedo-sequel, but I loved the original so I'm down for this:

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I was in middle school when the original released. Not ashamed to say I'm hype for this almost 25 years later. Looks like cheesy fun!

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh... I'll give it a shot but I'm really not feeling the sparkly fingers magic effects.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Was legit talking to my wife about The Craft the other day (damn if that movie didn't influence my tastes when I was younger). This seems like something fun to get drunk and watch.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Bring back Robin Tunney and Fairuza Balk and we'll be talking.

At least one of those might have a... presence... in this, by the looks of things.

Also you better believe I had a ridiculous crush on the pair of them when that first movie came out *blushes*

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I went back and watched the original not that long ago and was kind of shocked at how uh... problematic it was in ways. But, that being said, it's an #aesthetic masterpiece and I hope this film captures some of that.

If you're just here for the aesthetic, I highly recommend you check out the music video for "Jane Cum" by Japanese Breakfast since uh, it's highly inspired by The Craft and also is a fucking sick song and music video.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
If you're just here for the aesthetic, I highly recommend you check out the music video for "Jane Cum" by Japanese Breakfast since uh, it's highly inspired by The Craft and also is a fucking sick song and music video.

First time ever hearing this and it is fucking spectacular, thanks so much!

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
The special effects giving me 90s Sabrina and the tone seems off. Also Nancy's photo looked like they just google image the original film and pic a random shot. It looks also very modern CW which is not a good look.

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
tonally looks too tame and way YA. i love the original but this trailer isn't selling this idea too well.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
I just discovered this from a YouTube commercial. Interesting.

I really liked the original 90s movie.

When the trailer first started I was worried it was a straight up remake, however when I saw the Polaroid photo of Nancy I realized it was at least trying to be a sequel.

The cgi, and possibly the overall tone just feels a bit off to me. It just feels a bit like Disney Channel / CW vibes. Hopefully it works for whatever it's going for. It's not enough to make me uninterested, but it's just... I notice it.

I'll see how this reviews, but I just might stream it this Halloween.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The original is great! This looks very forgettable, but that's Blumhouse horror for you, totally worthless.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
These high school kids actually look like high school kids. It's weird how rare that is in movies/tv.

The polaroid was a nice inclusion. Wonder what else will connect it to the first movie.

May 24, 2019
I wonder if the sparkle effects are actually in the movie or the trailer dude just whipped them up quickly to sell the magic.

Fairuza Balk better actually make an appearance.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks a bit too clean but I'm here for any witch films this month. The Craft was such an important film to me as a kid. I had even managed to start my own "coven" in elementary for awhile where we'd cast spells and stuff like in the film, but we wanted to be good witches like Sabrina lol

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just saw it. Wasn't a fan. The cast is good and it has some nice ideas but overall it just feels like a dull, cynical attempt to rehash an existing brand.

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
It was trash and the acting was a mixed bag tbh. Also the glitter magic still makes me laugh my ass off. Those 5 minutes were nice to see but other than that meh

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i wonder why they even gave it a subtitle/surname or whatever

teen 'witch' girls woo... why iterate it. though maybe the movie is bigger with 30+ somethings than i give it credit for

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
It was shite.

No character development, barely any story, dodgy effects. The original is like a cinematic masterpiece in comparison.

Last edited:

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Looks a bit too clean but I'm here for any witch films this month. The Craft was such an important film to me as a kid. I had even managed to start my own "coven" in elementary for awhile where we'd cast spells and stuff like in the film, but we wanted to be good witches like Sabrina lol

My kid was doing that at age 10. I asked him why he wanted to be a witch and he said "to learn to be a vampire" and I appreciated it.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just finished this.

good god was it bad.

It's like they turned The Craft into a lame overly-woke CW Drama.

and the shoehorned in "we are the weirdos, mister..." reference was horrible.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The scene where the girl talked about stanning Robert Pattinson made my skin crawl. I know I'm not the target audience for this but fucking hell it was so obnoxious and lame.

It also reminded me way too much of last year's Black Christmas rehash. Nowhere near as bad as that, but straining a bit too hard to be current all the same.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
So do any of the cast of the original factor into this new one or is it all just vague acknowledgment?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I love the first Craft film, but this looks too unsubtle. Given the impressions here, I'll wait for a reduced price for the UHD digital version then buy. It sounds like I'd regret spending $20 to rent or $25 to buy.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
So do any of the cast of the original factor into this new one or is it all just vague acknowledgment?

If you really want to know but it does give away the main surprise of the movie,

yes, in a pointless 5 second cameo the main character of The Craft Legacy is the daughter of Nancy (the crazy one) from the first movie.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was alright. Expected it to be much better but it was just fine. I liked the sparkle magic, it was cute.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It's been a long time since I watched it but The Craft was one of the first DVDs I bought back in the day.

The cringe in this was extra cringey but not at all tasty, I laughed at the "climax". This is the 2020 equivalent to "The Rage: Carrie 2".