• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

EzlLR9-UcAcyfC8

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still kind of funny that the Conjuring spawned one of the more successful cinematic universes after so many failed attempts with bigger more noteworthy IPs.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I've enjoyed every movie in the Conjuring universe to some extent, but it's a shame James Wan isn't directing this. La Llorona is probably my least favorite of the bunch, so I'm not too excited that same director is doing this one.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely seems to lack that confident touch that Wan had in some of his setups. Compared to the iconic clapping trailer of the original, this is much broader and more tropey. I'll still be there day one though

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I've enjoyed every movie in the Conjuring universe to some extent, but it's a shame James Wan isn't directing this. La Llorona is probably my least favorite of the bunch, so I'm not too excited that same director is doing this one.
I just googled La Llorona and apparently there was two of them made in about the same time. The one I saw wasnt that interesting plot wise but I could not take my eyes off the screen because of how beautifully shot and mesmerizing the movie was to look at. Dealt with some heavy themes too.

Im guessing the other one is "The Nun" quality level of trash and not worth my time...

The Conjuring (extended) Cinematic universe has more misses than hits for me and even the second sequel was not as good as the first movie imo. Hoping this fares better.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
I'm so ready! The conjuring 1&2 are modern horror classics IMO, not expecting it to hit the highs that the first 2 did since Wan is not directing but I'm sure I'll still find something to enjoy here.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first two films are fucking fantastic.

So far I've seen Annabelle, Annabelle Creation, and The Nun when it comes to the cinematic universe, and Creation was the only good one.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The first two films are fucking fantastic.

So far I've seen Annabelle, Annabelle Creation, and The Nun when it comes to the cinematic universe, and Creation was the only good one.

Annabelle Comes Home is good because both of the Conjuring actors are in it, it's sort of Conjuring 2.5.
As far as I'm concerned the other two Annabelle movies don't exist.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I just googled La Llorona and apparently there was two of them made in about the same time. The one I saw wasnt that interesting plot wise but I could not take my eyes off the screen because of how beautifully shot and mesmerizing the movie was to look at. Dealt with some heavy themes too.

Im guessing the other one is "The Nun" quality level of trash and not worth my time...

The Conjuring (extended) Cinematic universe has more misses than hits for me and even the second sequel was not as good as the first movie imo. Hoping this fares better.

Yeah it's the Curse of La Llorona.

Honestly it's worse than The Nun. The Nun at least has a unique gothic setting with decent atmosphere and a haunting score. La Llorona is just the boring suburbs with the same trite demonic possession tropes and every character makes stupid decisions.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Love the mainline Conjuring movies, I like the courtroom drama vibe of the trailer as well.

I wish the spinoffs were anywhere near as good.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Annabelle Comes Home is good because both of the Conjuring actors are in it, it's sort of Conjuring 2.5.
As far as I'm concerned the other two Annabelle movies don't exist.
I'll definitely check it out at some point, along with The Curse of La Llorona (as bad as I've heard it is).

You didn't like Creation though, huh? I think that might be the highest rated non-Conjuring film in the cinematic universe.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It's pretty decent? But I dislike prequels a bit, and the fact we got two...eh.
Annabelle Comes Home takes place after Conjuring 1 & 2 at least.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The only ones I've really enjoyed are the ones that James Wan has himself directed. The other ones are incredibly hit or miss (in the Conjuring universe)

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
Skipping this one due to Arne Johnson's involvement. Working with the murderer to make it more authentic is shit practice.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
The director in this one is the one that made The curse of La LLorona which I thought was really bad so I'm not expecting much from this movie.

beelzebozo

Oct 26, 2017
patrick wilson and vera farmiga are a true hollywood power couple straight from my "actors i am obsessed with" list

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Having the director of La Llorona take the reigns on the mainline series was one hell of a boneheaded move.

This isn't going to turn out well.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No James Wan and La Llorona is reportedly arse, so I have very little hope for this one.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it'd be an interesting ride. Still, that La Llorrana movie was a big piece of garbage but I guess it was mostly the writing that left me feeling like I had a dump taken on my brain.

Skipping this one due to Arne Johnson's involvement. Working with the murderer to make it more authentic is shit practice.

They worked/consulted/paid the convicted murderer during production of this movie? Receipts please.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Love the conjuverse but bummer that they're very all over the place in quality and writing.

The nun had some great potential and it had it had some good parts but turned out be be a lot of jump scares and some cartoony character and writing.

I'll sign up if just Wilson and Fermiga having demon ghost adventures and Investigation and helping people.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Are any of the Conjuring/Annabelle movies worth watching if I thought the first film was terrifying but hated how they used 'based on a true story' to make it sound like the Salem Witch Trials were justified because witches were real and evil?

Love the conjuverse but bummer that they're very all over the place in quality and writing.

The nun had some great potential and it had it had some good parts but turned out be be a lot of jump scares and some cartoony character and writing.

I'll sign up if just Wilson and Fermiga having demon ghost adventures and Investigation and helping people.

I watched it because I figured they couldn't screw up a story like that and I'm a sucker for gothic horror but dear lord. It might be the movie with the worst writing I've ever seen.

It's a real shame because everyone involved in the art/set/costume/creature design knocked it out of the park. There's even some great ideas in it that just never work. I'd buy the art book if they made one.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I don't find these movies scary, cuz I know the two protagonists make it out unscathed since it's "based on their true stories". The first two did have a couple cool visuals but that's it.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Eh....looks alright. Nonetheless, I'm there day 1. I love these movies (and horror in general).