• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
hearing about the PUBG stuff was the record scratch moment for me.

i'm resetting the clock on my hype for it and freezing it at zero until there's some clarity behind that.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely hate the name and actually thought the trailer was kind of goofy but if this game ends up being Anything like Dead Space then I'm on board.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I like what I see so far. I really liked the Dead Space games (especially Extraction, and even part three,) and this looks to scratch the same itch.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Exciting!

Maybe this will help prompt EA to get off their ass and release a Dead Space collection.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
if I want anything I would want in life is to maybe work with Glen sometimes in the future. the guy is very solid.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This is it, yes! yes! YES!

I always wonder how much these trailers costs, but i imagine they're not cheap

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Dead Space 1 solidified my confidence in Glen. That game was such an amazing surprise when it came out.

I have good faith he and whoever he brought with him from the OG team will do it again.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
EA: "Wait! That's illegal!"

The trailer got me pumped, even though it was a CG trailer, I got serious Dead Space vibes from it. And the good ones, ... not the ... bad ones. *shudders*
VGAs 2020 were good!

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Finally catching up on watching the Game Awards, and this had me so freaking hyped! A spiritual successor to Dead Space by the same team is better than a Dead Space 4!

And they're saying all the right things. So freaking hyped!!!

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Def down on this if they double down on the survival horror aspect rather than the generic action sci-fi drivel that later plagued the Dead Space series.

Yup I'm down with this.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing news, and def not what we were expecting considering the thread from a few days ago where people were certain this would be a PUBG game or extension of some kind.

I'm glad to see Glen and his close team back to making these types of games too, love their work.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Holy hell I went from "boo!" upon initially hearing it being a PUBG game, to "Dead Space: The Thing!" upon watching the trailer. Assuming it manages to live up to the trailer in tone, I'm in.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Spiritual successor to Dead Space, Schofield said all the right things there.
Soooo hyped for this game. Will surely be next gen only at that date.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man this looks awesome. Absolutely loved Dead Space so I am here for this

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Really interested in this. I hope they ditch the outgoing generation of consoles for this too.

A Dead Space spiritual successor needs to be bleeding edge.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
when i saw the green thing in the neck of the guy i knew this was somehow dead space related

can't wait

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
This looks incredible! I find it amazing that the sci-fi space survival horror genre basically never gets old for me. There is just something so fascinating and terrifying about the isolation of space and the scope of mysteries it can hold.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Sounds promising. Hopefully it's not going to be one of those tiresome run & hide - trial & error kind of games.

This will be basically the exact opposite. I mean, the entire thing was pretty much Dead Space 4 with a big *wink wink*. It already looked like it and then Schofield himself popped up basically reiterating 'dude, it's Dead Space 4 in everything but name, don't worry about it'.

If you haven't played Dead Space, it's the complete opposite of Hide 'N Seek Horror.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Did you play dead space?

Yes, but the fad now is to have constant stalkers and run & hide elements, because apparently it's supposed to be more scary, when it's just annoying. So hopefully it'll not have those.

EDIT:
This will be basically the exact opposite. I mean, the entire thing was pretty much Dead Space 4 with a big *wink wink*. It already looked like it and then Schofield himself popped up basically reiterating 'dude, it's Dead Space 4 in everything but name, don't worry about it'.

If you haven't played Dead Space, it's the complete opposite of Hide 'N Seek Horror.

I sure hope that's the case.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Yes, but the fad now is to have constant stalkers and run & hide elements, because apparently it's supposed to be more scary, when it's just annoying. So hopefully it'll not have those.

And I completely agree with you there but I think this is way too on-the-nose Dead Space and Schofield & Team probably more than understand the thirst for a new game of its ilk. But I mean yeah, while I strongly doubt it'll have any of those lame elements, I hope it doesn't as well sure.