• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
They don't really say but it's largely keeping up appearances and also serves as a double meaning when you realize which people you always see in costume and which ones you don't.

Maeve and Starlight for example, because they both become disillusioned with the reality behind the charade

They also live at the towers so it's assumed that they're pretty much "on" all the time in their roles.

This plus we see that supes are all narcists and so why wouldn't they wear the thing that gets everyone to recognize and worship them 24-7.

Yeah, that makes sense. Still, you'd think they would want at least an alt costume or something, just so they don't have to wear the same damn thing 24/7. And yeah, since they live at Vought tower, they probably think they're too good to step out among the common folk. That would probably feed into the need to be "on" every single day.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot...do they ever explain why most of The Seven are pretty much always in costume? Black Noir is self-explanatory once you know his story, but what about everyone else?
Case can be made for homelander and everyone else that basing their whole identity around being a supe is a security blanket mentally and emotionally

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Case can be made for homelander and everyone else that basing their whole identity around being a supe is a security blanket mentally and emotionally

Yeah, I think it's that, plus what BossAttack said about needing to be recognized, plus maybe they're contractually obligated like DrEvil said. I mean maybe not all at once, but I would think some combination of those for sure. HL is so childish in many ways that I can see him using his costume as a security blanket like you said. And BN seems like a yes man when it comes to Vought, so he probably feels like he "owes" it to them to wear his costume, but also needing it as a security blanket. Deep and A-Train probably just love their celebrity status, but again, they probably do feel naked without their costumes.

On a completely unrelated note...holy shit, Karen Fukuhara has her own YT channel!

View: https://youtu.be/VyA5PNJFKoQ

This is the only video I've watched so far, but she also has a video with Aya Cash (aka Stormfront), which I'm sure is worth watching.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
This is the only video I've watched so far, but she also has a video with Aya Cash (aka Stormfront), which I'm sure is worth watching.

Just about her, she was a hell of a fucking actress in that role. I appreciated the performance at the time but now that Stormfront is Nazi dust who almost certainly won't return you actually almost miss her just for that performance. The actress Aya Cash is so damn good at being so… vivid and sardonic. Just so casually cruel with her dialogue delivery in a way that really stood out.

Oct 25, 2017
Just about her, she was a hell of a fucking actress in that role. I appreciated the performance at the time but now that Stormfront is Nazi dust who almost certainly won't return you actually almost miss her just for that performance. The actress Aya Cash is so damn good at being so… vivid and sardonic. Just so casually cruel with her dialogue delivery in a way that really stood out.
She also wore a merkin

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I love the deconstruction of Black Noir. At the beginning, he gave the aura of the strong, silent type. Not giving fucks, always cool and collected. He avoided the intrigues, squabbles and pettiness of the other heroes, he was above all that. He got a considerable fan base based on that, the Bobafett effect.

But in reality, he's literally brain damaged and has the mind of a child. He has no agency of his own.

Genius IMHO.

That's actually a great comparison. He basically is Boba Fett from ESB. Not much is asked of him, but he does it with a level of competence rarely seen on the villains' side.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I'm sorry but I'm biologic compelled to post this here, it's just too glorious:

we8mlecud2a91.jpg

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Did we see her dead? I wouldn't be surprised if Vought were keeping her alive for genetic harvesting reasons.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I don't see how that comment makes him insane.
He got an erection in class like most kids do and was embarrassed. I don't think he was always insane. These were just childhood fantasy friends that became "real" when his bran got caved in.
I think that comment is referring to when he was going through puberty and had an embarrassing moment in class.
Depends on whether it was a random moment or if a bunch of cartoons actually gathered around him in class to help him calm down the boner.

I like to believe the latter just because the visual is sad but funny.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the off-topicness but I started watching Supernatural on the recommendation of several people here and I am totally enjoying it. It's just my kind of jam, reminds me of a lot of episodic TV (with an overarching storyline) that I love, with a great mix of cheese and general weirdness. And the two brothers are super likeable and have a nice rapport.

You nerds were right! Also this Kripke guy seems pretty talented.

UhxtL6n.gif

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Finale drops in a little over an hour right?

Did we see her dead? I wouldn't be surprised if Vought were keeping her alive for genetic harvesting reasons.

She did sorta die off-screen I guess. It did seem pretty definitive though. I don't expect to see her back but I guess it wouldn't be hugely surprising, maybe in a Darth Vader suit.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Feels like the season flew by, which is always a good sign with media, like playing a game and realizing it's 4 in the morning all of a sudden. Amazing show and an amazing season. Can't wait for the finale!

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Homelander gets depowered and we pray for his return as the only one to save us from Soldier Boy's tyranny. All hail our soon to be old king Homelander.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia

I'd bet money on her coming back. Her "death" was purely for Homelander's sake in that episode, and she's too magnificent a character not to get a glorious, definitive, on-screen death. Plus reinvention is her brand.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Yea Homelander will get a family but it'll be the absolute worst family he could ever ask for

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah, I think it's that, plus what BossAttack said about needing to be recognized, plus maybe they're contractually obligated like DrEvil said. I mean maybe not all at once, but I would think some combination of those for sure. HL is so childish in many ways that I can see him using his costume as a security blanket like you said. And BN seems like a yes man when it comes to Vought, so he probably feels like he "owes" it to them to wear his costume, but also needing it as a security blanket. Deep and A-Train probably just love their celebrity status, but again, they probably do feel naked without their costumes.

On a completely unrelated note...holy shit, Karen Fukuhara has her own YT channel!

View: https://youtu.be/VyA5PNJFKoQ

Is this why this was in my YT recommended feed?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ5e0HZl9Ek&ab_channel=KarenFukuhara

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This season's been so strong. I remember reading concerns about wheel-spinning when they dropped the first three eps, but assuming they stick the landing I think I rate this over S2.