• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
theres a weird disconnect between him doing the whole Dances With Wolves thing with the Tuskens and him wanting to become a big bad crime boss.

no there is isn't

the tusken were killed because of a big bad crime boss, they stand out for themselves and they were anihilated.

do you really cannot connect the points to boba wanting to be the crime boss so those useless killings are gone?

is like if kevin costner character in dance with wolves became president of the united states and creates the reservation program for native american people, and you started asking , BUT WHY?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So far this show isn't really doing it for me. Boba comes across as barely competent a lot of the time, and they haven't done a good enough job with his motivations - theres a weird disconnect between him doing the whole Dances With Wolves thing with the Tuskens and him wanting to become a big bad crime boss.

Have they also just completely glossed over the Empire collapsing? Its suggested he spent years with the Tuskens?

He doesn't want to be big bad crime boss.

He basically wants to unionize Bounty Hunting. He feels like they are just used as pawns for petty squabbles and now wants to have a crime organization that protects and respects the workers.

Boba is a Commie Republican Nightmare

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
He doesn't want to be big bad crime boss.

He basically wants to unionize Bounty Hunting. He feels like they are just used as pawns for petty squabbles and now to have a crime organization that protects and respects the workers.

Boba is a Commie Republican Nightmare
I think he's going to reform the Bounty Hunters Guild and have it be stationed in Jabba's old palace.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I haven't read thru the whole thread - but after he spent half the episode trying to get back his armor, and then it just is magically back in a quick supercut, even though I know he got it back in the Mandolorian episodes; And then he just walks up and blasts Bib Fortuna and that was the end of the whole thing, I cant be the only one who thought it was extremely lame right? It was just completely pointless.

I want to like this show but its just so goddamn stupid.

We literally saw every relevant part of his armor quest already except whatever tipped him off to Cobb having it. Him killing Bib is the last thing we saw him do in Mando and is relevant in the present tense as how Bib runs things comes up during the meeting afterwards.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
We literally saw every relevant part of his armor quest already except whatever tipped him off to Cobb having it. Him killing Bib is the last thing we saw him do in Mando and is relevant in the present tense as how Bib runs things comes up during the meeting afterwards.
I don't recall that scene in Mando where he kills Bib, maybe I missed it?
But if other viewers like me have missed it, maybe it shouldn't just be assumed you have seen it because otherwise it just seems like a huge build up to infiltrate Bib's palace and then it ends up just being "HEY BOBA! =D *blasts* /dead

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
But if other viewers like me have missed it, maybe it shouldn't just be assumed you have seen it because otherwise it just seems like a huge build up to infiltrate Bib's palace and then it ends up just being "HEY BOBA! =D *blasts* /dead
It was the post credit scene of the season 2 finale.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

It was a post credits scene of Mando.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Every question about how he did a thing is explained with a "he did that thing" haha, what purpose does showing us how he retreived his lost stuff when there's not some cool story attached to it.

I love it but all of it could have been told by boba around a camp fire while we see a quick montage in one episode.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
His new outlook that going solo is weakness and you need a tribe to be strong. You know, as he explicitly said in the episode. That doesn't really match flying a ship named for slavery.

He wants to be a crime lord but not based on fear but respect. Slave 1 feels kind of feary in the minds of others. I definitely see how you want to change things up you don't go immediately back to what you were doing before.

book of bobba fett invented the "honorable thief" trope, apparently, that this is new to you

The honorable thief that sells a highly addictive drug mined for slave mines? Because that was the "respect" he was about with the Tuskens.

Sorry, but you can't be an "honorable" crime lord. What is he going to do? Outlaw slavery? Outlaw the sex slave trade? Outlaw illegal drugs? What about protection rackets, what will he do when businesses don't want to pay? What does he do to gamblers that can't pay their loans back? Or really anyone that takes out a loan and can't pay? Will he only allow smuggling of safe goods and not anything like people or drugs or weapons or stolen cultural artifacts?

Yes, I can see how this "honorable" crime lord would not want a ship named Slave I while living on a planet where slavery is legal.

Big difference between a "thief" and a fucking crime boss. Enfys Nest were honorable thieves, Boba Fett is not.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
So Mando new look/armor variation will debut in this show or in his own show season 3?
New action figure must be made so he will look different, the question is where will they show his new looks?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Boba didn't rename the Slave-1, this is simply the name Slave-1 being retconned out of the franchise. It was never the Slave-1 in the current canon.
Has the Slave 1 name actually ever been used in a movie or TV series? I saw some articles claiming it was ever only in comics and guidebooks.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
"I'm looking for The Millenium Falcon"

"The what now?"

"A worn down Corellian YT-1300f light freighter"

"Oh gotcha"

I don't see how a line like that would be necessary, you should default to the type of ship and not the name you gave it lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Boba didn't rename the Slave-1, this is simply the name Slave-1 being retconned out of the franchise. It was never the Slave-1 in the current canon.
Has the Slave 1 name actually ever been used in a movie or TV series? I saw some articles claiming it was ever only in comics and guidebooks.

I would imagine the only place in the modern canon it could have been named would have been if it'd been name checked in that episode of Clone Wars it'd wound up in, or if it was in some Visual Guide recently. I've only ever seen it in comics and games, and toys personally.

TheWraith

Oct 28, 2017
no there is isn't

the tusken were killed because of a big bad crime boss, they stand out for themselves and they were anihilated.

do you really cannot connect the points to boba wanting to be the crime boss so those useless killings are gone?

Because Boba Fett was never a hero? Him being mysterious and having no morals was exactly why the character was so popular all these years. The deliberate attempt in making him some kind of hero just flys in the face of any fan expectation.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Afaik it's name is never dropped in the movies or shows.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This show is goofy and fun. Probably enjoying this the the most of any star wars thing since The Last Jedi.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I just started watching the episode thinking about how Fennec had been completely underserved despite being positioned as Boba's right hand woman from the start. Some of that is because of all the time spent in the flashbacks, but even in the present she has had few lines and development.

It's good that the showrunners saw this as well and gave her a more focal role this episode.

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting some The Last Jedi #notmyluke vibes from all these complaints.
Nah, changing a character against the audience's expectations or wants isn't at all bad, but the wildly inconsistent tone of the presentation of it all is a problem for some to take seriously. For me I think what they're doing with Boba is both boring as fuck and also really goofy with some good ideas inbetween, but I've never really liked the character so there's that.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
Making characters anything more than a nebulous blob of "Badass" is bad.

The implication that Boba wasn't happy being that silent "Badass" is great for me too
A lonely clone untethered for most of his life and finding himself late after he was essentially reborn (come on, what did you think that sarlaac was supposed to represent). The show is clunky about it, no question, but it's more interesting than some silent badassery for sure. We got a good version of that in Mandalorian. What's actually been established with Boba via AotC and Clone Wars make for something more interesting to examine.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
A lonely clone untethered for most of his life and finding something late after he was essentially reborn (come on, what did you think that sarlaac was supposed to represent). The show is clunky about it, no question, but it's more interesting than some silent badassery for sure. We got a good version of that in Mandalorian. What's actually been established with Boba via AotC and Clone Wars make for something more interesting to examine.

Yup, show's clunky but it's at least a foundation to take Boba's character....somewhere.

The only thing his canon character needs is closure on his Father/The Jedi.

InB4 JJ Abrams has him silently kill Fennec for money because "Silent Badass with No Morals"

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Latest episode was a huge step up, by far the best episode in the series. Here's hoping that continues!

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm looking for The Millenium Falcon"

"The what now?"

"A worn down Corellian YT-1300f light freighter"

"Oh gotcha"

I don't see how a line like that would be necessary, you should default to the type of ship and not the name you gave it lol

The ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs?

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
My issue with Boba Fett's portrayal in this show is that his character is in this weird limbo that pleases nobody. He's both incompetent and one-dimensional. Being one of those things is forgivable, but not both.

My favorite scenes in this episode were him wordlessly gunning down the biker gang and his campfire talk with Fennec about having a tribe. I want more of these kinds of scenes, that actually paint him as being competent and three-dimensional.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
This was a fun ep. Wonder if we'll get more answers about Mandalore's fate here. I don't pay attention to the wider media so not sure if that's been addressed.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess he's gonna go track down Mando and hire him based on that ending music cue

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I found it kinda funny how the bacta tank fully healed Boba from his pale and scarred skin to his original look.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little confused by the timeline- how long was Boba in the pit before he climbed out?

In the pit itself is anyone's guess. According to 3P0 it takes thousands of years for the Sarlaac to digest something, probably due to it being in the middle of nowhere where food is rare, like an underground monster cactus. The sand barge site was totally deserted by the time he got out, and I'd assume some people went to case the joint before the jawas ever got there, so imma say he was in there for some days at least. His burns are pretty substantial for a digestion process that takes thousands of years, especially with his armor on.

Either way, in terms of the show's timeline on how long he was in there plus with the Tuskens, itwould have had to have been years because he fell in that pit in Episode 6. The Mandalorian takes place years after that so years would have had to have passed between him climbing out and him finding Fennec. He went through multiple training montages so I'm gonna assume each took months, which makes sense on a realistic standpoint. There's no way he taught them how to perform a train hijacking on speeder bikes in the span of days. And they probably didn't train this burnt up dude to be an expert stick fighter in days either

and the droid part was some goofy shit, like the chase in last episode. Don't know which was worse
Am I the only one who thought the droid was legit about to pull out a picture of his family from that chest compartment?

Last edited:

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Probably him and other Bounty Hunters.

I expect Mando, Bossk, Dengar and Cad Bane
Plus the Rancor, Fennec, Machete and Chewblacca.
That dream team of suicide squat demands an equally formidable foe/foes, we all speculate about Boba's team but what is he facing? just hundreds of generic cannon fodder? I hope not.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I feel like there'd be less complaints about Boba if that fight in the first episode with the shield guys had been done better. There hasn't been a ton of other present day fights for him to show off, so everyone is focusing on that one + the ones where he's clearly not in the best situation.

Plus the Rancor, Fennec, Machete and Chewblacca.
That dream team of suicide squat demands an equally formidable foe/foes, we all speculate about Boba's team but what is he facing? just hundreds of generic cannon fodder? I hope not.

There's some characters that would clearly be in Boba's camp but we could also have Cad Bane show up on the other side. Star Wars is also home to the five second walk on becoming a fan favorite so it wouldn't be hard to have next week's episode be a team up and then a five second tease to the Pikes' elite forces and recruits that has everyone buzzing.

This was a fun ep. Wonder if we'll get more answers about Mandalore's fate here. I don't pay attention to the wider media so not sure if that's been addressed.

Mando was such a big deal they actually cancelled pretty much any spin-off they'd had about him or his story so they wouldn't get boxed in on the show, so unless I'm mistaken there hasn't actually been any expanded material released about Mandalorians in that time period outside the episodes.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
So who do we think killed the sand people? Fennecs line about it being unlikely that bikers killed them seems obvious foreshadow