• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
What's the general consensus on Overdose???

Caligula OD was okay. It had probably the worst sidequest system I have ever seen in a game and it's probably the only JRPG where I can think of whereby the game is infinitely superior by having all of its side content removed; its just that bad and that unnecessary.

Main story was okay and gets points for being an interesting and ambitious story though told in a somewhat sloppy fashion. Art direction was on point. The battle system, though poorly balanced, was actually really interesting and quite enjoyable and clearly the standout of the game.

Gotta say from this trailer though.... it honestly all looks worse than Overdose. That's probably not a good sign.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a significant upgrade to the first game. Let's see how the gameplay turns out though.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say I'm hoping for a PC release, but then I realize this is only in Japan right now. It'll likely be ported if there's a localization.

I still need to start the first Caligula Effect... Got it in sale and it's been gathering digital dust.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
What's the general consensus on Overdose???
Awful. It's like the shitty direct-to-video version of a blockbuster movie that tries to capitalize on its popularity. Persona is Captain America: The First Avenger. Caligula is this:

captain-battle-legacy-war.jpeg