• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly most of that was fun/funny. Few hella cringe inducing moments but overall, fun video

Art__Thief

Jun 1, 2021
Back in 2017 Crowbcat posted a video for E3 that featured the use of a racist meme. But I think at that time it was confirmed Crowbcat is a group and not an individual.
I tried to look up if Crowbcat was a group or not and I couldn't find any evidance for it, I Googled it and it sent me to a Resetera thread from 2017. Did Crowbcat ever say it was a team behind the videos?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Very possible at locals yeah
Anything is possible, but its not like a powder keg situation where "its going to happen EVENTUALLY"
People get weird and in your face at other gaming events too

Not related to your comment, but im suprised this didnt make it into the compliation, but based on the description its more pro events and not locals/pools

Fake Edit: after clicking submit, i guess it is related to your comment lol

Why they getting after the 49ers guy? He just popped off seems to be having a good time.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
CEO also hosted a wrestling event in 2019 as well, I'm hoping they'll be able to run it again in 2022
They hosted a NJPW event in 2018 then I believe the first AEW Fyter Fest in 2019 which gave us these
0fUqzzf.jpg

j5PlIhg.jpg

8DobhCq.gif

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I tried to look up if Crowbcat was a group or not and I couldn't find any evidance for it, I Googled it and it sent me to a Resetera thread from 2017. Did Crowbcat ever say it was a team behind the videos?

This was never confirmed and just started getting thrown out there as defense for shady shit in CrowbCat videos. They have put outright racist shit in their videos before that are now wiped from the internet. Even before the Assassin's Creed Origins thing they had one for the WiiU trailer showing black people reacting and then cutting in shots of fried chicken.

Whoever is making the videos is a racist piece of shit and I don't understand why they still get play here. They also just latch on to whatever 'gamer-hate' bandwagon is going. Considering their past this video is definitely suspect.

Oct 27, 2017
Very possible at locals yeah
Anything is possible, but its not like a powder keg situation where "its going to happen EVENTUALLY"
People get weird and in your face at other gaming events too

Not related to your comment, but im suprised this didnt make it into the compliation, but based on the description its more pro events and not locals/pools

Fake Edit: after clicking submit, i guess it is related to your comment lol

lmao this video never gets old

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Why they getting after the 49ers guy? He just popped off seems to be having a good time.
We honestly don't know, most people assume it was an attempt to DQ him based on the people requesting it in the video
Your best bet for an explanation is in the comments really and that just leads to rumors with no sources and LOTS of ableist/sexist talk about the person that grabbed him

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
Super entertaining video, pity a lot of people in this thread have a "WRESTLINGS NOT REAL YOU KNOW" vibe about them.

Oct 7, 2021
You've got people breaking their equipment out of anger and also people getting in others' faces and physically touching them. It's really not strange to think that the physical barrier being broken is going to eventually result in somebody channeling their anger towards the other player instead of their equipment.
What you are missing here is that if that ever does happen

1. there are a lot of people around at all times to intervene and stop them
2. you are on camera and will likely go to prison if you are the clear aggressor even if they are in your face
3. these people clearly care a lot about these games, and can/have faced bans over such matters not only in presence but in whether they will ever even be talked about again, basically excommunication from what is likely all of their friends

Noel Brown was never amazing but he was a top 50 player typa guy really consistent, was a close personal friend of Justin Wong, don't see him around anymore. Don't see his name mentioned. It is basically taboo. His entire existence and all of that time he committed to the FGC has been eradicated, and he has been in and out of prison for behavior he could've potentially got away with if he didn't have a history of uncontrolled anger on stream while viewed by tens of thousands, that stuff certainly comes up in courts. I don't know if he ever faced charges for punching smooth viper because smooth viper was not only showing signs of aggression but literally broke his expensive property forcefully, but punching a cripple on stream certainly didn't help him w the domestic charges of battery

That is why it is so rare, and very very unlikely. If you are that mentally unhealthy chances are you don't want a spotlight on you, and if you do chances are you aren't gonna get away with anything like that at all

let people have fun

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Moreso playing into the role and trying to be a heel. He's one of the best players in the world but I would not say he is intentionally being malicious or daft.

For contrast, LowTierGod also plays into a role BUT that role definitely is malicious, toxic and max cringe.
It makes you wonder about this place sometimes.

This
Sorry, but this doesn't sound like a good enough counter personally. That specific instance 100% looks like him being an egotistical jerk, and there are loads more in those videos where one person is clearly getting upset while the other is acting obnoxious. Some of you are being a bit too defensive here, there is definitely toxicity and cringe on show in enough of these instances.

The fact is that the vast majority of the time it won't be toxic, it'll just be people having fun... but these videos show many of the times when it goes further than "just a bit of fun" and y'all should be able to acknowledge that.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is saying "cringe", but I love this shit. It's seems fun as hell.

Well outside of the physical violence and controller smashing, but that's rare.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
1. there are a lot of people around at all times to intervene and stop them
2. you are on camera and will likely go to prison if you are the clear aggressor even if they are in your face
3. these people clearly care a lot about these games, and can/have faced bans over such matters not only in presence but in whether they will ever even be talked about again, basically excommunication from what is likely all of their friends
If somebody is in your face and has their hands on you, you're not going to go to prison for knocking their hand away and shoving them away to create distance lol

Oct 7, 2021
I always enjoy seeing these threads devolve into explanations about how the people in question are simply competitive and that this is what competition brings out sometimes. As if an overwhelming majority of people here haven't competed in sports, tournaments, leagues, contests, etc. our whole lives without breaking our equipment, shouting angrily when failing, getting in the faces of our opponents, taunting our opponents, touching our opponents (seriously wtf?), or otherwise "popping off" the excess rage within our systems.
yeah u right they should just golf clap after each match and do a nice hand shake every time. This thuggery is unacceptable, how dare someone get in someones face my gods, what have we devolved to. MY. GODS.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If somebody is in your face and has their hands on you, you're not going to go to prison for knocking their hand away and shoving them away to create distance lol
Yeh, lol, exactly... and that kind of behaviour is definitely not okay regardless. It goes beyond a "bit of fun" when the other person is visibly getting upset, or you lay hands, or you start smashing shit out of rage.
yeah u right they should just golf clap after each match and do a nice hand shake every time. This thuggery is unacceptable, how dare someone get in someones face my gods, what have we devolved to. MY. GODS.
Getting physical with someone without consent because you got into your feelings a bit too much is not okay ever. Fuck that nonsense.

And there are plenty of examples of white people doing this too... it isn't okay whoever you are.

Oct 7, 2021
I know bro that's what Im saying. If it is an actual act of genuine violence it's gonna be trouble for you, they are free to push the guy touching them back if they want, if that escalated they'd have those protections. Literally surrounded by people that moderate the situation physically, and literally recorded so it is moderated legally. Don't know how you read my post and that is your take.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Punk earned the right to pop off a long time ago. People going in on him for being a jerk are cherry picking from a scene they don't actually follow.

Oct 7, 2021
Yeh, lol, exactly... and that kind of behaviour is definitely not okay regardless. It goes beyond a "bit of fun" when the other person is visibly getting upset, or you lay hands, or you start smashing shit out of rage.

Getting physical with someone without consent because you got into your feelings a bit too much is not okay ever. Fuck that nonsense.

And there are plenty of examples of white people doing this too... it isn't okay whoever you are.
ya'll just dont like real expression I guess idk, if it is safe it is fine. People have emotions tf, if they're really so upset feel free to walk away. Esportsing the FGC any further would be tragic, we don't need yellow cards for grand standing over a video game. When that one guy got angry SonicFox laughed his ass off, he didnt get punched for it. You get upset that's your problem

astro

Oct 25, 2017
ya'll just dont like real expression I guess idk, if it is safe it is fine. People have emotions tf, if they're really so upset feel free to walk away. Esportsing the FGC any further would be tragic, we don't need yellow cards for grand standing over a video game. When that one guy got angry SonicFox laughed his ass off, he didnt get punched for it. You get upset that's your problem
"real expression" jfc... laying hands on someone without consent is fucking shit mate, don't try and normalise that bullshit.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Just getting through a bit of it, but 90% of this was just fgc hamming it up and having fun. And then there's that dude playing MK lol.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
There are some classics in here, Crowbcat has been loading up this clip for a while.

The theatricality of the FGC >>>>>> every other eSport genre in entertainment value.

Dead @ the guy shaking the hand and throwing the controller at the same time

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
When somebody is being physically touched or having clothes draped over them while they're sat there and waiting for the next match, what are they supposed to do? Walk off stage? Walk away? They've got more rounds to play. They're just there being touched without consent.
"real expression" jfc... laying hands on someone without consent is fucking shit mate, don't try and normalise that bullshit.
Exactly. Like if people want to talk shit, be expressive, ham it up for the crowd ... sure. But don't go around touching other people.

Oct 7, 2021

When somebody is being physically touched or having clothes draped over them while they're sat there and waiting for the next match, what are they supposed to do? Walk off stage? Walk away? They've got more rounds to play. They're just there being touched without consent.

Exactly. Like if people want to talk shit, be expressive, ham it up for the crowd ... sure. But don't go around touching other people.

Bro you think this happens all the time in the FGC? No, people touching someone during a pop off is extremely rare, in the instances in this video outside of one time it was clearly accepted as a part of the shit talk, and in that one time with the smash player there where people around who clearly understood it went a little too far and where like hey man back up a bit. You're level of judgement is fucking weird. The dude was free to push the mans hands off him if he wanted to, better place to do it w cameras and all that stuff around. If someone cant stand their ground over some dude gettin a little in their face then yeah FGC ain't for them, and they shouldn't be talkin shit. No sport is for them. All of these pop offs have back stories, not like it is out of the fuckin blue so keep your judgement to yourself that is my opinion.

I could EASILY find a compilation of far more aggressive moments in literally any other sport. Weird that you're singling this one out.

Oct 7, 2021
so you don't see this stuff in other sports? I'm not saying it is great but it happens in competition. FGC is a safe environment as far as fights go, and ya'll are actin like it is some out of hand hood shit

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Bro you think this happens all the time in the FGC? No, people touching someone during a pop off is extremely rare, in the instances in this video outside of one time it was clearly accepted as a part of the shit talk, and in that one time with the smash player there where people around who clearly understood it went a little too far and where like hey man back up a bit. You're level of judgement is fucking weird. The dude was free to push the mans hands off him if he wanted to, better place to do it w cameras and all that stuff around. If someone cant stand their ground over some dude gettin a little in their face then yeah FGC ain't for them, and they shouldn't be talkin shit. All of these pop offs have back stories, not like it is out of the fuckin blue so keep your judgement to yourself that is my opinion.

I could EASILY find a compilation of far more aggressive moments in literally any other sport. Weird that you're singling this one out.
My gender identity is right there, I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me bro.

I've said numerous times now I know this isn't indicative of the community as a whole, and that the vast majority of the time it will be all in good fun, but these videos have chosen to highlight a bunch of the times it goes beyond that. Calling those things in these videos cringe or shitty is not calling out the entire community.
so you don't see this stuff in other sports? I'm not saying it is great but it happens in competition. FGC is a safe environment as far as fights go, and ya'll are actin like it is some out of hand hood shit
You're being far too defensive about the FGC here, I never said anything about other sports or that it was exclusive to the FGC.?

And not once have I said anything about it being "hood shit"...

Oct 7, 2021
My gender identity is right there, I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me bro.

I've said numerous times now I know this isn't indicative of the community as a whole, and that the vast majority of the time it will be all in good fun, but these videos have chosen to highlight a bunch of the times it goes beyond that. Calling those things in these videos cringe or shitty is not calling out the entire community.

You're being far too defensive about the FGC here, I never said anything about other sports or that it was exclusive to the FGC.?

And not once have I said anything about it being "hood shit"...
Who cares dude, most of what was highlighted was in good fun and you cherry pick like one or two that maybe went a little overboard like all sports do. Again, it is fuckin weird

Oct 7, 2021
User Banned (2 Weeks): Doubling Down on Misgendering over Multiple Posts
Not a "dude" either... can you please acknowledge my request to not ignore my identity?
Dude is not a gender based term, been unisex for a long time. I have no interset in discussing your gender identity. I'm discussing the FGC and your no fun allowed judgement of it.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
Sorry, but this doesn't sound like a good enough counter personally. That specific instance 100% looks like him being an egotistical jerk, and there are loads more in those videos where one person is clearly getting upset while the other is acting obnoxious. Some of you are being a bit too defensive here, there is definitely toxicity and cringe on show in enough of these instances.

The fact is that the vast majority of the time it won't be toxic, it'll just be people having fun... but these videos show many of the times when it goes further than "just a bit of fun" and y'all should be able to acknowledge that.

When it comes to Punk I truly feel you're taking what you are witnessing here out of context and in a bubble. Like, on a scale of 1 to Noel Brown this is a very generous 2.

I am not defending the FGC, which definitely has its problems and there things in this vid that while funny are toxic to me (k9 and kiraflax).

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Funny clips. I think the way the title is phrased makes it seem like this is what the FGC is like. I'm not a part of said community and likely wouldn't be welcome in it so I can't say, but I imagine this video isn't a fair representation since this stuff probably doesn't happen much. It's easy to make anything look bad with select clips.

I'm now also curious who this Noel Brown person is.