• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Was this thread interesting and/or helpful to you?

• Yes, this thread was interesting and/or helpful. Thank you!

Votes: 425 92.2%
  • No, this thread was neither interesting nor helpful. Shut up!

Votes: 36 7.8%

• Total voters

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
They get views for cards they didnt buy?

I guess but I just noticed these packs are outrageously expensive. They are charging $40 for 3 booster packs? Maybe they are special. I don't play just got interested with some of my older cards worth and was looking into some of this. Just seems like.....the streamers get to keep your cards and money haha.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I guess but I just noticed these packs are outrageously expensive. They are charging $40 for 3 booster packs? Maybe they are special. I don't play just got interested with some of my older cards worth and was looking into some of this. Just seems like.....the streamers get to keep your cards and money haha.

What expansions are they from? Older boosters are pretty pricey now. Anything XY-current would NOT be worth it.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
So looking at my old collection I don't have many cards but I so have a Shining Charizard in great condition... do I get it graded now?

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Found a couple foils in a binder at my parents. I still have a box to go through at some point too. I know the Japanese ones are probably not worth anything. Sadly most of them are in pretty rough condition, especially the Charizard which has several scratches on it. I definitely played with them as a kid!

I also have a bunch of cards that sound like the Shadowless ones (see the two Dratini for comparison). I thought they were fakes because they definitely feel cheaper and thinner. The colors are a little brighter and there's no drop shadow. I don't have any rares or holos like that, are these cards worth anything? Or maybe they are just fakes lol

m.imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thanks! Great thread!
Good morning! Sorry to keep you waiting.

The Dratinin on the right in the pic is definitely fake, like Llyr said. I love seeing fake cards. This one is at least a less obvious fake than something like Danimal's way over the top "Megani" card. Fake cards appeared in a variety of forms and and yours is trying to pass for a Shadowless Dratini. But the font is wrong, the color is wrong, and even the size of the card seems off. I don't know what they'd be worth, but if you clearly identify them as fake and promote them as rare fake cards a niche collector might want to buy them. There are people who collect fake cards, believe it or not.

Your most valuable card is your Shadowless Charizard, which is unfortunately in poor condition. To quote what I shared with another member:
Charizard Base Set Shadowless will have a really wide swing based on momentary availability and condition. There's also listings that I suspect are fake sales for people trying to manipulate the market. Sifting through the trash, I think this is realistically a $1000 card +/- a couple hundred. (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 Link 4 Link 5) I think maybe the floor is $700 and the peak is $1,300 if we are staying within the trends. This is a valuable card and will be easy to sell. Depending on your condition this is also a highly gradeable card that would multiply in value many times over. This is true for all Shadowless holos but obviously Charizard is the emperor.

In your condition, though... it's hard to say. Someone will buy it - Charizard always sells. People even collect Charizards in bad condition because they collect the full "grade scale", like the one showcased in this video. I think you'd still get a couple hundred bucks for it, which is pretty impressive considering the condition. No other card would retain that kind of value!

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
So uh, that was fast! Thanks for all the help on appraisal here Llyrwenne and Finale Fireworker .

Feel free to count me in your success stories!!

j4LUvEW.png
That's awesome, congrats on the easy sale! I added you to the OP. :) Careful shipping that because of the value - don't let that go without insurance and tracking!

I've been following and lurking in this thread since it's first page. It's an incredible thread and has helped rekindle my love of the cards.

My entire collection is at my parents' house (circa 100km/60miles away) and I had hoped to bring it back after visiting this upcoming Christmas. However, I live in London and recent rule changes announced yesterday mean this is no longer possible. I stored Pokemon in pokedex order across two lever arch files, and trainer/energy cards in metal tins. I'll still retrieve my collection once I am able to do so and will then upload pictures afterwards.

I started building my collection in late 1999 - given that I was 7 at the time my memory is a bit hazy, but I specifically remember a relative returning from the US shortly afterwards with Fossil cards (before they were available here in the UK), and a bit of online research suggests this was about the time the TCG hit the UK. I continued collecting until circa late 2007 (Mysterious Treasures is the last set for which I can remember purchasing booster packs).

From memory and based off online lists/card scans, my collection is broadly as follows:

- Original Base Set: Complete set - all unlimited (unsure how many, if any, are shadowless) and English.
- Jungle, Fossil, and Team Rocket: Entire set, other than some of the rare/holo duplicates - all English other than a few Japanese Rocket cards.
- Base Set 2: A minority of the set (I never prioritised this given they were reprints) - all English.
- Gym Heroes and Challenge: A majority of the sets - predominately Japanese.
- Neo Genesis, Discovery, and Revelation: A majority of the sets - mixed Japanese and English
- Neo Destiny: A minority of the set - all English and bought at the Pokemon Center during a family holiday to New York.
- Legendary Collection: Only a handful of cards - all English.
- Expedition, Skyridge, and Aquapolis: A small minority of each set (maybe higher for Aquapolis) - all English.
- Ruby/Sapphire and Sandstorm: A majority of each set - all English.
- Dragon and Team Magma/Aqua: A minority of each set - all English.
- Hidden Legends - A majority of the set - all English.
- Deoxys, Emerald, and Unseen Forces - A minority of each set - all English.
- Delta Species, Legend Maker, Holon Phantoms, and Crystal Guardians- Only a fraction of each set - all English (I remember losing interest in the TCG around this time).
- Dragon Frontiers - Approximately half the set - All English.
- Power Keepers and Diamond/Pearl - A majority of the sets - All English
- Mysterious Treasures - Approximately half the set - Mixed English and Japanese (from a friend visiting Tokyo).

Hi!! Thanks for posting and for your kind words. :) I love hearing stuff like this. It seems like lots of people have a latent love for the cards and didn't really have a place to engage with them so it is very humbling this topic has become that for people like you.

I hope when you can get your collection you'll post some pictures here. This would actually be a giant collection spanning many more sets than kids usually collected at the time. You usually see cards held over from 4 or so sets because eventually kids lost interest, but you seem to have collected for far long than most. This would be a real joy to go through.

So I am watching these streamers open packs on their twitch that OTHER people are buying but they get to keep basically all non-rares/shinies. How exactly is this a good deal? Why would you do this? Why not go to the store and just buy the packs? Is there some hidden benefit?
I don't fully understand it either... It's clearly a staple of streaming culture that has benefits I do not understand. It definitely gets them views, like Napsta said, and it creates engagement with their fanbase. I think that people getting to participate in the stream is just a worthwhile benefit to both streamers and viewers that is hard for us to understand since we're not into it ourselves.

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Gorgeous, love this card and need it myself. The Charizard of Neo Genesis! Napsta has one of these so I'll quote what I broke down for him since I'm on mobile at the moment.

• 1st Edition Lugia Neo Genesis 9/111 is the "Charizard" of Neo Genesis and is going to earn a huge markup if the condition is good because people want to grade this one. $550-$750 is pretty predictable (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3) but $1,000+ is not out of the question at all. (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3). The price is so volatile on this card because it's something people are willing to overpay for. Naturally it has very high grade potential.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Good morning! Sorry to keep you waiting.

The Dratinin on the right in the pic is definitely fake, like Llyr said. I love seeing fake cards. This one is at least a less obvious fake than something like Danimal's way over the top "Megani" card. Fake cards appeared in a variety of forms and and yours is trying to pass for a Shadowless Dratini. But the font is wrong, the color is wrong, and even the size of the card seems off. I don't know what they'd be worth, but if you clearly identify them as fake and promote them as rare fake cards a niche collector might want to buy them. There are people who collect fake cards, believe it or not.

Your most valuable card is your Shadowless Charizard, which is unfortunately in poor condition. To quote what I shared with another member:

In your condition, though... it's hard to say. Someone will buy it - Charizard always sells. People even collect Charizards in bad condition because they collect the full "grade scale", like the one showcased in this video. I think you'd still get a couple hundred bucks for it, which is pretty impressive considering the condition. No other card would retain that kind of value!

Thanks for the response! I'm not surprised about the Charizard, it was definitely used and loved as a kid and I don't regret not preserving it better. I would still be psyched to get a couple hundred bucks from it. How would you suggest I go about selling it? What should I start bids at and what language should be used to accurately represent the condition of the card? I definitely don't want to misrepresent the condition, and I think the picture doesn't really show well that there are visible scratches.

That's funny about the fake cards. I have no clue where I would have even gotten those. Maybe I will take some time to gather them all up, since right now everything is mixed together. If anything it sounds like you would get some amusement out of seeing them :P

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Thanks for the response! I'm not surprised about the Charizard, it was definitely used and loved as a kid and I don't regret not preserving it better. I would still be psyched to get a couple hundred bucks from it. How would you suggest I go about selling it? What should I start bids at and what language should be used to accurately represent the condition of the card? I definitely don't want to misrepresent the condition, and I think the picture doesn't really show well that there are visible scratches.

That's funny about the fake cards. I have no clue where I would have even gotten those. Maybe I will take some time to gather them all up, since right now everything is mixed together. If anything it sounds like you would get some amusement out of seeing them :P
I'd love to see your other fake cards, I get a real kick out of seeing them.

As for selling the Charizard, I'd use the phrase "heavily played." That's part of the standard conditions scale for cards like yours (light play, moderate play, heavy play) so people will know what that means. You'll want to include multiple pics from multiple angles of the front and back (the back is important). Rather than do an auction, I'd instead list it for something like $300 with a Best Offer option. This way you can post it at a fixed price, even if you probably won't get it, and can let people come to you with offers. You may need to be patient and let it sit for a little while because a damaged card is not as desirable as a clean one, as you can imagine. Then see what people offer you!

Thanks guys! So PSA is the way to go? Im nervous about shipping it in the mail haha
Boat Times had this exact card graded quite quickly and easily (I actually threadmarked his summary, check those) so it sounds like it shouldn't be too hard if it's just one high value card like yours. You will absolutely want to ship it priority (standard 2 day is fine) and insure the package, just as if you were shipping to a buyer. There's a section about this in the OP too about "risks as a seller" that apply here.

You may want to wait until after the holiday though. Mail is backed up a lot right now. I've had mail I've been waiting on all month. :\

Can someone explain card savers? Which ones should I buy? Why are they so highly regarded.
They're just a really soft, safe holder. They're not as rigid or difficult to get things in or out of as toploaders, they create a soft surface like penny sleeves, and they're designed to be handled. While most holders are intended for storage, card savers are really easy to handle and pass around due to their shape. Cards move in and out of them easily too, but only when you want them too.

s-l1600wukyy.jpg

They are usually really cheap but because demand is so high there is less supply than usual. Amazon has 50 for $17. Crazy to think they're basically $3 each right now... It's one of those things that relative to the cards you're probably putting into them they're a small price to pay, but it's like paying $8 for a bottle of water. You can't help but feel you're getting ripped off.

Jun 22, 2019
Gorgeous, love this card and need it myself. The Charizard of Neo Genesis! Napsta has one of these so I'll quote what I broke down for him since I'm on mobile at the moment.

• 1st Edition Lugia Neo Genesis 9/111 is the "Charizard" of Neo Genesis and is going to earn a huge markup if the condition is good because people want to grade this one. $550-$750 is pretty predictable (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3) but $1,000+ is not out of the question at all. (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3). The price is so volatile on this card because it's something people are willing to overpay for. Naturally it has very high grade potential.

What's the non-first edition price for this one out of curiosity?

Oct 27, 2017
My PSA 8 Charizard arrived today and I am very upset and need advice. The card seems fine from what I can tell, but the case is cracked.

132326054_1015431182278732_1659555191020564060_n.jpg

Let's just say I am extremely upset and am trying my best not to freak out.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
My PSA 8 Charizard arrived today and I am very upset and need advice. The card seems fine from what I can tell, but the case is cracked.

132398983_1015430782278772_7703504059562348962_n.jpg

I think you can send it back to get a new case. Not sure what the waiting time is on that. I'd contact PSA and see what can be done.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
What if it is damaged though? They charged me one thousand dollars and I can't really afford that if the card is now damaged...

It's not, the crack in the case shouldn't damage the card and they aren't going to be re-grading it anyhow, they are just gonna put it in a new case that isn't cracked. So you're a-ok. Just contact PSA about getting it re-cased.

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States

132326054_1015431182278732_1659555191020564060_n.jpg

Boat Times and Taidama already did you good here, but I'll echo what what they said.

PSA offers a reholder service for exactly this scenario. There is no regrade or review, they just safely unseal and reseal the card. I have done this before myself when my description placard had debris in it that was driving me crazy. I seem to recall it being cheap. I think it's only $10.

However contact PSA and let them know the circumstances. I'm sorry you had this happen with such an important card. They should accommodate you just fine. I'm really sorry this happened to you, this is exceptionally rare. It's pretty hard to break a slab, I have to use wire cutters and a flathead screwdriver when I break mine out. I can't imagine what the hell happened in transit to result in this.

Perhaps it's better to think of it like this: thank God your card was in this slab when whatever happened happened. It is safe because of it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hey man, you are the man for doing this! Hope something is a cool find

imgur.com

Pokemon Cards

Good morning! Sorry to have kept you waiting, it's been a busy week with the holiday coming up.

For the most part, this collection is a mixed lot of low-medium value cards. Lots of commons and uncommons, some errant 1st editions of non-holo cards, etc. But you do have a couple lucky standouts worth selling individually!

• Steelix Neo Genesis 15/111 is 1st Edition and sells for around $40 (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3) which is really low for a 1st Edition Neo Genesis card. I am confident someone will pay more than that (they often do: Link 1 Link 2 Link 3), even if it may take longer. I'd list this for $100 as long as your condition is good. For whatever reason this card is undervalued right now but people know the Neo cards are worth money and will pay it.

• Slowking Neo Genesis 14/111 is also 1st Edition and sells for around $100 very often. (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3) This is why I say list the Steelix for $100 as well. There's no reason to lowball yourself when these cards handily sell for more.

• Kingdra Neo Genesis 8/111 is 1st Edition and most frequently sells for $70-$100 (Link 1 Link 2 Link 3)

The rest of the lot is worth money in volume. I would separate all your 1st Editions and group them in one lot and all your unlimited cards and group them in another. Count your cheap 1st Editions as $7 a card and all your non-holo unlimiteds as $4 a card. You can count all your holos that I didn't call out specifically as $10. Count them up, multiple by the average prices, then list them as a mixed lot on eBay at that price with a Best Offer feature. Larger stores with the time and money to sell them all individually will snatch them up and sell them on their own to make a profit. You have to be a little flexible with these mixed lots but they're pretty easy to sell. :)

Let me know if you have any questions!!

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hey Boat Times - question for you. How did you get your Lugia back from PSA so fast? I am doing a submission now and they're warning me it will take 15 weeks (!) turnaround. Did you pay for a faster service?

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Boat Times - question for you. How did you get your Lugia back from PSA so fast? I am doing a submission now and they're warning me it will take 15 weeks (!) turnaround. Did you pay for a faster service?

Well, first I did do the submission before that 15 weeks notice came up. I know this because I did another submission for a friend more recently and that 15 weeks notice was there. But also yes, because of the value of the Lugia I sent it in the I think it was Walk-Through tier? I forget which one it was, but it was like 2 business day turn around, and I sent it like the day before Thanksgiving so I think that also added a little bit more time, but it got back to me in exactly 8 days I believe. The cards I sent in the Value tier haven't even entered the grading process yet, the cards I sent in the "regular" tier have entered the grading process but have been there for pretty much a month now. I'm hoping I get the "regular" tier cards back sometime in mid to late January. I'm not expecting the value tier cards to come back for like 5-6 months at this point. They seem to be heavily backed up. It's stopped me from sending more cards in to be graded, and has me looking at possibly going to CGC, who have a month turn around time for their value tier.

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Well, first I did do the submission before that 15 weeks notice came up. I know this because I did another submission for a friend more recently and that 15 weeks notice was there. But also yes, because of the value of the Lugia I sent it in the I think it was Walk-Through tier? I forget which one it was, but it was like 2 business day turn around, and I sent it like the day before Thanksgiving so I think that also added a little bit more time, but it got back to me in exactly 8 days I believe. The cards I sent in the Value tier haven't even entered the grading process yet, the cards I sent in the "regular" tier have entered the grading process but have been there for pretty much a month now. I'm hoping I get the "regular" tier cards back sometime in mid to late January. I'm not expecting the value tier cards to come back for like 5-6 months at this point. They seem to be heavily backed up. It's stopped me from sending more cards in to be graded, and has me looking at possibly going to CGC, who have a month turn around time for their value tier.
Makes sense, thanks for the input. Speaking of CGC they did an interview with comicbook.com I'm about to post. Seems like they're trying to grow their profile.

“Pulling Back the Curtain on Pokémon Card Grading” — an interview with CGC from comicbook.com
OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States

Pulling Back the Curtain on Pokemon Card Grading
Christian Hoffer

12/22/2020 11:04 pm EST

Graded Pokemon cards keep making the news, as vintage cards keep selling for more and more. Recently, the Pokemon Trading Card Game has made headlines, as celebrities and collectors keep shelling out big bucks to add graded Pokemon cards to their collection. This, of course, has led thousands of fans to pull out their Pokemon card collections to see if they have a card that could be sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

To the average Pokemon fan, grading cards is a bit of a mystery, so ComicBook.com decided to reach out to Certified Guaranty Company (CGC), one of the top collectibles grading services, to find out about the process of grading cards and why Pokemon cards have gotten so popular. CGC put us in touch with Charlie Hurlocker, CGC's Senior Pokemon TCG Consultant Specialist. Hurlocker is the point person for Pokemon cards at the company, providing them with critical information about rare cards, managing their database, and ensuring that cards are labelled correctly and takes into account the peculiarities of different set releases. Hurlocker provided tons of valuable information about the Pokemon grading process along with his thoughts about why Pokemon cards have become all the rate this year.

The rest of the interview is at the link. CGC has popped up pretty aggressively in the last few months as more and more people are looking for alternatives to PSA, who are backed up for months right now. Since they've come up a few times in the thread and it seems like they're wanting to grow their profile I thought I'd post it.

Xalechim

Oct 28, 2017

The rest of the interview is at the link. CGC has popped up pretty aggressively in the last few months as more and more people are looking for alternatives to PSA, who are backed up for months right now. Since they've come up a few times in the thread and it seems like they're wanting to grow their profile I thought I'd post it.

Great article. I'm big on CGC for comic collecting and I do love their case design. I've been buying and grading CGC comics for over 10 years now so I hope they can establish a strong spot in the TCG market as well. They have a lot of catching up to do, but hopefully they grade consistently and their subgrades should just be on every 8+ card they grade.

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Great article. I'm big on CGC for comic collecting and I do love their case design. I've been buying and grading CGC comics for over 10 years now so I hope they can establish a strong spot in the TCG market as well. They have a lot of catching up to do, but hopefully they grade consistently and their subgrades should just be on every 8+ card they grade.
They seem to be quite well respected in comics. I was skeptical when I started seeing their graded cards pop up because I hadn't seen them before, but you're not the first person I've seen speak to their reputation in comics.

Consistency will make or break their reputation with trading cards. I hope they can pull off some legitimate competition.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting that! Yeah, the factors holding me back from sending the cards in to CGC is that for their value tier you must send in a minimum of 50 cards, the cards in general don't seem to be valued monetarily wise as much as PSA and BGS, and the thing I like the most about them (the sub grades they provide) actually cost extra, and that adds up. I counted up my cards and I do have 50 (a little over, actually) that I'd like to send it to be graded, but that's a lot of money to put up front. I already sent my biggest hitters into PSA, so everything I'd be sending in now isn't gonna be anything too crazy. Mostly Japanese cards that I think could potentially get 9's or maaaaybe, maaaaaybe a 10 cus they are just in really good condition. As well as some nice 1st edition commons/uncommons that seem to be in really good condition, as well and a few promos/holos that I thought would be good to be graded. Maybe with the stimulus check I'll send them in.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
One thing I have is a bunch of sealed Fossil booster packs. Not first edition. I've got about 20? Are these worth grading before sale, or what?

I remember buying these in clearance(!) for 25 pence each from a store here in the UK at the time that the Pokemon card craze was beginning to wind down. I bought everything they had, and I've been sitting on them ever since. I've got all of Base, Jungle, and Fossil twice, as well, plus loads of dupes.... I should dig through and see what I have, hmm.

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
One thing I have is a bunch of sealed Fossil booster packs. Not first edition. I've got about 20? Are these worth grading before sale, or what?

I remember buying these in clearance(!) for 25 pence each from a store here in the UK at the time that the Pokemon card craze was beginning to wind down. I bought everything they had, and I've been sitting on them ever since. I've got all of Base, Jungle, and Fossil twice, as well, plus loads of dupes.... I should dig through and see what I have, hmm.
I'm just ballparking this for you, but I'd say each individual pack is worth $100-$200. There are various factors that can influence their value, namely weight. People weigh boosters to determine if there is a holographic card in them. This is a process you might consider to "minmax" your sale prices.

You should definitely dig those out! I'll help you however I can make sense of what you've got. :)

Oct 28, 2017
My gf and I moved into our first house and while I was unpacking one of my boxes I found a portion of my pokemon cards. I think these would be the 'best' cards from the lot I found, I was curious as to what you guys think I should do with them?

Thanks!!

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Not an old card, the opposite in fact but I bought a poke ball tin on the way home and it had an evolutions pack inside and I pulled this
EsTpVDT.jpg

A day later I bought a champions path elite trainer box and pulled this on my third pack.
sz9wsyr.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
A day later I bought a champions path elite trainer box and pulled this on my third pack.
sz9wsyr.jpg

I hate everyone that has this sort of luck :( I am highly jealous of the "pulled this in 1-3 packs" peoples...

I got through opening a good number of all of the Champion's Paths I had, and only got 1 secret rare which was the food tin :(

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I hate everyone that has this sort of luck :( I am highly jealous of the "pulled this in 1-3 packs" peoples...

I got through opening a good number of all of the Champion's Paths I had, and only got 1 secret rare which was the food tin :(
I'm sorry, my luck usually isn't good which is why I was shocked when I pulled it lol. The packs actually looked a little weird and I was wondering if they were resealed or something and then I pulled that lol, not gonna lie I kinda wish I had pulled the shiny charizard but I'll take it lol! Champions path is a pretty bad set outside the charizards and apparently the pull rate is insanely bad but when I go and pull something like this I often become emboldened and think to myself "how hard is it really" lol.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry, my luck usually isn't good which is why I was shocked when I pulled it lol. The packs actually looked a little weird and I was wondering if they were resealed or something and then I pulled that lol, not gonna lie I kinda wish I had pulled the shiny charizard but I'll take it lol! Champions path is a pretty bad set outside the charizards and apparently the pull rate is insanely bad but when I go and pull something like this I often become emboldened and think to myself "how hard is it really" lol.

I went through another set of so many packs last week, and almost everything was just those regular holo rares, and so many duplicates of those :/ Barely any full art rares and when I did, duplicates of those too :/

If you are still looking for a shiny Zard, you're in luck! The new set in Feb, Shining Fates, will have a shiny VMAX variant of the one you got, so maybe you'll get that in like 2 packs :p

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
I just sold a 1999 1st Edition Shadowless Red Cheek Pikachu for $300 USD. I expect to make another $500-$700 from the other cards. That would be six cards that score me between $800-1000. I might have bought 1 box or two back in 1999 and that was it. A card investment pays off for the second time (Kobe Bryant Rookie Cards).

OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
My gf and I moved into our first house and while I was unpacking one of my boxes I found a portion of my pokemon cards. I think these would be the 'best' cards from the lot I found, I was curious as to what you guys think I should do with them?

Thanks!!

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

imgur.com

These are awesome, you have a ton of money here in just a handful of cards. This is the kind of easy money you love to see. I will appraise for you early tomorrow morning when I'm back on my work computer!

I just sold a 1999 1st Edition Shadowless Red Cheek Pikachu for $300 USD. I expect to make another $500-$700 from the other cards. That would be six cards that score me between $800-1000. I might have bought 1 box or two back in 1999 and that was it. A card investment pays off for the second time (Kobe Bryant Rookie Cards).

That's excellent. Would you mind if I put you in the success stories in the OP?

javac

Oct 28, 2017
I went through another set of so many packs last week, and almost everything was just those regular holo rares, and so many duplicates of those :/ Barely any full art rares and when I did, duplicates of those too :/

If you are still looking for a shiny Zard, you're in luck! The new set in Feb, Shining Fates, will have a shiny VMAX variant of the one you got, so maybe you'll get that in like 2 packs :p
One step ahead, I've got some shining fates preordered and I've got a box of the Japanese variant on the way lol, I missed out on hidden fates and didn't want a repeat of that fiasco...

Not that I didn't already but you're definitely making me appreciate my pull more, sometimes you forget how rare something is, might get it graded in the future along with some other stuff I've wanted to get graded.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
One step ahead, I've got some shining fates preordered and I've got a box of the Japanese variant on the way lol, I missed out on hidden fates and didn't want a repeat of that fiasco...

Not that I didn't already but you're definitely making me appreciate my pull more, sometimes you forget how rare something is, might get it graded in the future along with some other stuff I've wanted to get graded.

Ah getting ready for it then :p I got some pre-orders when it went up on Gamestop last week. And yes, appreciate those pulls :p I'm pretty good when it comes to getting other limited pre-orders online, but cards? Wow, maybe once in a blue moon will I actually get some good stuff. Didn't get any of the super rare stuff from Hidden Fates, either :/

Oh also if you haven't already seen, lemme plug my Pokemon merch OT. Lots more talk on newer cards/pre-orders (along with figures, plush, etc). I try and post new stuff/pre-orders on there when I can.