• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 10, 2018
The Boys Season 3

Amazon Prime
June 3rd - July 8
Thursday Nights
8PM EST/5 PM PST

The-Boys-Season-3-Poster-Key-Art.jpg

FS5-E6-NUX0-Ag-M4ga.jpg

The-Boys-Season-3-Poster-the-boys-amazon-prime-video-44432161-1080-1350.jpg

FS5-Ew6n-Xw-AEe-Lx1.jpg

Season 3 begins June 3rd with an initial 3 episode drop, then weekly from there. There will be 8 episodes total similar to the previous 2 seasons.

Officially new episodes come out on Friday, unofficially they actually drop Thursday night around 8PM EST/5PM PST

Although the show is vastly different from the comic, no comic spoilers because we don't know where the show will end up.

The-Boys-Season-3-Entertainment-Weekly-Digital-Cover.gif

Season 3 Synopsis

It's been a year of calm. Homelander's subdued. Butcher works for the government, supervised by Hughie of all people. But both men itch to turn this peace and quiet into blood and bone. So when The Boys learn of a mysterious Anti-Supe weapon, it sends them crashing into the Seven, starting a war, and chasing the legend of the first Superhero: Soldier Boy

the-boys-season-3-poster.webp

The-Boys-Season-3-Payback-Poster.jpg

Teaser Trailer

Trailer

Main Cast
  • Karl Urban as Billy Butcher
  • Jack Quaid as Hughie Campbell
  • Antony Starr as Homelander
  • Erin Moriarty as Starlight
  • Dominique McElligott as Queen Maeve
  • Jessie T. Usher as A-Train
  • Laz Alonso as Mother's Milk
  • Chace Crawford as The Deep
  • Tomer Capon as Frenchie
  • Karen Fukuhara as The Female
  • Nathan Mitchell as Black Noir
  • Colby Minifie as Ashley Barrett
  • Claudia Doumit as Victoria Neuman
  • Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy

Supporting Cast
  • Aya Cash as Stormfront
  • Laila Robins as Grace Mallory
  • Giancarlo Esposito as Stan Edgar
  • Cameron Crovetti as Ryan Butcher
  • Langston Kerman as Eagle the Archer
  • Katia Winter as Little Nina
  • Sean Patrick Flanery as Gunpowder
  • Miles Gaston Villanueva as Supersonic
  • Nick Wechsler as Blue Hawk
  • Laurie Holden as Crimson Countess
  • Matthew Edison as Cameron Coleman
  • P.J. Byrne as Adam Bourke
  • Frances Turner as Monique
  • Kristen Booth as Tessa
  • Jack Doolan as Tommy

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm excited for this one, also I'm strangely terrified for that Herogasm episode.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
billy-butcher-smug-face.gif

I'm probably most curious about what they are doing with Black Noir. He's just always fun to watch and I'm interested to see what his deal is.

My guess has been that he's the son and personal soldier of Stan Edgar (Giancarlo)

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this is great. Season 1 is amazing, but I just finished season 2 and felt like it took a big nosedive. I'm hopeful that the way season 2 ended means we get a nice reset and won't have episode after episode of the heroes just being shit on. And maybe introduce some good mystery again. Everything about
who Stormfront was or which Supe is popping heads
did nothing for me. By the end of the season when they revealed the latter, I was like, "Oh...I forgot about that already..."

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I feel like 'Amazon Prime Original' should maybe be removed from the thread title (or at least the front of it). Makes it easy to pass by in the list of threads.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Man. This is probably a really unwelcome opinion, but while I did enjoy Season one and was so-so on Season two, I'm really not sure if I wanna deal again with this type of hyperviolent, brutal and horny/offensive/intentional disgusting vision of Super Heroes anymore.

It just.. I don't know man. The world changed, I guess, or I did.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Man. This is probably a really unwelcome opinion, but while I did enjoy Season one and was so-so on Season two, I'm really not sure if I wanna deal again with this type of hyperviolent, brutal and horny/offensive/intentional disgusting vision of Super Heroes anymore.

You're not alone. I think a lot of the violence from current events has worn me down.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Between this, Umbrella Academy and Ms Marvel that's a lot of superhero content to stomach in a short amount of time, really weird

May 25, 2019
London

This isn't the case for me, but I would also say that the "moment" in which Season 1 debuted was an era where MCU movies were dropping left and right and building up to something big. With the MCU still trying to find its footing in a post Endgame and No Way Home world, I don't think the 'fatigue' is there as much which makes this feel less refreshing and instead just purely violent.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very ready for this.
Girls do get it done!

I certainly hope they'll get way more done than last season.

- Starfire, Queen Maeve and Kimiko together weren't able to finish Stormfront (also quite lame to let 3 women fight 1 evil woman)
- Rebecca got killed by her own son (was at least able to poke Stormfronts eye out)
- Queen Maeve needed to use blackmail to finally overcome Homelander
- Maeve took Black Noir down (but only with a nut allergy and Starfire was almost killed by him)/ISPOILER]

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I like that they even called it Vought+ lol.

Disappointed that it's a weekly release. Maybe the last one was too, but I think I came in late. So this is me saying damn I'm hyped, but also see you in five weeks I guess.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
This, Stranger Things, and Obi Wan at the same time, with Better Call Saul in the mix too? TV is so good right now.
I certainly hope they'll get way more done than last season.

- Starfire, Queen Maeve and Kimiko together weren't able to finish Stormfront (also quite lame to let 3 women fight 1 evil woman)

- Rebecca got killed by her own son (was at least able to poke Stormfronts eye out)

- Queen Maeve needed to use blackmail to finally overcome Homelander

- Maeve took Black Noir down (but only with a nut allergy and Starfire was almost killed by him)/ISPOILER]
I mean if you expect this to end with a superhero punch-up you may be watching the wrong show lol.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I love this show because you can never quite tell what direction things will go in.

Something comedic happens and it immediately follows up with something horrifying.

I'm glad they didn't follow the graphic novel 1 to 1 as it goes a bit too far. But the TV show deconstructing superheroes is a better idea.

even more so in a world currently obsessed by them.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
this has to be one of the best 3 to 4 month periods ever for tv. the boys, barry, better call saul, peaky blinders, severance, moon knight, obi-wan, umbrella academy, slow horses..

hell, even the new star trek show is good

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
The Boys > MCU

Like, I love the Marvel stuff, but The Boys is basically the antithesis of that stuff. It's "gritty" without feeling tryhard. It's ultra violent in a way that makes sense. The fact that they're able to make A Train and The Deep sympathetic characters is crazy. Hell, even deep down you feel pity for Homelander, despite him being a murderous sociopath.

I tried the comics, but those are fucking edge lord beyond belief.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for The Deep piling up more L's

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This, Stranger Things, and Obi Wan at the same time, with Better Call Saul in the mix too? TV is so good right now.

I mean if you expect this to end with a superhero punch-up you may be watching the wrong show lol.

You think so? There're enough brawls in the last season. Would be cool to see Queen Maeve, Kimiko or Starlight getting a bigger win for once. Hopefully this opportunity isn't reserved for Jensen Ackles's character.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
You think so? There're enough brawls in the last season. Would be cool to see Queen Maeve, Kimiko or Starlight getting a bigger win for once. Hopefully this opportunity isn't reserved for Jensen Ackles's character.
I think the writers telegraphed that as not being the way they'll win though, particularly with so many of the scenes you mentioned ending in disaster. Seems like Butcher's powers aren't going to be super good for him either.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the writers telegraphed that as not being the way they'll win though, particularly with so many of the scenes you mentioned ending in disaster. Seems like Butcher's powers aren't going to be super good for him either.

And that's a good side of this series.

I just think it wouldn't hurt to let a woman win a big fight from time to time without the need of a trick. Ideally a fight against an important male character. Including disastrous comeuppances.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I remember feeling mixed on was that AoC stand-in turning out to be the villain, otherwise I enjoyed S2 quite a bit, looking forward to this

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a recap? I totally forgot the last seasons ending except them beating the shit out of the hot nazi supe

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Boys > MCU

Like, I love the Marvel stuff, but The Boys is basically the antithesis of that stuff. It's "gritty" without feeling tryhard. It's ultra violent in a way that makes sense. The fact that they're able to make A Train and The Deep sympathetic characters is crazy. Hell, even deep down you feel pity for Homelander, despite him being a murderous sociopath.

I tried the comics, but those are fucking edge lord beyond belief.
Agree completely. And I actually care about the characters in the boys. Could care less what happens to marvel superheroes. Except maybe captain America

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this season quite a bit. As I said in the trailer thread, the way this show turns the genre conventions upside down and subverts superhero archetypes is brilliant.

Add in the the sociopolitical commentary and deconstruction of neoliberalism, capitalism and industrial complexes and it's a package that works on so many levels.

this has to be one of the best 3 to 4 month periods ever for tv. the boys, barry, better call saul, peaky blinders, severance, moon knight, obi-wan, umbrella academy, slow horses..

hell, even the new star trek show is good
It's a pretty good period for television, yep. A lot of that has to do with COVID kind of compacting the release schedule of a lot of things that have seen long hiatuses.

Hard to say though as some of those shows like Moon Knight and Obi-Wan don't really belong on that list with things like House of the Dragon and Lord of the Rings which are still yet to come out and Better Call Saul, Stranger Things, Prehistoric Planet, Ozark, The Boys, Peaky Blinders, Severance and others that have come out recently.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Recently rewatched S1 and 2, I'm ready.

And then I binged Invincible in a single weekend after hearing about it in the thread about the upcoming S3 of The Boyz 👀

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Looking forward to this being back this week. Will be interesting to see if it can take the crown as the best comic book series released this year from Peacemaker imo.

OP
OP
HeartlessNobody2134
May 10, 2018
From the title of the first episode, I can imagine it's going to give us an introduction to the new characters this season and according to Eric Kripke the first 15 minutes is supposed to be crazy.

Then we get a 1 on 1 between Butcher and Homelander.

194035.jpg

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
Was explaing to my wife the scene set in Prison in season 2 with the guy with the errrrr giant dick ,needles to say you really have to watch it to appreciate it 😁

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty good period for television, yep. A lot of that has to do with COVID kind of compacting the release schedule of a lot of things that have seen long hiatuses.

Hard to say though as some of those shows like Moon Knight and Obi-Wan don't really belong on that list with things like House of the Dragon and Lord of the Rings which are still yet to come out and Better Call Saul, Stranger Things, Prehistoric Planet, Ozark, The Boys, Peaky Blinders, Severance and others that have come out recently.
yeah moon knight wasnt as good as some of the others on that list but i thought it was still really enjoyable. ethan hawke and oscar isaac both killed it

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely looking forward to the show, except the AoC villain part. I hope that shit is done away quick in the introduction or something.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I'm sooo excited. Most anticipated show for me.

I am curious about where they take the A-Train storyline. Not sure where else they can take his character

OP
OP
HeartlessNobody2134
May 10, 2018
From browsing twitter, it looks like reviews will be out tomorrow and if the release schedule is like last time, the episodes should be out later that night.

In the meantime.

GQ%20Hype%20Boys.jpg

Last edited: