• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
I literally just found a YouTube channel that seemed to have excellent Resident Evil and Silent Hill retrospectives.

Then I get to his review of RE4 and he starts going on a tirade of the "fedora-wearing sad excuses for gaming journalists and critics" and...unsubscribed.

Think it's more than fair to get recommendation like this before giving them more clicks.
Wait was that channel Avalanche Reviews?

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, keep up with the mockery, you're just coming off as an ignorant idiot. You do realise that the fact that you don't have to worry about the political leanings or opinions of developers/artists/content creators and the fact that you can just consume and consume without raising a single question, is a position of privilege? To top that off you choose to mock people that aren't offered such privileges.

At no point did I make a mockery of anyone. Somebody having an opinion that you disagree with doesn't mean they're mocking you. I think your inability to understand this (despite being invited to share your own personal view many times), as well as the fact you accuse others of being toxic (despite you having done little but be a dick since entering the thread) shows me there is no point continuing this discussion with you.

I'm as engaged with the politics of the people I choose to follow as anybody here, and have said many times that hate speech of any kind should never be tolerated. The difference being is I encourage people to make up their own minds rather than rely on Restera's opinion as if we are one "authority" on the matter.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
At no point did I make a mockery of anyone. Somebody having an opinion that you disagree with doesn't mean they're mocking you. I think your inability to understand this (despite being invited to share your own personal view many times), as well as the fact you accuse others of being toxic (despite you having done almost nothing but be a dick since entering the thread) shows me there is no point continuing this discussion with you.

l92RBdJ.png

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I literally just found a YouTube channel that seemed to have excellent Resident Evil and Silent Hill retrospectives.

Then I get to his review of RE4 and he starts going on a tirade of the "fedora-wearing sad excuses for gaming journalists and critics" and...unsubscribed.

Think it's more than fair to get recommendation like this before giving them more clicks.
When it comes to RE channels always check their video(s) on RE5 if they have any.

I found an RE retrospective that I thought was pretty good based on the first vid, then jumped to RE5 just to check. I didn't end up watching any more videos from that person.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Jarard is a good dude and is very respectful. He has been friends with some known assholes since high school but that's kinda it. He doesn't promote them on his show or twitter and even has given to a woman's charity when stuff went down with Jared.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's pathetic, isn't it?

Considering the record track of youtubers in general it's perfectly legitimate to be wary. The only pathetic behaviour here is the guy shitting on a fellow member for no other reason than to feel superior.

When you listen to a new band, do you immediately look all of its members up on Wikipedia to make sure they haven't got any criminal convictions or controversies against them? I would hope the answer is no, of course not.

Why do you "hope" or care at all what other people's music-listening algorithms are? How is that any of your damn business?

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Seeing even the small youtubers come out and support blm or condemn racism/hate has been good.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fair to be wary especially when a couple of Normal Boots veterans turned out to be shit heels. But yeah Jirard always comes off very legit and there hasn't been any scandals that I know of that involves him directly.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a joke? Did he go to the wedding or are you trolling. Wait, nevermind, you're banned.

Wait, are you joking? Do you know if he went to this wedding or are you just rolling with random unsourced Era comments?

Well I did some research and found this:

en.wikipedia.org

JonTron - Wikipedia

So there you go, JonTron produced The Completionist, do with that what you will.

FYI, to anyone that doesn't know, most of the people on ResetEra posted on GAF, which was a message board run by EviLore who admitted to committing sexual assault. A lot of people on the internet lump in this userbase with that history and consider us scum, too.

So are you trying to spread the baned users un-sourced claim? Because the second user you quoted is currently in a topic trying to tell people the peace sign is transphobic, Jon Tron being apart of or normal boots is as know as him being apart of game grump as both were well before he let his White Nationalist out and both have cut ties to him. So what is all this talk of him being on good terms with Jon Tron again from one banned user and another that looks like a troll account?

Jun 12, 2018
You're surprised that people don't want to watch content from someone who is ok with a friend being a white supremacist?
Yes, I'm surprised that instead of paying attention to jirard's opinions, statements and outlook over the past decade, ERA will now instead use this one picture to denounce his content and everything about him.

Wait, what am I saying? I'm not surprised at all.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Truly amazing to me that something like this will lead to some ERA posters cancelling him now, but I guess that's the world we now live in.

So you're going to judge me if I unsubscribe from a content creator that openly associates with a white supremacist? Is that what you're getting at?

Why do you sound so triggered, you're coming across as if you're personally offended, do you also associate with white supremacists?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissive trolling, long history of dismissive behavior including a prior severe ban for dismissing concerns of representation and sexism.
Who is ERA? Can you quote this user?
First time on ERA? Look at any post involving a popular content creator who says something even slightly controversial.

Lol hell, look at the poster who posted after you just now, that guy already seems ready to disown the completionist due to this picture.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Like it'd be one thing if the wedding was several years ago, but it was actually in October of last year. So yes, Jirard deciding to go to a white supremacist's wedding is very suspect.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I'm surprised that instead of paying attention to jirard's opinions, statements and outlook over the past decade, ERA will now instead use this one picture to denounce his content and everything about him.
Wait, what am I saying? I'm not surprised at all.
Actions speak louder than words.
Remaining good enough friends with known-white supremacist Jonathan 'JonTron' Jafari to be at their wedding says an awful lot about someone.
It's not difficult to avoid going to a wedding. Being there was a choice.

I don't want to support that type of person. There are plenty of other content creators out there who aren't like that.
You are free to continue supporting them if that's not a problem for you, but it says a lot about you as well, if it's something you can disregard so easily.
It's not difficult to unsubscribe from a creator on YouTube; one of the easiest things in the world. But apparently that's too much for some people.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
People in this thread really out here defending the dude who abused and cheated on his wife and exchanged nudes with his fans just because a couple of the fans he exchanged nudes with lied to him about being over 18. The fuck is wrong with you people?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in this thread really out here defending the dude who abused and cheated on his wife and exchanged nudes with his fans just because a couple of the fans he exchanged nudes with lied to him about being over 18. The fuck is wrong with you people?

That's a different guy, ProJared. Completionist is Jirard Khalil.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Next time OP, and I say this in good manner/light, do a quick Google Search before starting a thread over this :P

Yes, Jirard is a good person, one of the best dudes I have the pleasure to be a fan of and stretched hands with him once! And yes, people can question his ties to people like JonTron (who -to whoever was asking on the thread- never apologized for his racist remarks) and ProJared, but at least for me, is none of my business, that is part of his private life, those are some of his oldest friends, and if he, as the kind being he is, is able to forget and forgive, more power to him, that doesn't affect in the slighest my enjoyment of his content. As long as he keeps that for him and doesn't pollute his content/mindset/world views, there's no issue.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Next time OP, and I say this in good manner/light, do a quick Google Search before starting a thread over this :P

Yes, Jirard is a good person, one of the best dudes I have the pleasure to be a fan of and stretched hands with him once! And yes, people can question his ties to people like JonTron (who -to whoever was asking on the thread- never apologized for his racist remarks) and ProJared, but at least for me, is none of my business, that is part of his private life, those are some of his oldest friends, and if he, as the kind being he is, is able to forget and forgive, more power to him, that doesn't affect in the slighest my enjoyment of his content. As long as he keeps that for him and doesn't pollute his content/mindset/world views, there's no issue.

If you openly associate with a white supremacists that has openly expressed his white supremacist views then that speaks a whole lot to his character. Using the old friends excuse is utter bullshit. But I guess white people are gonna white people.

Gacha Santa Alter

"This guy are sick"
Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Seems like an odd stance to me to assume everyone's a shit until proven otherwise. Just watch/support whoever you like and if they ever do or say something that's outside of your comfort zone or vehemently oppose, quit and signal boost if you find it bad enough. Sitting at youtube links and subscribe buttons wondering if they're secretly a shit will just make you go gray.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): excusing bigotry
If you openly associate with a white supremacists that has openly expressed his white supremacist views then that speaks a whole lot to his character. Using the old friends excuse is utter bullshit. But I guess white people are gonna white people.
So we should cancel the guy just because he doesn't want to cut ties with his white supremacist friend? That seeing that Jirard has NEVER even remotely speaking in favor of that?

I don't think it's a "white people" thing to do to try to keep a friend, is human nature. And human nature is flawed. And yes, this are public figures, yada yada, but I just think every single person is owed his privacy in life. This whole thing of "we are gonna look into every tiny bit of your life until we find some proof that you are/were shit to cancel you, Fuck If I cared you changed not long ago and you are better person now" is why cancel culture is flawed.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
So we should cancel the guy just because he doesn't want to cut ties with his white supremacist friend?

Keeping that nazi piece of shit around as friend absolutely validates him in his views, absolutely! If you truly believe in anti-bigotry, the first place to incite change is amongst your family and friends.

That seeing that Jirard has NEVER even remotely speaking in favor of that?

So what? He still believes that buddying it up with a white supremacist is perfectly okay.

I don't think it's a "white people" thing to do to try to keep a friend, is human nature. And human nature is flawed. And yes, this are public figures, yada yada, but I just think every single person is owed his privacy in life.

I am talking about white supremacy. Keeping a white supremacist friend around and not having the courage or motivation to cut ties with them since it doesn't affect you, is definitely a white people thing.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The idea that it's just perfectly normal to have a white supremacist friend that some people are trying to suggest in these last few posts is just bizarre.

Like, he didn't say some diet racist shit, he talked about people muddying up the gene pool. He like said stuff even someone like Steve King would have balked at publicly saying.

Yes, it should be expected of people to not want anything to do with people that think others are fucking subhuman. Jesus fucking christ.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna quitely remove myself from this discussion because ya'll making me think and want to cancel Jirard just for this and it's making me real sad. Like, every single good thing the dude has done in his life must be completely nuked out of orbit because of having Jontron as a friend. I need to sit and think for a bit.

brick-a20b

Oct 25, 2017
The question you're posing is quite interesting - wondering if there is a site that gathers information like this that allows people to make decisions whether or not they would want to support a content creator. A metacritic for youtube channels.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm just gonna quitely remove myself from this discussion because ya'll making me think and want to cancel Jirard just for this and it's making me real sad. Like, every single good thing the dude has done in his life must be completely nuked out of orbit because of having Jontron as a friend. I need to sit and think for a bit.
You're the only one that mentioned canceling him in the last page or two. People are rightfully concerned that Jirard was at a white supremacist's wedding as recently as a few months ago, that's it.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020

I would ask you to question why you're really so upset about this.

Is it because of the so called dangers of cancel culture... or because you like Jirard's content and don't want to feel guilty watching it?

Edit: Also you seem a little too passionate about being a fan of this guy. Like, maybe take a step back from the parasocial relationship thing for a minute.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I am talking about white supremacy. Keeping a white supremacist friend around and not having the courage or motivation to cut ties with them since it doesn't affect you, is definitely a white people thing.
How gracious he is, a white person forgiving and forgetting a white supremacist.

side note:
he's not white lol

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (permanent): Downplaying abusive relationships that might have included underage women. Prior ban for defending sexualization of minors.
Not really the topic for this but he specifically gave proof that the underaged thing was bullshit and the whole cheating thing is his own business and is murky at best given evidence they were in an open relationship and the abuse part was never a thing. As for the exchanging nudes with his fans, sure that was real but he verified ages and it was between consenting adults. Who gives a fuck what consenting adults do?

If you don't want to watch his content, that's fine but ignoring evidence and calling people out is pretty petty.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
side note:
he's not white lol
Yeah I fucking know that, is this supposed to some sort of gotcha? This has already been mentioned in prior threads in a dumb as shit attempt to shut down the topic just like you're doing now. He is sufficiently light skinned to pass as white, he is very aware of this and he has very clearly internalised a white supremacist belief set. Is whiteness a new concept to you?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So we should cancel the guy just because he doesn't want to cut ties with his white supremacist friend? That seeing that Jirard has NEVER even remotely speaking in favor of that?

I don't think it's a "white people" thing to do to try to keep a friend, is human nature. And human nature is flawed. And yes, this are public figures, yada yada, but I just think every single person is owed his privacy in life. This whole thing of "we are gonna look into every tiny bit of your life until we find some proof that you are/were shit to cancel you, Fuck If I cared you changed not long ago and you are better person now" is why cancel culture is flawed.
Bro, why would you keep a massive bigot around as a friend? Yeah that's the kind of flaw that's a dealbreaker. Especially when there hasn't been change or being a better person from Jontron? He hasn't apologised, hasn't done the work to redeem himself, and hasn't even donated to anti-racist or black charities. Your dismissal of cancel culture is just based on inaccuracies and giving white supremacists the benefit of the doubt without evidence.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London

Lmao, Avalanche Reviews? That guy's a moron.

He also hasn't said shit about the current situation, has a few eyebrow raise-worthy likes though.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Not really the topic for this but he specifically gave proof that the underaged thing was bullshit and the whole cheating thing is his own business and is murky at best given evidence they were in an open relationship and the abuse part was never a thing. As for the exchanging nudes with his fans, sure that was real but he verified ages and it was between consenting adults. Who gives a fuck what consenting adults do?

If you don't want to watch his content, that's fine but ignoring evidence and calling people out is pretty petty.
He should've known damn well that a good portion of his audience is underaged. And tons of people lie about their age to access porn sites. He's a complete fucking shit for brains if he thought nobody underage would send him nudes. There's also a clear power imbalance between him and his fans. If any big celebrity had an account on a social media site literally dedicated to exchanging nudes with their fans, they would immediately (rightfully) get shit for it. His wife has also posted tons of stuff proving he was manipulative and continued to have sex with someone else after she called off their relationship being open. He's a piece of shit. He's not suddenly this poor victim just because two of the people he exchanged nudes with lied about their age.

Status
Not open for further replies.