• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
The new face is better but now they have to work on the speech. Almost it feels like text to speech app doing the dialogue.

Also, was Max Rebo there during the explosion?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Is this about to be the most viewed episode/show on Disney+? I was not expecting Luke or more Mando. I can't remember when a show has done a complete 180 like this, it's become far more interesting towards the end.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
You cant just have Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano together in a scene and not explain how they met! Ahsoka looks good for being 20 years older than Luke.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Aw... I liked Timothy Oliphants Marshall

I thought he was a goner when Cad showed up. That his death would spark Freetown/Pelgo into joining Boba Fett. But watching it again, it seems he is hit in the shoulder. Pretty sure he is gonna make it, but the death of his deputy (who is most definitely fucking dead) is what makes them join up.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Is this about to be the most viewed episode/show on Disney+? I was not expecting Luke or more Mando. I can't remember when a show has done a complete 180 like this, it's become far more interesting towards the end.

Star Wars is no stranger to this with it's animated shows.

If Filoni had a hand in the finale this show will develop the Boba Fett character from TCW the way he intended.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Few more thoughts,
With Cad Bane being here and the show being flashback central could we possibly have this moment recreated in live action?
Cad could make a comment to Boba about his helmet.

Also this is the first time we get live action clones
Ahsoka was hanging with R2 again and she's around for Luke building his Jedi Academy.
We're getting a Jedi Academy show at some point right? Lol.

Ahsoka comparing Grogu to Anakin in the face of Luke was a bit weird.

Thought she compared Luke to Anakin?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
You cant just have Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano together in a scene and not explain how they met! Ahsoka looks good for being 20 years older than Luke.
Well also, aliens. They age differently so that shouldn't be considered. But I don't know if Luke would've asked about his father. He had closure and knew he was good so it might be like opening a wound?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Why does Grogu has to chose between the two? Lol time to start questioning the Jedi way

can i just add how bizarre it is that luke is expecting an infant to have the emotional & intellectual capacity to properly make such a life-changing choice.

like, does he think it's ok to make kids choose between being a jedi or being with their loved ones?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
The new face is better but now they have to work on the speech. Almost it feels like text to speech app doing the dialogue.

Yeah, the face is a massive improvement. I think the voice sounds good too but it seems like there's a limit to the range that it can show. Like, Luke's tone is pretty consistent no matter what he's saying. No real whispering or raising his voice. It wasn't too bad in the context of this episode but they will need to work on it if Luke is going to appear more often.

Also, I'm pretty sure Rebo was not in the cantina. I was looking for him. He survives another explosion!

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Because Luke kinda forgot he rejected that shit himself because we have to keep continuity with the Sequel Trilogy.
It's still weird to see OT deepfake Luke act like sequel trilogy Luke though, you could retcon the change by showing the journey of Luke returning to the old Jedi ways, but it would work better if it was an older Luke rather than a Luke that looks like he walked straight off of the Ewok party to come get Grogu.

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Grogu has to chose between the two? Lol time to start questioning the Jedi way
Really, nobody has the reference? I posted it two pages ago and it's not like they're hiding it.
"Choose the sword and you will join me.
Choose the ball and you'll join your mother, in death."

Thought she compared Luke to Anakin?
Maybe.
St3hooV.jpg

NTTgXHU.jpg

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the two most recent episodes shows that not every character needs to have their own show. I hope Boba just appears in cameos in Mando season 3. He's just not as interesting as the other characters.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
It's still weird to see OT deepfake Luke act like sequel trilogy Luke though, you could retcon the change by showing the journey of Luke returning to the old Jedi ways, but it would work better if it was an older Luke rather than a Luke that looks like he walked straight off of the Ewok party to come get Grogu.

It's even weirder now that Ahsoka is RIGHT THERE.

The most "Fuck'em Jedi" character possible.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Luke looks better than in season 2, but still not great in some scenes. His voice is still bad, though. Too emotionless. I'd prefer just recasting him.

Also, give him a new hair style! It looks terrible. 😅

Not sure about him adhering to the Jedi ways with attachments. He talks about not being sure of himself and his teaching, but I don't know if him sticking to that was supposed to be negative. We'll see, I guess.

Kinda laughed at Luke saying it was good when Grogu blew up the target thing. What happened to no aggression? 😂😂

I liked seeing him and Grogu fist bump, though. 😂

Disappointed Ahsoka and Luke already know each other and have talked about Anakin to each other. That was what I was most interested in seeing the two of them meet.

Cad Bane appearing was awesome. One of my favorite Clone Wars characters. Hope they don't kill him off next week. Would suck for his death to be in an episode directed by Rodriguez.

Oct 28, 2017
This was an ICONIC episode of Star Wars. Wow. Didn't expect these character appearances.

They've really improved Luke. I think they still need to work on the voice parts a little but this is much improved from the end of Mando season 2

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Because Luke kinda forgot he rejected that shit himself because we have to keep continuity with the Sequel Trilogy.

And the comics have shown us it's very hard to do without getting caught up in its retcon fest
Luke talks to Ahsoka before about how he is unsure if Grogu actually wants to train and become a Jedi. That choice scene is more an extention of that, than it is about a Jedi not being allowed to have attachments.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I wouldn't mind if the actor for Luke just used his real voice. I don't think I need an exact 1:1 here.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Luke's acting/adr was terrible. So very stiff and wooden. Everything just felt off.

Also what was up with cowboy dude? They framed it like we where supposed to know who he was when he showed his eyes.

Otherwise, good episode.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Luke's acting/adr was terrible. So very stiff and wooden. Everything just felt off.

Also what was up with cowboy dude? They framed it like we where supposed to know who he was when he showed his eyes.

Otherwise, good episode.
Cad Bane from the Clone Wars and Bad Batch. Best bounty hunter of that era and mentored Boba for a bit in some unaired episodes.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Otherwise, good episode.

Cad Bane from The Clone Wars, which at this point is required viewing.

You were supposed to recognize his sweet voice, that's why the shot emphasizes every word coming out of his mouth before he revealed his face

cad-bane-star-wars.gif

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. Huge improvement on Luke's face which was incredibly off-putting for me in the Mando S2 finale

It's too bad they're continuing to write Jedi as a group of friendless monks. Really writing themselves into a corner there. They already told the one interesting story you can do with it. It's...so...boring.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
The Cad Bane eye reveal was so fucking weird, as if the underside of his face and his silhouet didn't tell us already who it was

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Rebo seemed to be conspicuously missing, thank god.

The speech was weird, but I liked it. I thought they'd never bring Luke back due to the expense but he's here better than ever, I imagine they'll fix it for next time.

I'm holding out hope we get an animated series about the OT Trio at some point so they can explore stuff like this without worrying about budget and availability. Han, Luke, and Leia post ROTJ being icons for an event series would be fantastic.

This episode felt nigh perfect but I wish we got more Boba these last two episodes. I wonder if it was a Doctor Who situation where they realised they couldn't have Temuera in every episode so they did these two, but it's weird we haven't really gotten a full blown Boba Fett being awesome in his armor scene yet and we're near the end. And presumably it'll be a showcase.

Bane bringing up the Empire is something I hope is more important. Boba hasn't really shown any remorse for what he did for them, and the lack of it could be an interesting bit of drama for later on even if he's otherwise trying to be better.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
luke addering tot he old ways makes sense,

he needs to fall hard so he can be the bitter old man we all love in TLJ

And the comics have shown us it's very hard to do without getting caught up in its retcon fest

when did he reject the jedi old ways??

when he did not kill vader? or there is a comic somewhere?