• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
Callisto-Ann_12-10-20.jpg

Krafton subsidiary Striking Distance Studios, which is led by Dead Space creator Glen Schofield, announced story-driven single-player survival horror game The Callisto Protocol for consoles and PC at The Game Awards 2020. It will launch in 2022.

Set on Jupiter's moon Callisto in the year 2320, The Callisto Protocol is a next-generation take on survival horror. The game challenges players to escape the maximum security Black Iron Prison and uncover its terrifying secrets. A blend of horror, action, and immersive storytelling, the game aims to set a new bar for horror in interactive entertainment.

"We've built a world class studio of passionate developers that is ready to once again tackle one of our all-time favorite genres—survival horror," said Striking Distance Studios founder and CEO Glen Schofield in a statement. "We're setting out to make one of the most terrifying games of all time, and we can't wait to share more about The Callisto Protocol next year."

www.gematsu.com

Striking Distance Studios announces story-driven survival horror game The Callisto Protocol for consoles, PC

KRAFTON subsidiary Striking Distance Studios, which is led by Dead Space creator Glen Schofield, announced story-driven single-player survival horror game The Callisto Protocol for consoles and PC …

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Really cool trailer and I'm really digging the aesthetics. Looking forward to more...

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely wondering if the "set in the PUBG universe" thing was a smokescreen, was scrapped and they decided to just make something original, or if there's going to be like an audio log somewhere where they're like, "We got data for these creatures from these death matches that were run 300 years ago."

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
That was some intense trailer. Obviously CGI so not really worth much, but from all the information that were said about this game, this could be great. Hoping for the best. If enemies look as spooky as in this trailer with amazing graphics for next gen only, this will be terrifying in the best way possible.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally Dead Space's spiritual successor, same creator, many of the same people behind it, obviously taking some of Dead Space like the health on the back, so yeah.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
Please, please be as good as the first two Dead Space games... I really believe in this team and I love they already confirmed third person and aiming for it to be the scariest game ever. Can't wait

Xpliskin

Oct 28, 2017
Glen Schofield was the producer of Dead Space 1 and was one of the key members that pushed for the
game to be made.

I'm so glad he's back after all these years

Super super hyped for this, it'll basically be a next-gen dead space spiritual sequel, amazing.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Day one. We don't get too many of these types of games anymore. So this has my support.

Dead Space 1 and 2 are two of my all time favorite games, and I can't wait to see what Glen and the team does.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Yeah, looks sick. If we get this and the new Skate in 2022...hoooo booooy.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
So happy they're making this and don't have to deal with EA pressure. The only question is the line gun mechanic. Hope they can use it or have something equally unique. Day 1.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
This is my kind of game. So excited for it. Hoping it's dead space-like without the hallucinations.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I enjoyed dead space 1 and 2. I enjoyed alien isolation (but this one scared the shit out of me)

I hope it is as fun as dead space but less scary than alien