• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I knew those fuckers were up to know good

Jonneh
tenor.gif
Fucking slander

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, they are simply following their instincts, but not all animals are super rapey and murderous. I didn't know this about otters.

Do you think an otter understands what rape or murder are? Do you think a lion understands that it's commiting murder when it rips into a gazelle or your neighborhood house cat when they stalk and kill a random bird or rodent?

You can't equate human understanding and morality to animals.

Mudkip Xbox Series X

Alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2019
There's a YouTube vid in which an otter
Is harassing a snapping turtle much larger than itself, eventually flipping it over, biting its way through a back leg, and tearing out entrails to eat. Yea, pretty brutal...

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its that normal behaviour or just something for this group or individual animal? idk if the artcle is generalizing or if thats legit

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
its that normal behaviour or just something for this group or individual animal? idk if the artcle is generalizing or if thats legit
River Otters are a lot more docile than Sea Otters but Sea Otters are still really important for sustaining Kelp Forests. Leave otters alone, Vox :(

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think an otter understands what rape or murder are? Do you think a lion understands that it's commiting murder when it rips into a gazelle or your neighborhood house cat when they stalk and kill a random bird or rodent?

You can't equate human understanding and morality to animals.

Oh I'm not assigning any "blame" to animals for doing what they do, just pointing out that not all animals behave this way. Somewhat disturbingly it seems the more intelligent an animal is the more likely it is to partake in behaviours we find distressing. It seems the larger the brain size, the more novelty an animal requires to keep itself entertained.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
They say there's been 35 humans attacked by River Otters since 1980

Isnt that like really low? This Otter agenda is unjust :(

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
" Sea otters murder even when it doesn't provide them with food or offspring, like straight-up sociopathic spree killers. "

sooo, like cats then?

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So it's just open season on all animals now? First ducks now otters.
I mean... the stuff otters do isn't cute, but until their female populations evolve ways for their vagoos to prevent giving birth due to rape, ducks rightfully deserve that ire and are on a whole other level. That evolution of a rape defense mechanism for female ducks took a MILLENNIUM at least.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
If I can love cats after they've delivered a massacred bird to me to show me how to do it then Otters are fine. Let them be how they are.