• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
EW: Stormfront strikes The Boys in exclusive season 2 first look

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty curious to see what direction they go with her. She's obviously quite different from her comic counterpart, but it also seems clear she has some sort of nefarious agenda that is likely going to fuck things up.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always impressed with child actors that can do subtle emotional cues with their faces. That not quite smug look at the end of the video is juuuust the right amount of creepy that makes me say "yup. That's Homelander."

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Just binged on this show ever the weekend. Overall super enjoyable show. Felt like the last 3 episodes weren't as great as the start. Kinda lost that "kinetic" energy and edge the beginning episodes had. Some of the plot seemed to falter a bit then sped up way too quick in the last two episodes. Seemed like a lot happening offscreen that shoulda been shown cuz the jump in logic was bit much.
Didn't see that twist at the end even though it was telegraphed pretty obviously if you looked hard enough.
Looking forward to season 2.
Also Homelander stoll many of the scenes to be fair though some of the cast lacked the gravitas he had...well up until the end where he seemed to have an onscreen match.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Just saw this in a couple of sittings, great show and the first Prime show i watch in full, can't wait for season two

OP
OP
FaceHugger

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So we probably need a new (and better) OT for season 2 right? I suck at Photoshop / GIMP / Affinity and think this show definitely deserves better than what I cranked out.

Edit: sorry I meant for the upcoming season

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Renewed for S3

Also,

Friends star and former co-host of CBS' The Talk Aisha Tyler will host and exec produce The Boys aftershow Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys, featuring members of the cast, creative team and other special guests.

deadline.com

‘The Boys’ Renewed At Amazon For Season 3, Streamer Sets Aisha Tyler-Hosted Aftershow – Comic-Con@Home

The Boys are coming back for a third season at Amazon and the streamer has added an aftershow series ahead of the launch of season two.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Nice! Looking forward to season 2, and 3... in the far future when it can be filmed without COVID lol

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finished season 1 of this and it was great but what still sticks in my head from the season
Popclaw killing her landlord by sitting on his face and squashing it. Like I'll be 100% I love getting my face sat on and that scene doesn't change that but man my jaw dropped from that sequence.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I started watching this recently and I'm liking it so far. But I'm really bothered by the French guy's accent. And he keeps mumbling nonsense. Couldn't they cast an actual actor from France? Or at least use Google translate?

Last edited:

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Yeah, it was a bit tough. I couldn't figure out though if he was actually supposed to look like he was eventually enjoying it or not. Yuck.
I thought it was rather clear he wasn't? Didn't the girl who did it do it as kind of a retributory act because of the sexual harassment allegations that were brought up against him, in a kind of "see what it feels like, prick?" sense? At least that's how I read the scene.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I thought it was rather clear he wasn't? Didn't the girl who did it do it as kind of a retributory act because of the sexual harassment allegations that were brought up against him, in a kind of "see what it feels like, prick?" sense? At least that's how I read the scene.

I thought that the intent of the scene was that she was a crazed fan girl, with the sexual violation of his gills being a kind of karmic justice for what he did to Annie.

It's a total reversal of the power dynamic that he took advantage of at the start of the season, where at the start he took advantage over a confessed fan the fan later has control and dominance over him.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Oh yeah, I totally get what the scene was going for with what happened earlier with Annie. Just during the scene I was thinking "This dude has superpowers, if he actually wanted this girl to back the fuck up, he could've easily done that."

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of reviews came in yesterday. I want to go in blind, but figured I'd post some in case others wanted to read them. They seem overwhelmingly positive:
collider.com

The Boys Season 2 Review: Unsubtle, Grotesque, Gory, Glorious

The Season 2 return of Amazon's ultra-violent ultra-fun superhero satire 'The Boys' only expands upon the universe established in Season 1.
www.techradar.com

The Boys is still the best superhero show on TV in season 2

Our take on The Boys' first three episodes
www.forbes.com

Amazon’s ‘The Boys’ Season 2 Is Reviewing Even Better Than Season 1

The Boys season 2 is shaping up to be another massive hit for Amazon, according to early reviews.
www.yahoo.com

The Boys season 2 review: The girls of the show get the attention they deserve

It has (so far) fixed its past mistake...
www.syfy.com

So is Season 2 of 'The Boys' bigger, bolder, bloodier and better? Critics say 'Hell yes'

Can Billy Butcher and the gang top themselves in Season 2 of The Boys? Reviews are coming in for Amazon’s hit show, and so far, that’d be a resounding “yes.”
www.denofgeek.com

The Boys Season 2 Review (Spoiler Free)

New supes and dysfunctional family histories anchor The Boys season 2, which has viewers constantly wondering who they should root for.
tv.avclub.com

The Boys are back, badass, and even better in dark and timely season 2

As a whole, the second season of The Boys is a solid improvement on the first: Smarter, sharper, and more engaged with its stories and characters.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
How would you guys compare this show to HBO's Watchmen? Does it twist the superhero genre in a similar way?

Probably gonna dive in before S2 starts!