• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Trump ain't gonna be down. It's a massive failure on his part that this has to happen.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think Trump will have a hissy fit. But if he is well enough he will do it.
If he doesn't Biden will get a solo town hall.

OP
OP
cameron

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

"It was not immediately clear if the Trump campaign would agree to a virtual meeting of the candidates or if Mr. Trump, who tested positive last week for the coronavirus, would participate."
@grynbaum me

7:44 AM · Oct 8, 2020

www.nytimes.com

Campaigns Spar Over Debate Plan After Trump Rejects Virtual Face-Off (Published 2020)

The Trump campaign suggested new dates as Joe Biden made plans for a televised town hall. “American voters are the losers,” a member of the debate commission said.
Aides to Mr. Trump had privately discussed the notion of debates held outdoors, but people familiar with the debate commission's deliberations said the Trump campaign had never formally proposed that idea.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I expect Trump team would use this to try and cheat with someone feeding answers from off-screen, but it'd probably be obvious.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Trump will soon start shouting about how Biden will be reading from a script and being fed answers in real time from behind the camera, projecting what he will in fact will be doing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they just decided without input from Trump says it all. They knew if they did it would just be a pain in the ass for nothing. So they just dropped it

OP
OP
cameron

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

One Trump campaign official tells me it is "ridiculous" for the debate to go virtual and shows the commission is "biased." Person says "Why can't they wait to see if the President will have medical clearance, and he likely will!" (It's not clear when Trump last tested negative.)

7:52 AM · Oct 8, 2020

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I expect Trump team would use this to try and cheat with someone feeding answers from off-screen, but it'd probably be obvious.

Correct. He doesn't read so good...it would be immediately apparent if he was reading something off-screen. Earpiece wouldn't work either; there's no way his dumb ass would be able to process and repeat whatever comes over an earpiece without making it look extremely obvious.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Alleviates concerns about public health issues, and they can mute Trump while Biden's speaking. Kills two birds with one stone.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
752968.jpg

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Lollllll GOP still showing their idiocy. Trump is a fucking covid vector of course it should be virtual.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
imagine trump showing up to a virtual debate after making a big deal about how fine he is and that he's is practically COVID free. I would be genuinely shocked if he shows up for this!

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That's a huge win for Biden. Like the plexiglass at the VP debate, the event being virtual itself is a reminder of the Trump admin's failures on covid. Hopefully they will cut Trump's audio if/when he interrupts.
Eh, it would be a win if this was the third debate. Biden is traditionally thought to be strong at Town Halls interacting with voters, and Trump not good at all, and the virtual format will smooth all that over.

Purely handicapping it, this is a win for Trump.

EDIT: lmfao, Trump can't do anything right and backs out a format that gives him a huge advantage. How the eff did such a dumbass become PotUS?

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

One Trump campaign official tells me it is "ridiculous" for the debate to go virtual and shows the commission is "biased." Person says "Why can't they wait to see if the President will have medical clearance, and he likely will!" (It's not clear when Trump last tested negative.)

7:52 AM · Oct 8, 2020

Lol, like a medical clearance from a Trump doctor is in any way trustworthy. No way.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it would be a win if this was the third debate. Biden is traditionally thought to be strong at Town Halls interacting with voters, and Trump not good at all, and the virtual format will smooth all that over.

Purely handicapping it, this is a win for Trump.

EDIT: lmfao, Trump can't do anything right and backs out a format that gives him a huge advantage. How the eff did such a dumbass become PotUS?
There's a decent chance Trump is still infectious. The fact that Biden doesn't have to be in the same room as him to debate makes this a huge win for Biden. The fact that Trump is now railing against this change is only further proof of this.

Biden campaign says they will participate in a virtual debate.
OP
OP
cameron

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Dan Merica @merica

Biden campaign says they will participate in a virtual debate.

@KBeds: VP "Biden looks forward to speaking directly to the American people and comparing his plan for bringing the country together and building back better with Donald Trump's failed leadership on the coronavirus."

8:10 AM · Oct 8, 2020

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever's left of the Trump campaign can't afford to let Biden have a bunch of unopposed airtime on the major networks, so they're liable to come crawling back to the virtual debate once his latest tantrum is finished.

Oct 28, 2017

As expected, bitch boy backs out of the second debate. Sad. They should still have a chair there for Trump while Biden does the townhall.

Best case scenario. Let biden command the stage and have 90 minutes to address the American people then. I'm sure the trump campaign can afford a no-show 😘

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
It legitimately sounds like the excuse he came up with is that debating online is like totally lame dude.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
"I beat him easily in the first debate according to the polls I've seen."

He might be one of the most delusional people to ever walk the earth.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
He'll end up doing it. As usual, his hardline "negotiation" tactic will fail. They don't have to be given equal airtime if Trump forfeits his.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
"I beat him easily in the first debate according to the polls I've seen."

He might be one of the most delusional people to ever walk the earth.

My grandmother, who had a MASSIVE case of dementia and Alzheimers, sounded less delusional than him. I'm not a doctor, but no one can tell me that this man has a brain that works like it should on a person without a mental illness.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Trump whining about doing virtual debates - guess what we have ALL had to live our lives virtually because of your incompetent dumb ass. Fuck outta here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Let fuckface drop out, and give Biden an hour to lay out his policies.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Good. It's absolutely asinine that they held the debate last night in person. It could easily have been remote.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is gonna be like Mr Mackey muting the parents from that South Park Pandemic special. At least I hope so. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. He's gonna rage so badly lol.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They should still have a feed for trump but it's an empty room and every time they ask trump a question it cuts to that room for 10 seconds.