• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Same here, but I feel like I'm near the end of the game. Just got back to playing as Eivor after the
Basim present day
stuff.

Might just suffer through it instead of holding out for the patch.
I'm where you are and an a little lost as to what to do.
Settlement is at 6, the order are all dead, just doing the last bit of asgard/jonteheim . Anything else?
Not really has any curtscene issues on series x. They all seemed fine

Oct 27, 2017
Even without the glitches, the direction in the cutscenes and the overall storytelling feels...weak? Doesn't help that the audio quality is horrendous. But yeah the story is just not grabbing me at all, even though I'm enjoying the open world stuff.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I've said this many times - Valhalla is the most "AA" big-budget game I've played. Yes, I know it sounds stupid, but it just feels like I'm playing AA game with all the bugs, weird animations etc, etc.
Not at all, I think I know what you mean.

At times, Valhalla plays out like a older Focus Home joint before they really stepped up their budget. It's strangely sparse and unambiguous for being such an expensive AAA production.

Odyssey is the superior entry by far

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how long I should wait before buying this one. Maybe summer?
How about one month until the next AC game?

I played for 8 hours on base PS4 and it worked surprisingly well. A few enemies crapped out, but that was all.

What strikes me about Valhalla's bugs is how randomly they seem to occur. Is it engine instabiiity? Poor testing?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how long I should wait before buying this one. Maybe summer?
Since it now seems clear that there's no new Assassin's Creed game coming in 2021, for anyone who hasn't bought Valhalla yet I'd suggest thinking of it as the 2021 game and grabbing it sometime near the end of the year. It'll inevitably have some pretty big discount in a bunch of sales around then, and by then the major DLC packs will be out and it'll be easier to decide whether you want them or just the base game.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
I took a break from the game back in November so the issues could get patched..3 months later and there hasn't been any progress? C'mon ubi

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I was itching for a replay, but I'd rather hold off until (if) we get a NG+ mode. These bugs make the wait easier, at least.

Nov 14, 2017
Got this for Christmas but was finishing GoT before I jumped in and got in right as the Yule event ended and the big patch hit that broke the cutscenes.

The gameplay is pretty fun but I'm not attached to the story at all and the bugs aren't helping. Luckily, I haven't hit anything that's more than a mild annoyance -- nothing game-breaking yet. Considering replaying Control UE and coming back to Valhalla after it gets another patch.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Please stop blaming QA. They most likely notice and report issues like these (and a lot of others), but it doesn't mean they'll also get fixed.
I'm not blaming the QA, I'm blaming the lack of it. And that's a problem with the higher ups not scaling up their QA division. Or needing to rush a product. It's not the QA folks themselves, I used to work in that field.