• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know the source material, but 4 seasons seems like a respectable number.

Things already felt like they were escalating to the point of having a very limited ceiling. I mean...she
became Queen of Hell and already imprisoned Satan briefly, and her aunts ran the local Church of Night.
Those feel like end game plotlines to me.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
yeah the way the show has gone it seems like the only thing they can do is end it. I had hoped for lighter high school antics for a few seasons before it got so dark. Not many places to go now. They wrote themselves into a corner.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I liked season 1 a lot but then the show just got really dull for me. They leaned in way too much into the high school drama for my tastes. Couldn't even finish season 3. I do hope to see more of Kiernan Shipka and Chance Perdomo soon, they're great.

uh, were we watching the same show? S1 was high school, then it just changed into a show about hell.

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah ending it now is probably a good call. Maybe we'll actually get some character growth out of her. Not holding my breath though.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It's fine as long as it has a good send off.

I did enjoy the show quite a bit. At least Netflix is giving the show the opportunity to complete its story. Most Netflix shows don't get that opportunity.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't realize Ozark is finishing too. Double fucking whammy! I guess this feels more surprising because it just started 2 years ago and they cranked out multiple seasons pretty quck.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bummer, probably one of the best Netflix shows. Loved it.
Damn are you serious? That's some bullshit. It was one of the best shows they had.
One of the best Netflix shows? I have to disagree, it's mid to low tier. Compared to all these:

BoJack Horseman
Narcos
Dark
Kingdom
Dear White People
The Dark Crystal
Master Of None
American Vandal
MANIAC
Black Mirror
GLOW
Dead To Me
Sex Education
Sense8
Mindhunter
Unorthodox
The Haunting Of Hill House
I Am Not Okay With This

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I like the show but yeah it's totally disorganized with the plot long term.

Also with the shutdown the cast is probably getting older and hard to retain.

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best Netflix shows? I have to disagree, it's mid to low tier. Compared to all these:

BoJack Horseman
Narcos
Dark
Kingdom
Dear White People
The Dark Crystal
Master Of None
American Vandal
MANIAC
Black Mirror
GLOW
Dead To Me
Sex Education
Sense8
Mindhunter
Unorthodox
The Haunting Of Hill House
I Am Not Okay With This

Thanks for letting me know

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Classic Netflix shocked it made it past 3 like most of em
It didn't. It'll be ending with only two seasons, Netflix just broke them up and labeled them "parts" for whatever reason. Probably to boost/maintain subscriptions, while also keeping costs down because they don't have to renegotiate contracts as often? But yeah from a production standpoint it's just a 20-episode Season 1 and a 16-episode Season 2.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently they didn't intend for the show to end with Part 4

🙄 @ him teasing the long awaited Riverdale crossover after the show has been cancelled

🙄 @ him pretending to care about the comic

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I just started the series for the halloween season and watched two episodes.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FISHEYE CRAP? It's super distracting and makes me wanna vormit.

Is that throughout all episodes to this degree?! I might abort it if that's the case. Who thought that only having 30% of the screen in focus was a good idea?!

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I just started the series for the halloween season and watched two episodes.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FISHEYE CRAP? It's super distracting and makes me wanna vormit.

Is that throughout all episodes to this degree?! I might abort it if that's the case. Who thought that only having 30% of the screen in focus was a good idea?!
It's permanent and it's fucking terrible.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Why did they cancel it?

When is part 4 out?

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Wait is it cancelled cancelled, or are they ending it with one final season? I mean season 3 was so fucking bad but I still need an ending...
There ending it but now it's been revealed that a riverdale crossover would of been part 5 so people are trying to bring the show back.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love how lovecraftian horrors have become the OG big bad of choice for when literal god/devil get boring across franchises.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked that people stuck around for part 3. Part 2 was barely keeping it afloat. It should've ended there, but Sabrina had to want to save nick. I would've left her friend group the second she floated that idea.