• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remember what Stephen Colbert said: It's a gift to exist, and with existence comes suffering

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
I have a verified identity on ResetEra; my name is Jason Wishnov, I'm the head of Iridium Studios. I absolutely promise I will only send you a pizza (or other food of your choice), not cops, not people to try to talk to you, nothing but pizza. The rest of the forum here can absolutely wreck my shit if I try.

Plot twist: he also sends garlic bread. Reseteta wrecks his shit.

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
I have a verified identity on ResetEra; my name is Jason Wishnov, I'm the head of Iridium Studios. I absolutely promise I will only send you a pizza (or other food of your choice), not cops, not people to try to talk to you, nothing but pizza. The rest of the forum here can absolutely wreck my shit if I try.

Anyway, just putting the offer out there. DM me address and you shall receive pizza!

Edit: Oh also toppings you like.

Wow this is so nice thank you. I fell asleep.

I appreciate the offer so much.

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
I am trying to find strength to deal with everything. A friend suggested I am not thinking properly due to depression. She suggests I try different medication though I'm opposed as I don't see any reason why this current medication shouldn't work. All the other medications come with the nasty side effects.

I am trying desperately to study but it's totally unclear what the teacher wants me to know.

I am just going to prepare to fail and I'll have to try again.
It's the most horrible feeling.

I am okay for now.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
I am trying to find strength to deal with everything. A friend suggested I am not thinking properly due to depression. She suggests I try different medication though I'm opposed as I don't see any reason why this current medication shouldn't work. All the other medications come with the nasty side effects.

I am trying desperately to study but it's totally unclear what the teacher wants me to know.

I am okay for now.
There is nothing wrong with failing.

People do it all the time. The most successful people have failed and keep trying.

We learn from our failures. Life isn't about a perfect run.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Isn't this like the second thread on this by the OP? You've had people offer pizza and an actual chemist offer to help you figure it out.

How about you take advantage of the generosity and resources people are offering instead of making threads about how terrible your life is.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
In freshman year of college 4 years ago if I had access to a gun as I was on the brink of failing a core class for my degree, I almost definitely would have killed myself. In fact I did end up failing 3 degree-relevant classes throughout my time at school, and I still made it through with a 3.48 GPA. Also, this year has been incredibly stressful for me to find an internship, the last thing I needed to graduate. Also, if I didn't find one by the end of the year, I would have been kicked out of school and would have to reapply altogether. I was also flirting with the possibility of killing myself on New Years since my parents have a shotgun sitting right at the front door. Thankfully, I ended up getting an internship for this semester and will be graduating in December. But the point is that while you are alive and pushing forward, there's always a chance of coming out the other side no matter what.

OP
OP
Mar 9, 2018
In freshman year of college 4 years ago if I had access to a gun as I was on the brink of failing a core class for my degree, I almost definitely would have killed myself. In fact I did end up failing 3 degree-relevant classes throughout my time at school, and I still made it through with a 3.48 GPA. Also, this year has been incredibly stressful for me to find an internship, the last thing I needed to graduate. Also, if I didn't find one by the end of the year, I would have been kicked out of school and would have to reapply altogether. I was also flirting with the possibility of killing myself on New Years since my parents have a shotgun sitting right at the front door. Thankfully, I ended up getting an internship for this semester and will be graduating in December. But the point is that while you are alive and pushing forward, there's always a chance of coming out the other side no matter what.

Yeah I have to try to keep this in mind.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this like the second thread on this by the OP? You've had people offer pizza and an actual chemist offer to help you figure it out.

How about you take advantage of the generosity and resources people are offering instead of making threads about how terrible your life is.
This isn't helping. No one is under any obligation to accept offered assistance, nor should they feel bad if they choose not to.

It's just some pizza.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

I am okay for now.

I felt the same way last year when I failed a class, but believe me, it's not that bad. I did the class again this year with a really good teacher and learned more than I would otherwise.

And don't be scared of medicine, depression is a disease like any other, and if it happens to have bad side effects you can change it.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped so many freaking college courses, but eventually I graduated.
Drop this course and take it again next semester. Don't let your teacher be the deciding factor of your life, they don't deserve that. Come back stronger next time.

I remember dropping biology at least once. I dropped an economics course 3 times and passed it the 4th. That's a whole semester dedicated to one class.

You got this, just have to keep trying!

The Auxiliary

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I always like to say, probably something I heard from Doctor Who: Where there's life, there's hope. I take it to mean that as long as there is life, there are chances that things will get better. Even if it's only a 1% chance, there is a chance. In death, there are no chances for anything to improve, only the single outcome of irretrievable loss. Every moment you're alive is a chance to move in a better direction, even if things are hard and even if you make mistakes. It's sometimes very difficult to recover from the situations we find ourselves in or traumatic shit that happens to us or that we're born into, but it's possible to do so especially with help from others. Living is no easy feat and to be sentient at it's core is to be privy to suffering, but as long as you are alive, there is still a hope that things can get better.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

Every person I know with depression had to try differing medication and levels of medication before they got things right. It was a hard journey for every one of them.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you sought actual professional help? You make suicidal threads on this forum quite often.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I always like to say, probably something I heard from Doctor Who: Where there's life, there's hope. I take it to mean that as long as there is life, there are chances that things will get better. Even if it's only a 1% chance, there is a chance. In death, there are no chances for anything to improve, only the single outcome of irretrievable loss. Every moment you're alive is a chance to move in a better direction, even if things are hard and even if you make mistakes. It's sometimes very difficult to recover from the situations we find ourselves in or traumatic shit that happens to us or that we're born into, but it's possible to do so especially with help from others. Living is no easy feat and to be sentient at it's core is to be privy to suffering, but as long as you are alive, there is still a hope that things can get better.
Wholeheartedly agree. To end things is to deny yourself all these moments that you think will never exist but can exist and will exist. Good moments, happy moments, beautiful moments. The world is a tough place for many. Nay, for most, but if you carry on you experience the upticks. Even the most impossible things become possible in time. I've had fleeting moments of true despair, you think you're not good enough, but you are, you truly are. There are so many stories. People who were an inch away from closing off their story, but something happened, someone happened, something happened, and they are here recounting their tales years, decades later having lived a whole life that they never thought possible.

And I understand, I truly do. I'm quite a nihilist I suppose but to be super cliche, every cloud has a silver lining. Darkness is just a moment in between the brightness.

Edit: Listen to those with more solid, less flowery advice than my own. Whether it be medication or meditation your mind is a machine that can be fixed, improved upon and thus can change your entire outlook.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The anime movie End of Evangelion is about this, at its core.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am okay for now.

Stay strong OP, failure is part of life, everyone's life in fact, we all go through rough patches.

It can be depressing, hard to accept, but later on you'll look back and see these events as only a small piece of dust in your story.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't know how to stress this enough. I have been repeating this to everyone. I am totally exhausted, mentally and physically.
I can barely get out of bed also due to the crippling fear and depression.
I am just very sick and there is no possibility of a break.
The only break I can take is suicide.
It's unfortunate but it's the facts of Life.

That's not true.

How about other types of really big change? Moving to a completely different place to get out of the grind. There's so much out there to experience.

How old are you? What are things that have brought joy in the past?