• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Also, technically cheating since it's more of a cinematic than a music video, but still has OC music.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
Most recent one ? This gem

If 2014 counts as recent times, I'd also like to mention this one by Eric Wareheim

Oct 25, 2017
Every single one of Ok Go's music videos is great.

Anyhow, as I would interpret "recent times" as five years or less, my picks...

(This one is weird as it's a music video for an entirely different piece of music, but this sped of version of Boney M is incredible and works with the visuals better IMO.)

This one I'm pretty sure they ripped off the idea from a motion graphics guy I know who did a similar concept (and better executed) to a Buck 65 video, but this is still a blast for film fans:

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017

The cinematic feel to Nas and Jay's shit is just too dope.

This video is so fucking hilarious in so many ways.

Just somethin about seeing Nip dip off sittin' on top of the Porsche with Lauren London as his getaway driver.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
All from this year:

Runners up would be:

Charli XCX - Forever
Lady Gaga - Rain On Me (feat. Ariana Grande)
Protomartyr - Processed By the Boys

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Good taste.

I love the video for Dragonball Durag by Thundercat

Co-signed. I die every time I watch it.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-28-at-11.29.27-AM-620x420.jpg

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019

There just aren't enough music videos about gay samurai done entirely through paper cut-out stop-motion, IMO.

A case of music acting entirely in service of visuals, rather than the other way around. The cutest 147-second long love story you will see, promise!

this one just fucks. really, it's actually kind of NSFW. not even joking

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Not recent but I still love this one so much.

Also this a bit more recent:

Last edited:

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be one of my favorite music videos of recent memory just because how memorable it is with the interpretive dancing and the story it tells. Song is a bop too.

Fuuuuck, I came here to post Genghis Khan too!

It's my favorite music video of all time. It's a really fun premise, it's legitimately heartwarming, and I was just in love with the way the narrative progressed as the song goes.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I really like what Louis Cole's been doing. These two in particular are great videos:

Some Vulfpeck for good measure:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
7 years is recent?

9 I guess is pushing it...

Other than Tame Impala I can't think of any recent artists worthy of mention in this thread :/