• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like it.

Also seconding the fact that Dan Slott is garbage and what he did to franklin is horrible.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remind me of this

ac01.jpg

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
So whats the deal behind these custome changes? They do know they cant last and will eventually have to revert back to the OG, right? Or are the people doing these just kind of delusional? I assume not, so its probably a marketing tool to move more copies?

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Ah, one of those 'why even bother modelling this for the game' costumes. Did Slott's run start this trend of too many costume variants for no reason? I know Spidey's had a fair few over the decades, but these modern ones are all just weird cyber variants of the exact same bad design over and over again.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So whats the deal behind these custome changes? They do know they cant last and will eventually have to revert back to the OG, right? Or are the people doing these just kind of delusional? I assume not, so its probably a marketing tool to move more copies?

clean.jpg

It's a common stunt. I don't think anyone seriously thinks it's going to replace his normal suit. Suit changes only really solidify with nobodies adapted into the MCU (like Star Lord).

It's a marketing thing. "Hey, buy our comic and find out why he's dressed like this! Also, argue about it on social media so maybe more people will see it!"

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No personality at all, just a random design so they can put it in the next Spiderman game or whatever

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017

Usually they change the costume for a storyline to give Spidey a specific feature or a design that fits the storyline, but also to change things up from time to time. Nobody really creates the more extragant costume's in hope they would stick and replace the classic one.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm not good at edits like this, wouldn't it look better if they they had do something like this:

TfiezBD.jpg

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why does Spider-Man have googly eyes?
He didn't want Venom to hog the spotlight.
9d6d521463f301d8eb53b5b21a40f45f.gif

*looks around nervously at my McFarlane Azrael Batman figure and my MAFEX Azrael Batman pre-order*

So, um, about that Spider-man outfit, eh?

Seriously, though, Spider-man arguably has THE most amount of well-received costume variants of any hero in history. From Spider-man 2099 to Symbiote Spider-man to PS4 Spider-man, he typically makes it work. Even the Identity Crisis event where he pretend to be four separate heroes gave us designs good enough that an entire team of heroes adopted them afterwards.
spider-man-far-from-home-identity-crisis.jpg

This feels... off. I'm not sure what (probably the eyes).

Marvel's been kind of weak on Spider-man outfits lately. Wasn't a fan of the glowing green spider thingy, and I'm baffled how they ever gave Ben Reiley this thing:
7e51c441654fcb2edd827233542bb6506b5afbe5_hq.jpg

But, as always, we all know this won't last. Blink and you'll miss it.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So they combined his Future Foundation suit with the Fear Itself suit.

How about bring back the GOAT suit instead?

kbm93ezn7zl11.png

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Nothing will ever top the fact that the Spider-Armor had teeny little metal spider on his knuckles.

Last edited:

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Idaknow guys.. here's another look from a future issue where he goes into space with the costume..

ROM_Spaceknight_by_shanewhite.jpg

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I don't know if it's the worst but not a fan either.

My first instinct is that this isn't Peter though.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man has arguably the best look in all of comics.

Why do they constantly give him short-lived and sub-par variants?

trying to emulate the success of the black suit. That and they are running out of ideas.

The original suit is goat, but I would swap the blue for black (as I think it was originally mean to be since early comics use to do blue/dark blue for black).

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
trying to emulate the success of the black suit. That and they are running out of ideas.

The original suit is goat, but I would swap the blue for black (as I think it was originally mean to be since early comics use to do blue/dark blue for black).
If they want to replicate that success then at least make him look cool haha

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI