• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
luke: *gives gogurt ptsd flashbacks* *makes him jump and run around despite his race not being physically agile and yoda not doing any of that stuff in the OT* *praises him for blowing up a training remote even though violence is not the way of the force or whatever* *makes gogurt, a LITERAL INFANT WHO IS STILL IN DIAPERS, choose between his family and his training (and even if it was "just a test" it's still shitty)* *doesn't let him see his dad for literally no reason* nailed it

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
luke addering tot he old ways makes sense,

he needs to fall hard so he can be the bitter old man we all love in TLJ

I feel Luke would feel harder having his own way, aware of the mistake s of the past , fail miserably

To me The problem is actually the Jedi super fanboy "I was wrong" ghost Luke of TROS.

He wasn't wrong in TLJ. He wasn't wrong in ROTJ, Ahsoka is not wrong in her views either.

But JJ couldn't have "The Jedi aren't perfect" stick because prequels are icky.

With that said, there's quite a bit of "Challenging Dogmas" themes in this SW era, so I'll wait and see

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
luke: *gives gogurt ptsd flashbacks* *makes him jump and run around despite his race not being physically agile and yoda not doing any of that stuff in the OT* *praises him for blowing up a training remote even though violence is not the way of the force or whatever* *makes gogurt, a LITERAL INFANT WHO IS STILL IN DIAPERS, choose between his family and his training (and even if it was "just a test" it's still shitty)* *doesn't let him see his dad for literally no reason* nailed it

Maybe he'll do a better job with Ben Solo? 🤷‍♂️

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

when did he reject the jedi old ways??

when he did not kill vader? or there is a comic somewhere?

Yeah, ROTJ.

Both Yoda and Obi-Wan insist on him letting go his feelings for Vader and as they would say it "Do what he must".

Luke puts down his weapon, and is actually the love of a father, and the love of a son, attachment to your family, what saves the day.

Filoni knows this and has said so to our face,

so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, specially because this era seems to be all about challenging Dogma. And Filoni has done just that with Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
It's a Western thing
No shit, sherlock :')

It's just the combination of this 'mysterious gunslinger' trope with a first showing of known character in a show/TV universe that has gone hard on these kind of reveals before that made that moment feel weird for me. It's the western trope but it also feels like it's supposed to be an 'oh shit! it's Bane!' moment.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they made a mini-training course that was Grogu sized.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017

when did he reject the jedi old ways??

when he did not kill vader? or there is a comic somewhere?
The "no attachments" thing is thrown out the window when it comes to Luke's family.

It's just the combination of this 'mysterious gunslinger' trope with a first showing of known character in a show/TV universe that has gone hard on these kind of reveals before that made that moment feel weird for me. It's the western trope but it also feels like it's supposed to be an 'oh shit! it's Bane!' moment.
Yeah it's both. Not sure why you even need to ask.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

its a "oh shit" moment for people who knows, it is a dramatic reveal for people who doesn't

that's all

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its a "oh shit" moment for people who knows, it is a dramatic reveal for people who doesn't

that's all
u know
thats-it-yes-thats-it.gif

u don't know
hes-the-bad-guy-villain.gif

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
They really should have cast someone to play younger Luke. "Someone" being Sebastian Stan.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I never said it was during airing. I said it was during watching dailies or perhaps even during the script phase.

You really think Disney is hands-off and watching this show as it airs along with us?
Well Mando season 2 was a setup for Book of Boba Fett. And that is now a setup for Mando season 3. Which will probably lead into something else.
Kinda what the Marvel movies do. It's all interconnected and should be viewed as a whole.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That never fails to amuse me. George actually acts pretty well in it.

Having said that, I still want Mara Jade back. She can teach Luke to have an attachment for a few years and when she checks out, he can become bitter, old hermit Luke who is back to "no attachments"

I feel the same way about Mara. It feels like a win/win as getting her in would help push Luke towards where he is in the sequel trilogy and she's the biggest EU character to not have shown up yet (not counting the KOTOR cast, who are a bit of a special circumstance).

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Well Mando season 2 was a setup for Book of Boba Fett. And that is now a setup for Mando season 3. Which will probably lead into something else.
Kinda what the Marvel movies do. It's all interconnected and should be viewed as a whole.
Oh, I don't mind, I was ready to drop the show until the complete pivot. It's gotten to the point where I was sad when they showed Mando arriving at Jabba's palace.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Don't agree with that casting choice but they do really need to get past their cgi face phase and hire real actors they can work with on the spot to adopt old roles and open better opportunities for the future.

Solo bombing has clearly put Disney right off of that idea.

In all honesty, once Mandoverse is done, I would rather Star Wars be in a place where recasting and deep fakes aren't needed, because we will be in new eras with new characters.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While this episode 100% delivered with Raylan, Grogu, Ahsoka and CAD FUCKIN BANE...

I feel like Luke's going a bit hard on this fucking baby lmao

-blastin' him
-keeping his dad away
-resurfaces his greatest trauma
-terrorizing the frogs
-talkin shit' "that all you got?"
-the attachment stuff

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Solo bombing has clearly put Disney right off of that idea.

In all honesty, once Mandoverse is done, I would rather Star Wars be in a place where recasting and deep fakes aren't needed, because we will be in new eras with new characters.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Just jump like a thousand years after The Rise of Skywalker and tell new stories with new characters. That's how you do a soft reboot.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also I love that Raylan Givens is so fucking cool that they just said "nah dude, don't change a damn thing"

Jan 20, 2022
I'm only a casual Star Wars fan so maybe y'all can help me out.

Is there an in universe reason Luke's line delivery is so flat and emotionless?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know who it was teasing as the jedi in the middle during grogus flashback scene? I feel like I recognise the hair

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I'm only a casual Star Wars fan so maybe y'all can help me out.

Is there an in universe reason Luke's line delivery is so flat and emotionless?
in universe nope.

out of universe it's because the tech isn't good enough to deep fake a wide range of expressions, so they either don't show his face when he delivers lines, or keep his lines short and sweet and to the point.

I kind of like business-jedi Luke.

Jan 20, 2022
in universe nope.

out of universe it's because the tech isn't good enough to deep fake a wide range of expressions, so they either don't show his face when he delivers lines, or keep his lines short and sweet and to the point.

I kind of like business-jedi Luke.
Gotcha. I thought the CGI on Luke was way better in this episode than Mando S2. But the line delivery really distracted me and if the deepfake technology is limiting them then I would prefer they just cast an actor to play Luke.

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
Is anyone else seeing parallels between Luke and Daniel LaRusso?

I.e. "my sensei was sooooo cool and imma be wise and clever just like him" (fucks it up)

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Last episode will be Boba's redemption, from goober to badass, it's been set up like that, he'll ride the rancor, pew pew a lot of fodder too and he'll win against Cad Bane in the final showdown, this have now been telegraphed.
Some people will fall in love again with Boba after the final episode, other will complain about why didn't they make him like this from episode one of his own show.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Anybody else feel like this was a pilot episode for that rumored tales of the jedi series?

bespinbulletin.com

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi leaked via Lucasfilm crew gifts - Bespin Bulletin

An unknown Star Wars projected dubbed, Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi, featured on a Lucasfilm crew gift has appeared on Imgur.

I suspect that the series finale will have a post-credit scene announcing Tales of the Jedi, similar to how Book of Boba Fett was announced.

He sucks. He sucks as a criminal, he sucks as leader, he sucks as a guest character.

And fuck Jim Cummings and his fucking "teehee accents are funny!" bullshit.

That has sod all to do with Cummings though. It's a problem with direction. One of the reasons I hate The Clone Wars is because of the parade of stereotypical accents from the same handful of voice actors.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I think we needed a time skip or something. Baby Yoda was cute and all, but this episode just came off as weird with Grogu being given a life changing choice while still looking and acting like an infant. At the very least, I think he should have talked in this episode. Do something to show that he's mature enough to be given this choice.

Anyone know who it was teasing as the jedi in the middle during grogus flashback scene? I feel like I recognise the hair

I think they would have been less subtle about it if they were supposed to be any specific characters. I think they were just random Jedi.

Jul 16, 2020

My wife has no idea who Cad Bane is, and the way the character was presented was perfect for her. Just the slow reveal of such a wild character design was exciting for her. I don't think it was all about how it would play for fans of the cartoons.

Oct 28, 2017
There's a big big conversation that has happened between Luke and Ashoka. I, and every other Star Wars fan, needs to see this conversation. They can't let that thread hang out there. Hopefully we see it in the Ahsoka show.

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie I had a smile the entire time.

I was so happy to see Luke and the little green fucker again. Almost teared up when Mando left without seeing him, but it appears they'll reunite very soon lol.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Boba Fett story has been told so poorly lol

It seems the skimirsh against the Pykes will be the "climax" of the show, but we barely know anything about them to get any remotely excited for it, or either Boba has been enough involved with it for us to cheer for him. And it's 2 chapters that the story hasn't moved any bit either. Thankfully the unrelated stuff has been a lot more interesting than Boba story's itself, but still...