• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I think because they showed the birth in flashback, I didn't really question it that much, so finding out they were alive was a bit of a surprise. Did Mesmer say that his wife had been seen before Butcher killed him? I feel like he might have.

I was fairly sure there where something about the kid... but then the wife as well...

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So regarding Homelander,
when his lover/boss/momish/can't remember name mentioned Edgar he seemed scared.... why so

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Also he's an ass and he deserves it all but the deep is oddly endearing , or should I say he's an interesting character , he's fun to follow , watching his Trainwreck was awesome

This post sort of points out something that I'm not seeing enough talk of. All the antagonists in The Boys are horrible pieces of shit but you still want to see their story progress. I've always disliked action films because the villain is almost always someone you want to punch in the face every time they're on screen and I'm sat there waiting to get back to the likable hero. I could watch The Deep, Homelander, Stillwell, Mauve etc all day though. It takes some damn fine acting/writing to pull that off.

Nov 28, 2017
I just heard about The Boys yesterday, and I binged it all in 12 hours, well, I'm about to do the last episode now.
Excellent show, I did not expect to love it this much. Maybe because I hate superhero films and never watch them, so this Supes as villains story tickles my fancy.
Also, excellent casting, all the characters are so well matched to actors.
And I love the soundtrack as well, whoever is picking the music is a genius.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've tried to watch a few shows on Prime and nothing really grabs me except the Expanse and a repeat of a show I really like.

Roll up this show, finally. Half way through, pretty good stuff.

Last edited:

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to watch a couple episodes a day...yeah right, binged the whole thing already. Now I can't wait until season 2.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Homelander is fucking terrifying.
6XBSEX1.gif

He really is.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Loved this show! Binged it practically nonstop. Felt like I was watching an Elseworlds Justice League show. Can't wait for more

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished, all the characters were great, awesome cast too.

Need more.

And also, fuck the comics. Shit was unbearable to read after a few issues.

For those that have seen Starr work for the first time or in some limited capacity, watch Banshee.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Also as someone who only just finished Banshee I'm really glad to see Antony Starr in something else!

Holy fuck, I did not recognize him. I was going to google the actor because his face was somewhat familiar, but I couldn't make the connection. I think that the beard threw me off.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm almost done with episode 6 and this show keeps getting better and better. I mean it's one thing to give us a super hero show that actually villianizes them, that's a nice change but I wasn't expecting what seems to be a critique of Capitalism and insulated institutions as well.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I finished the season. God damn, what a final episode. The last ten minutes leave the story in a truly interesting place. I'm glad this series has been renewed.

The cast is top notch. All of the characters and actors are so good. I like how this show hasn't done the dumb thing of throwing characters away for cheap drama. Any number of them could have been killed off by hacky writing, but no, the story respects what they bring to the mix, and follows more sophisticated impulses.

I expected to be entertained by a crass and schlocky, kinda bro-ish show. Superheroes who swear and fuck and kill, haha! These aren't your daddy's Marvel heroes! But the Boys earnestly takes on the grave implications of amoral, deeply damaged superbeings: what they might do, the broken people they leave in their wake, and how people of conscience deal with their shit -- all without sacrificing any of the entertainment value of the high concept premise.

The Boys seriously digs into these ethical themes at the same time we get to witness a team pep talk about the Spice Girls, see some truly badass and brutal bursts of action, and watch rapey fishboy's tragicomic meathead misadventures.

This show is something special. I binged it in two days and now I can't wait for more.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the season. God damn, what a final episode. The last ten minutes leave the story in a truly interesting place. I'm glad this series has been renewed.

The cast is top notch. All of the characters and actors are so good. I like how this show hasn't done the dumb thing of throwing characters away for cheap drama. Any number of them could have been killed off by hacky writing, but no, the story respects what they bring to the mix, and follows more sophisticated impulses.

I expected to be entertained by a crass and schlocky, kinda bro-ish show. Superheroes who swear and fuck and kill, haha! These aren't your daddy's Marvel heroes! But the Boys earnestly takes on the grave implications of amoral, deeply damaged superbeings: what they might do, the broken people they leave in their wake, and how people of conscience deal with their shit -- all without sacrificing any of the entertainment value of the high concept premise.

The Boys seriously digs into these ethical themes at the same time we get to witness a team pep talk about the Spice Girls, see some truly badass and brutal bursts of action, and watch rapey fishboy's tragicomic meathead misadventures.

This show is something special. I binged it in two days and now I can't wait for more.
Even the spice girl pep talk ultimately has a poignant payoff.

Deleted member 59

Binged this in less than 24 hours, did not expect that. When i watched the trailer a while back i thought it looked too OTT for the hell of it and didn't like Urban doing a British accent

Show was fantastic. Storyline that was interesting and had a great finale and a Really strong cast to, Starr as Homelander was as good as he was terrifying!

Glad to hear a second season is a certainty.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I saw that ending coming but it still left me feeling like I got punched in the gut, big oof. Homelander is such a merciless and cold bastard, I fucking loved it.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I binged it all last night. Wow. It's really elevated over the source material. Maybe the best show of 2019 so far?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Good to hear. I'm not against disturbing content in a story like this. The book seemed to revel in it too much. Not a huge fan of Ennis' harder-edged stuff.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seven episodes in, English, and had no idea that Karl Urban was even attempting an English accent. Come back Dick Van Dyke, all is forgiven.

Last edited:

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Black Noir reminded me of Overkill and makes me sad The Tick was cancelled. Season 2 started to get a bit into similar territory and looked to maybe do more so if it continued, I wonder if that had a bit to do with them cancelling it.