• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
DC's event - Heroes in Crisis came out yesterday and the issue has caused quite a considerable amount of anger,annoyance from DC fans of a particular character. The reason for this is the identity reveal of the Killer in the event -

Wally West

As Wally reflects on his actions (in what we eventually learn is a video testimonial being sent to Lois Lane), he admits Sanctuary simply failed to help him. The crushing weight of knowing his wife doesn't remember him and his children no longer exist proved to be too much for Wally to bear. And even though Sanctuary is designed to help heroes in his predicament, Wally has still felt utterly alone and hopeless since returning to the real world in DC Universe Rebirth #1. Convinced that Sanctuary was nothing more than an elaborate facade designed solely to imprison him, Wally journeyed into the heart of Sanctuary's security system and experienced every single video confessional and instance of trauma at once.While that was enough to prove to Wally he wasn't alone, experiencing so much pain and hardship at once sent him over the edge. Wally lost control over the Speed Force and his fellow Sanctuary residents were caught in the resulting blast.

The Sanctuary massacre was a accident, not intentional mass-murder. However, Wally took great pains to alter the disaster site and make it appear to be a crime scene. Wally reveals he managed to use super-speed to circumvent Sanctuary's security protocols, altering the programs and manipulating Booster and Harley into believing each other was the killer.Wally also reveals the significance of the term "Puddlers" introduced earlier in the series. As Wally tells Lois, puddlers were workers designed to remove impurities from iron ore. Because of the highly toxic nature of their work, puddlers sacrificed their own health and well-being for the sake of others. Wally, in his current delusional state, sees himself playing a similar role for the superhero community. His plan is to effectively commit suicide five days in the future, hence why his body is also among the dead at Sanctuary. But first, he'll use those five days to perform a deed great enough to atone for the deaths at Sanctuary. What that act is will be revealed in the series finale next month.

So yeah Wally West is the Killer, while it was not intentional on his part - he did frame Harley/Booster for the act when it really was his own. A lot of fans are extremely upset at this considering many pepole feel Tom King is completely derailing Wally's character and turning him into a darker character doesn't work with the story.

Wonder what you think of this?

https://za.ign.com/heroes-in-crisis...es-in-crisis-the-true-killer-finally-revealed

Note: Can a MOD put SPOILER in the title

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
They freaking showed the Psycho Pirate mask, they can still whisk all of this away as fake if they want
If this sticks, it's incredibly stupid

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As soon as I read the premise of this event I just knew it was gonna end up being another DC fuckshow.

Chi-Guy

Alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2019
Do people really get upset over this stuff, knowing that it will all be retconned in a few years? I remember when they made Wolverine into a feral monster. I thought it was dumb and stopped reading his comic for a few years.

Writers have to keep changing stuff up because if they don't they will be telling the same stories year after year. Sometimes it's good other times it's bad.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising. 1 it was said from the get go the dealths wouldn't hold. 2 i can understand how this would happen. I mean, if you came back to a time where everything is different where your wife doesn't know you and your kids gone. I'd imagine it'd be a trigger. Then seeing everyone else suffering, well it would make everything seem hopeless.

Last edited:

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like DC editorial completely misunderstood why the Rebirth relaunch was so popular! I, for one, am shocked.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least it wasn't the rumored method...

Wally speeding through the place with a machine gun.

Still going to end characterized as a misstep, just like Identity Crisis.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I like some of King's work, I think Vision is great, but he's completely disappeared up his own ass here.

At least Identity Crisis had some good character moments, a mostly-coherent (albeit very stupid) plot, and didn't feel so blatantly like two or three issues' worth of story padded out to nine.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
I like some of King's work, I think Vision is great, but he's completely disappeared up his own ass here.

At least Identity Crisis had some good character moments, a mostly-coherent (albeit very stupid) plot, and didn't feel so blatantly like two or three issues' worth of story padded out to nine.

That's pretty much how I feel too.

It'll get retconned out within a year I imagine.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if this was retconned in record time.

It's the implication about therapy and mental health, and what the message of this mini actually seems to be, that is really rubbing me the wrong way.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how they have fucked up Rebirth. At least Justice League Dark is fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
the one respect in which HiC is better than Identity Crisis: there's no rape gratuitously retconned into a female character's past, so thanks to King for that, I guess.

otherwise, absolute dogshit, easily the worst event book I've read from either of the big two publishers since at least Age of Ultron

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Tom King has written a stupid book that he feels is actually profound.

DC Rebirth was a universally heralded book and Wally was the centerpiece of it. It said-look, Wally is back and he's here to bring hope and joy back to this bleak and miserable world. Not even a few years later King has made that same character responsible for a tremendously brutal and depressing event.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Did they not learn anything from identity crisis?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
King needs to stick to limited series. He shouldn't get anywhere near this level of continuity impact

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Dropped this shit at issue 5. Or was it 4?
What a misfire. I guess every generation needs their Identity Crisis.
Shame, Tom King can be so good. But he works better on fringe titles.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So when is Wally getting a suit that cuts him so he can feel something to accesss the speedforce

penance2.jpg

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Wally West is one of my favorite DC characters (the other being Kyle Rayner), so I'm very much less than pleased with this. It could be worse I suppose (turning him into a mass shooter as was speculated would have been ridiculously awful), but it still feels like shitting on the character (and Rebirth).

Also, the mechanism by which it happened makes no sense. It's the negative speed force that causes destruction when unleashed and not the standard kind Wally has, at least according to the current Williamson run.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
Do people really get upset over this stuff, knowing that it will all be retconned in a few years? I remember when they made Wolverine into a feral monster. I thought it was dumb and stopped reading his comic for a few years.

Writers have to keep changing stuff up because if they don't they will be telling the same stories year after year. Sometimes it's good other times it's bad.
they aren't going to retcon this way. this will be stuck to wally for years to come. weird that you used wolverine as an example cause wolverine is a character marvel actually give a shit about whilst for DC and wally, not so much.

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy to think that DC for like the first 50 years of their existence was the ultimate family friendly comic brand and then somewhere around watchmen they took a hard turn into this grimdark bullshit and still haven't gotten over it

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Tom King ruining comics again.

Can someone tell that mothercudker that he can't do emotional stuff well? Or trauma, or love, or anything that isn't related to hidden twists?