• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I don't think their plans are to debuff Homelander or any supe for that matter, and then be done with it. Butcher wants all supes dead, so it's debuff->kill, so unless the permanent V is on like an insulin pump or something, I wouldn't say it's less impactful really.
I see you point, but still, in Homelander's case, nothing would be more entertaining than watching him navigate his existence without superhuman powers. For him, it would be a fate worse than death. I'd prefer it if a supe taking permanent V to regain their powers ran the risk of death or getting a different superpower, like people taking V for the first time.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
I see you point, but still, in Homelander's case, nothing would be more entertaining than watching him navigate his existence without superhuman powers. For him, it would be a fate worse than death. I'd prefer it if a supe taking permanent V to regain their powers ran the risk of death or getting a different superpower, like people taking V for the first time.
ahh, true, it would be fun to see Homelander trying to navigate the world without powers and failing immensely, very cathartic.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The look on Homelander's face when Hughie got a shot in on him during the big fight.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of collateral damage he tends to cause and the way vought pays people off, if Homelander gets depowered, realistically even if Butcher left him alive, *someone* would kill him for revenge within a month, if that long, if it ever got out.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of collateral damage he tends to cause and the way vought pays people off, if Homelander gets depowered, realistically even if Butcher left him alive, *someone* would kill him for revenge within a month, if that long, if it ever got out.

Even depowered, I bet you get your name in the history books as the one that killed Homelander.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
So on episode 5 now, every time I start to feel a bit of sympathy towards Deep and A Train. They both fuck it up 15 minutes later. I'm happy with the consistency.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thought the conversation been Kimiko and Frenchie about her being able to properly feel his arms was super interesting. Super Strength is one of the most common and least interesting abilities and that whole aspect was something I never considered

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
I love the deconstruction of Black Noir. At the beginning, he gave the aura of the strong, silent type. Not giving fucks, always cool and collected. He avoided the intrigues, squabbles and pettiness of the other heroes, he was above all that. He got a considerable fan base based on that, the Bobafett effect.

But in reality, he's literally brain damaged and has the mind of a child. He has no agency of his own.

Genius IMHO.

Last edited:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I love the deconstruction of Black Noir. At the beginning, he gave the aura of the strong, silent type. Not giving fucks, always cool and collected. He avoided the intrigues, squabbles and pettiness of the other heroes, he was above all that. He got a considerable fan base based on that, the Bobafett effect.

But in reality, he's literally brain damaged and has the mind of a child. He has no agency of his own.

Genius IMHO.

I like this. I also like you.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017

Genius IMHO.
See, I was a bit confused by that. I didn't discard the idea of him being brain-damaged, but one of the things the characters said, was that they helped him when he was young...as if they existed prior to the accident itself.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well looks like we're in the back half of the stretches of these finales. Two weeks ago we had Obi-Wan's finale then last week we have Stranger Things and this week it's The Boys then next week it's Ms. Marvel

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the supe with the massive python dong got killed so we never have to see him again

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
What a fantastic season. Went from just liking it to actually looking forward to this show.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
That final trailer did nothing for me. Hughie wanting to save especially those not even worth saying, the dude is all over the place this season.

I understand that is his purpose, ei character growth, yet him saying as much leaves my head shaking no, there are absolutely some people not worth saving.

We shall see how this ends soon, hope they nail the landing.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want the next season to have Sayian stand-ins show up.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of examining fatherhood on this show, so Butcher finding out he's going to be a dad for a supe kid is something I would expect them to do.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
Man look

I just became a Jensen Stan after missing out on the cult following for a decade don't do this to me Kripke, let the asshole of a homie live.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Where do we fall on Deep's psychic sealife connection?

On the one hand, a bunch of supes experience psychosis, likely as a side effect of Compound V. And Deep attributes human emotions and human names to sea creatures that they would not have; and it seems selective (why save one lobster and not all of them?).

On the other, we've seen him controlling a whale in what was definitely the show's reality, and possibly utilizing his connection to fish to find the needle in the haystack that was the cellphone on the crashed plane.

I honestly don't know. The behaviour and names could be his "translation" of animal impulses. If his brain somehow augments the psychic connection in a way he can relate to. It's much funnier if he does talk to fish (and sea mammals) for the Aquaman spoof. But also, it really, really feels like more glorious breaks with reality.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Where do we fall on Deep's psychic sealife connection?

On the one hand, a bunch of supes experience psychosis, likely as a side effect of Compound V. And Deep attributes human emotions and human names to sea creatures that they would not have; and it seems selective (why save one lobster and not all of them?).

On the other, we've seen him controlling a whale in what was definitely the show's reality, and possibly utilizing his connection to fish to find the needle in the haystack that was the cellphone on the crashed plane.

I honestly don't know. The behaviour and names could be his "translation" of animal impulses. If his brain somehow augments the psychic connection in a way he can relate to. It's much funnier if he does talk to fish (and sea mammals) for the Aquaman spoof. But also, it really, really feels like more glorious breaks with reality.

Nah I think Deep legit talks to them all and they all have enough cognition to have a full-on conversation with him. When he communicates with the lobster who then promptly has his brain caved in - a horrific scene for the viewer who loves seafood - they were really communicating.

This is also why the octopus love is totally consensual, as opposed to his interactions with humans.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
I forgot...do they ever explain why most of The Seven are pretty much always in costume? Black Noir is self-explanatory once you know his story, but what about everyone else?

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot...do they ever explain why most of The Seven are pretty much always in costume? Black Noir is self-explanatory once you know his story, but what about everyone else?
They don't really say but it's largely keeping up appearances and also serves as a double meaning when you realize which people you always see in costume and which ones you don't.

Maeve and Starlight for example, because they both become disillusioned with the reality behind the charade

They also live at the towers so it's assumed that they're pretty much "on" all the time in their roles.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
For most of them but I choose to believe Homelander is always wearing his suit cause he feels emotionally naked without it.

In the clip you posted above, Deep is wearing a trench coat over his costume, which, okay whatever. But then he still has the gloves on! Then again, he's a joke character, but I mean realistically, I would think that he would at least take off the gloves.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
See, I was a bit confused by that. I didn't discard the idea of him being brain-damaged, but one of the things the characters said, was that they helped him when he was young...as if they existed prior to the accident itself.
Yeah based on the erection comment he has always been a nut pretending to have it together.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Contractually obligated, probably.

This plus we see that supes are all narcists and so why wouldn't they wear the thing that gets everyone to recognize and worship them 24-7.

Yeah based on the erection comment he has always been a nut pretending to b sane.

I don't see how that comment makes him insane.
He got an erection in class like most kids do and was embarrassed. I don't think he was always insane. These were just childhood fantasy friends that became "real" when his bran got caved in.