• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I started watching this tonight after reading this thread and it's the perfect trashy reality tv for me lol

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Why didn't Miranda get a leaving video like the others? Or did I miss it?

Last edited by a moderator:

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Hate Alex/Adam.

Really bummed Miranda got blocked over Adam, where even his fake personality is shit. Everyone sees him as cringey and terrible. Sammie literally can't even talk with him without getting creeped out every other message.

At the same time I understand Miranda going as she seemed to be pretty quiet overall and not end up in a lot of the group messages. She seemed to focus in on Sammie after that original misunderstanding and work on nothing else really.

After Alex and then the other girl back to back I'm really tired of the uber hot catfish from a dorky or fat person. Especially when the fake chick looks horrible and fake in their pictures.

I am still shocked at my total 180 on Joey and I just love him.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm at episode 7 now and even though this is probably the worst show I've ever seen I love it, lol. But there's one thing I don't understand. How is there going to be a winner when they keep adding new people? And how is it fair to the people that have been in the game for way longer when there are constantly new people coming in, who have to play less for the same prize, and are immune to being blocked at first?

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyway to watch the UK version without a vpn? My wife and I are hooked and now we need the UK version asap.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at episode 7 now and even though this is probably the worst show I've ever seen I love it, lol. But there's one thing I don't understand. How is there going to be a winner when they keep adding new people? And how is it fair to the people that have been in the game for way longer when there are constantly new people coming in, who have to play less for the same prize, and are immune to being blocked at first?
I'm guessing it's gonna be a final influencer type vote; except everyone's included, so the newer you are, the less likely the rest of the group votes for you to win

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
K I've been binging the show and good lord I love it. Really love Joey,Shooby and Sammi. Hope they stay around till the end.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Episode 7
Fuck me in the ... Adam, you got this!

best edit on this show so far. had me howling.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is entertaining. It's funny seeing how confident they are thinking theyre playing others participants while it's the opposite. The editing helps with this, too. Haha.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Was bummed by the cliffhanger at the end of ep 8. I just kind of shrugged, and didn't really care. lol

She's barely been there at all, she's barely had any conversations beyond period talk, she never really came across as portraying some "character" this is a nothing reveal 100%.

It this was Seaburn, or even Karyn at the time it'd be much different.

Also I was bothered that she was randomly allowed to include an image in the chat. It seemed like you could only do pictures on your profile and everyone got them at the same time? Being able to confirm your truth in a game that's all about not being able to tell the truth is dumb.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Was bummed by the cliffhanger at the end of ep 8. I just kind of shrugged, and didn't really care. lol

She's barely been there at all, she's barely had any conversations beyond period talk, she never really came across as portraying some "character" this is a nothing reveal 100%.

It this was Seaburn, or even Karyn at the time it'd be much different.

Also I was bothered that she was randomly allowed to include an image in the chat. It seemed like you could only do pictures on your profile and everyone got them at the same time? Being able to confirm your truth in a game that's all about not being able to tell the truth is dumb.

I agree so much with all of this. I just dont care enough about the new players for them to pull that.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love this show.

Shubham's so fucking innocent and naive that it powers through the catfishes and makes people like him anyway.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoying it so far. It's very fun trash.

However, what little I've watched of the UK version is already so much better.

The casting and producing for the US one does feel like it's geared toward the more "loud" style of American reality TV that people know means they have to act over the top in ways people never actually behave.

Why are they always shocked by the same alerts every single time? Because they feel like they have to be to make it into the edit. "Oh my god, they're going to see someone face to face? Like they do every time? I am SURPRISED and will SAY SO OUT LOUD with an exaggerated EXPRESSION."

I don't blame the contestants; it's bad producing because they think the audience actually wants that dumb shit. It makes no sense though because that stuff happens on network reality only because you don't know if someone might be tuning in for the first time. Nobody is going to be channel surfing and land on this show randomly. They're going to start with the first episode, so you don't have to explain the rules every single time. Feels like padding for lack of good content.

Yeah this is entertaining. It's funny seeing how confident they are thinking theyre playing others participants while it's the opposite. The editing helps with this, too. Haha.

The editing is the main thing I feel like both versions excel at. (Outside of the intro packages, which are way too try hard. But I definitely think that's a producer call.)

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Shubham's interactions with "Rebecca" are pretty sad. Love how he was the only person to actually do the 50 push-ups. Y'all know he used to work for HTC on Vive stuff? Pretty awesome.

Shubham, Sammie, and Joey are amazing. Chris seems pretty genuine too.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Shooby is such a unapologetic dork I can't be mad at him for being himself lol.

I like Joey because he by far is the most animated along with Chris. And Chris is charismatic af. Love him too.

Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much like all the people who are actually themselves and dislike the ones who are catfishes.

Chris is just so fabulous and lovable.
Joey is like one of those people you think is heavily into clubbing and partying, but isn't a douche and is actually pretty sweet.
Shubham is just his lovable dorky self.
Sammie takes no shit and is just honest about how she feels (which is not much for any of the guys lol).
Bill is just a chill dude
Alex "Adam" sounds like he's trying to play the game too hard and his actual personality is kind of a bigger douche than the one he's pretending to be
Antonio was a scrub
Seaburn "Rebecca" is unsufferable. I can't tell if his gf is anything like he plays her, but I wouldn't like her either lol
"Sean" isn't so bad so far (as of episode 8)
Karyn "Mercedes" was pretty cool too, probably because aside from her pictures she was just herself

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
The thing that bothers me about Karyn is her saying that she was always only ever acting like herself when she started out playing Mercedeze straight. Then you weren't being yourself, right? Obviously, that's not a completely defining characteristic of who she is, but it's also not the full truth. Once she realized more people were coming in openly queer and started playing her as bi, she just felt less fake overall.

But Alex is the most annoying person on the show so far. (The only thing worse is Adam.)

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Only watched one episode, its perfect trashy TV for me. But I hate the narrator/host that keeps chiming in with terrible jokes. Just shut up and let the show play out, no one needs your comedy.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Rebecca is my favorite by far. He has an "I'm in over my head" look at all times. He's also struggling with some of the moral aspects and it's just so fun to watch.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I thought I'd hate Joey too since the package made it seem like he was just gonna be like one of those GTL Jersey Shore dudes.

But then he did the
face mask thing while chatting with schooby and he had me from there. I liked how he was perfectly honest about how he wanted to keep all the girls he found immediately attractive
on and that he couldn't help himself lol

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Shubham attitude bothered me since ep1, it's like he feels his 3rd eye is opened and he can see through this game we call life (unlike the rest of us, because we are too stupid), a lot of nerds/geeks on different social hangouts have this vibe.

Alex on the other hand is straight up unlikable, everytime he is on the screen I roll my eyes.

I like everyone else.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that cliffhanger is a completely different picture of how the show frames it to be lol.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this yesterday and ended up bingewatching all latest episodes.

Question: are they literally trapped inside the apartment with no one to interact with? Because it can be very stressful and lonely 24 hours inside a locked room only with computer and AI which i dont think it is a real AI due to it being toooo smart

Btw this reality show is the very defnition of reality show for dumb people. And i meant it in a very good way. Omggg #WeAllGoCircle
Boring production answers:

AI isn't real. It's someone's job to do their typing etc and select what is happening.

They are in 'the circle' the whole time, as mentioned by someone else there is a gym etc but no-one is going to the outside world - but in off camera moments on at least the UK one, production team members pop in to just sit with them a bit, do a puzzle or something, so they've had some form of human contact. All kept to stuff nothing to do with the game or the show apparently.

US series filmed just before UK series 2, for fans of timelines. The first UK one, they were very much making up the rules/game as it went along, so for US S1/UK S2, you get a bit more of a settled, planned thing.

--

I think I enjoyed the UK one, not massively but enough to be interested and follow it, but as the catfish stories happened I sort of wondered if it had anything else new to add. It was also on nightly and they tried cliffhangers the whole time, so you might as well just watch the first five and last five of every episode and you wouldn't miss much.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that cliffhanger is a completely different picture of how the show frames it to be lol.

I was hoping for this, thinking she'd say she was actually a guy catfishing as a girl or something like that, but she says "go to the album labeled 'real me'" or something along those lines.

Double catfish would have been great.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
This show is great. I was wondering if I would even like it at first but by the second episode, I was really into it. The only thing I don't like is how coached up everyone seems. It's like the producers are constantly talking to them, telling them to always verbally say how they feel about literally everything. And to make sure they always act animated and surprised to every little thing. It's kind of silly but whatever. I guess I'll spoiler tag how I feel about the people on the show:

I didn't like Joey when the show first started but he might be my favorite now.

I love the personality and positivity of Chris but it doesn't really seem like he connects with people. Not in a deeper way, at least.

I thought Shooby would have no chance at first but he has played things really well and his ordinary image compared to everyone else really worked to his advantage. He's genuine and plays the game well but he's way too naive. Keeping Adam over Miranda was cringe worthy.

Seaburn (I don't know why but I didn't even realize this was him name until I read this thread) is cool. Probably the most creative use of a catfish by using his girlfriend's image. His reactions are great but it blows my mind people haven't suspected him of being a catfish more.

I like Sammie a lot. She seems sweet but she also seems very irritable or cranky half the time which is off putting.

Bill is chill. I like him. Pretty much how I feel about Ed too. I'm not crazy about them letting him bring someone with him but I guess it makes for funny/amusing tv.

I wasn't crazy about Karyn. She was okay but she seemed like she was always angry about someone or something. That's annoying to me. Antonio was pretty lame. Didn't mind seeing him go either.

Alex/Adam is one of the worst reality personalities I've ever seen. Both his fake persona and his actual personality both suck. Guy seems super fake, cringe worthy and annoying. Shooby lost some good will with me for keeping him on. The only redeeming part of that was a neat moment when Miranda left.

I also didn't like how they kept bringing in new people to replace the ones that left. Didn't seem fair at first but I guess it has grown on me. But the latest thing with Sean being able to upload an image for others to see is very wtf worthy. Like how is that allowed? It's like the producers just let her break the rules of the show just to create some extra drama. It's really dumb. I'm not feeling her personality either. The only catfish I don't mind is Rebecca. But Sean and Adam need to get booted ASAP.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf why didn't (I don't know how to put spoilers on mobile) the person that got booted in episode 8 get a reveal video to everyone in the circle?

Edit: it kinda of soured me on the new person even tho they seem kinda cool

Last edited:

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Shubham attitude bothered me since ep1, it's like he feels his 3rd eye is opened and he can see through this game we call life (unlike the rest of us, because we are too stupid), a lot of nerds/geeks on different social hangouts have this vibe.

Alex on the other hand is straight up unlikable, everytime he is on the screen I roll my eyes.

I like everyone else.
Shubham ran for governor when he was 22. One of his policies was to "ban social media usage for kids in K-12 schools across California and encourage workplaces, schools and our government to advocate for less time on these sites and more time outdoors." He hates how fake it is and came on the show to prove you can be yourself, and that is good enough. I feel like that is what it is.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shubham ran for governor when he was 22. One of his policies was to "ban social media usage for kids in K-12 schools across California and encourage workplaces, schools and our government to advocate for less time on these sites and more time outdoors." He hates how fake it is and came on the show to prove you can be yourself, and that is good enough. I feel like that is what it is.

It's gonna make the sting that much more entertaining when he find out who Rebecca really is.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Sounds like a guy who got stuck in the past and hasnt embraced the future yet

Oct 25, 2017
Was laughing that no-one could pronounce Conshohocken, then Sammie does. I'm just like whoa? Is she from the Philly area? And sure enough, she's a DelCo girl...Love it. Two Philly suburbs representing. DelCo girls are great BTW, it all makes sense now.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Just finished ep 1. You guys can't be serious about Joey. He is such a douche. He might be really being himself, but he is so damn annoying.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Just finished ep 1. You guys can't be serious about Joey. He is such a douche. He might be really being himself, but he is so damn annoying.
Joey is a douche, that never changes but I'll admit he grew on me with his jersey shore wannabe ass. Especially his relationship with Shubam. They love each other lol