• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The episode showed them building a bond. Do you need her to look at the camera and say "I am staying because I enjoy his company and like him am sick of being a loaner after seeing that my old lifestyle left me dead in a desert?"

star wars fans definetely need that sometimes.
This show just has really bad direction. The sarlacc scene was just baffling because they literally showed the audience the Jawas taking Bobas armor… but Boba is convinced it's in the sarlacc pit?
are you serious with this????

do you know that boba is not the audience right?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Absolutely fantastic episode.

Can we take a moment to appreciate we got another seismic charge!

e119b8101cf49d1897bbe3162d263c609fa84173.gifv

Oct 25, 2017
star wars fans definetely need that sometimes.

are you serious with this????

do you know that boba is not the audience right?

Because they showed the audience the Jawas through Bobas eyes. He literally grabs one before they kick him because he is too weak to fight back.

He saw them taking his armour based on the direction of the scene.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
I just posted this in the Ming-Na Wen thread. Gave me a good chuckle. But I hope Disney are concerned by the now weekly complaints about the show. (although most of the comments to the article are defending the show sadly lol)

www.theguardian.com

Boba Fett is dead: how Disney+ ruined Star Wars’ coolest character

The Book of Boba Fett has resurrected the badass bounty hunter, only to destroy everything that once made him so great. It’s a fate worse than being eaten alive

Boba Fett was always a jobber, he was only cool in 1 film and even then didn't do much in that film either, the extended fiction was the only place he was badass.

Being sad that people enjoy the show is your choice but it feels like you think your opinion is the only one that matters.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That episode was great!
I really hope this is going the way I think it's going (Boba and Fennec recruiting bounty hunters like some kind of workers' rights union). Also, assuming I'm right, I hope to god we get a ton of fan service with bounty hunters. I want to see Bossk and Dengar and Embo and that little dude in the robot suit from the Seven Samurai episode of Clone Wars. And, if they can justify it, Hondo.

Absolutely fantastic episode.

Can we take a moment to appreciate we got another seismic charge!

e119b8101cf49d1897bbe3162d263c609fa84173.gifv

I was so happy to see that. I assumed we were getting it at some point due to the sound being used in the trailers, but still. Had no idea they'd ise

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I'm glad we got the bare minimum of showing Bib Fortuna's demise in a couple frames of a flashback however I would have liked to have seen more. Maybe they'll show the Palace takeover, but it seems like this was the episode that would have done that.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
So they must have killed almost everyone when they took over the palace. All those guards and now Boba only has the pig guys.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Honestly the Krassantan scene people hyped up in this thread actually annoys me because last week they made him job and botch an assassination attempt on Boba, but now he is a champion and is ripping peoples arms off. Despite having Boba in that exact same position and deciding to throw him instead.

This show just has really bad direction. The sarlacc scene was just baffling because they literally showed the audience the Jawas taking Bobas armor… but Boba is convinced it's in the sarlacc pit?

Unless the idea was Boba is so delerious he thinks the Jawas were a hallucination… but that whole scene makes no sense as to why Boba would even think it's in the pit

It's not spelled out in the episode but Trandoshans are famous as Wookiee slavers, so he likely has a huge and justified grudge against them in general, and had been drinking too much to stop himself.

The Jawa thing is weird but I don't think it's impossible that Boba blacked out after escaping and has little memory besides that he escaped at all. Dude just got eaten and then dug through the sand after being nearly out of air.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, people are really salty about this show in here, it was a nice episode better than the previous one and with nice implications and hints of what's coming.
You guys that hate it and are still religiously watching and posting multiple times about how you hate it, why are you doing this to yourselves?
It's a nice little show about Star Wars things, it's far from perfect and it's ok not to like it, just move along. 🤣

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jeez, people are really salty about this show, it was a nice episode better than the previous one and with nice implications and hints of what's coming.
You guys that hate it and are still religiously watching and posting multiple times about how you hate it, what are you doing this to yourselves?
It's a nice little show about Star Wars things, it's far from perfect and it's ok not to like it, just move along. 🤣
870f60a35cd288b475b0f15df965c3d1.jpg

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Boba Fett was always a jobber, he was only cool in 1 film and even then didn't do much in that film either, the extended fiction was the only place he was badass.

The Guardian article LITERALLY states this.

Being sad that people enjoy the show is your choice but it feels like you think your opinion is the only one that matters.

I'm sad people are content to have low expectations. Striving for excellence shouldn't be considered a sin. Almost everyone agrees the show is wasting the potential of its premise.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
The Guardian article LITERALLY states this.

I'm sad people are content to have low expectations. Striving for excellence shouldn't be considered a sin. Almost everyone agrees the show is wasting the potential of its premise.

I don't really care what the guardian says, I'm not going to bother reading it. I'm just saying expecting the character to live up to head canon or old stories was not a good idea.

I wouldn't say I have low expectations, I just go with what the creators intend and try not to get caught up in what ifs. I'll see in the end how I feel about the whole thing but do far it's a good foundation if they wanted to expand on it further that's just me though.

Out of interest what exactly did you want?

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Jeez, people are really salty about this show in here, it was a nice episode better than the previous one and with nice implications and hints of what's coming.
You guys that hate it and are still religiously watching and posting multiple times about how you hate it, why are you doing this to yourselves?

Star Wars has been my special interest since I was three years old. Because of my spectrum disorder, it has been unshakingly so for nine tenths of my life, despite many bumps in the road along the way.

I apologise if me following something, despite disliking it, offends, but thats part of the curse of my neurodivergence. 🤷‍♀️ (Not that anyone should have to explain why they hate watch something, but it really has to be said why the "Don't like, Don't Watch" argument is a lazy dismissal of people being critical.)

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Hate watching SW is part of it's DNA. I bet there are some peeps in this thread watching who have not liked SW since the 80's.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars has been my special interest since I was three years old. Because of my spectrum disorder, it has been unshakingly so for nine tenths of my life, despite many bumps in the road along the way.

I apologise if me following something, despite disliking it, offends, but thats part of the curse of my neurodivergence. 🤷‍♀️ (Not that anyone should have to explain why they hate watch something, but it really has to be said why the "Don't like, Don't Watch" argument is a lazy dismissal of people being critical.)

I would just ignore stuff like that. People go on how toxic the fandom is about dishing out criticism but then on the other hand they can't take even the weakest of criticism against the franchise either.

Super-Volt

Apr 19, 2021
United States
I liked this one because we finally learned Boba's motivation and saw him meet with the crime bosses.

Returning to the sarlac pit only makes sense if he was unaware of his surroundings after clawing through the sand to escape. I guess that works, but it's clumsy.

Boba having beskar confirmed.

Chef droid was neat!

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
This was nearly as good as episode 2. Seems like Rodriguez really is the problem.

Jobba Fett smashing up a kitchen trying to catch a tiny droid was hilarious.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I don't really care what the guardian says, I'm not going to bother reading it.

No offense but then we have little to discuss. You initially replied to my post which was about the article. Headcanon and fan expectations weren't really the focus of it, there's no 'what ifs' dwelt on. Simply, shedding the mystery of this superficial character has only robbed him of his allure. The sluggish pace and meandering plot doesn't help either.

You enjoy the show and I'm not here to change minds, so let's just agree to disagree.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ready for Mando to come and hopefully make this show interesting, it continues to be pretty boring

I dunno, it was better than last week, but really wasn't saying much. Best scene for sure was Boba getting revenge on the people that killed the Tuskens, finally a little bit of edge from the guy. Seeing how his relationship with Fennec started was cool too, but I dunno, expected more. So far the show often does this thing where it feels like Boba barely puts all that much work into convincing people to work for him. Like it just happens more because the plot dictates it so, which is not something I should be thinking about, I should be immersed in the story being told. Although at least in Fennec's case, he saved her life, so that obviously helped.

I also agree that it's awkward as hell having him go back to the sarlacc pit for an armor that we already know isn't there. I get that he was barely conscious, but I agree with the suggestions of it being a lot less clunky if he just went back solely to kill it cuz he's petty like that lol

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
No offense but then we have little to discuss. You initially replied to my post which was about the article. Headcanon and fan expectations weren't really the focus of it, there's no 'what ifs' dwelt on. Simply, shedding the mystery of this superficial character has only robbed him of his allure. The sluggish pace and meandering plot doesn't help either.

You enjoy the show and I'm not here to change minds, so let's just agree to disagree.

Fair enough. But saying you are "sad" that people like it feels like your trying to change minds imo.

Any show made will ruin the mystery of a character that was almost a blank slate.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
People seem to forget - the same thing happened with Darth Vader, who was barely a character in the OT.

He turned from bad ass James Earl Jones to Hayden Christensen whining about not liking sand.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017

I would just ignore stuff like that. People go on how toxic the fandom is about dishing out criticism but then on the other hand they can't take even the weakest of criticism against the franchise either.
Oh I don't mind criticism, feel free to look up my previous posts in this thread as I have criticized many things of this show as well, but when someone claims this is terrible on multiple and redundant posts 2 hours after each episode is released, it really begs the question, why? don't you think? at least that's why I think.
I've been criticized for not particularly liking TLJD (or the any of those 3 movies for that matter) even called things that I can't possibly be because I am not from the USA and I am a minority myself, so you are right about people "dishing out criticism but then on the other hand they can't take even the weakest of criticism"

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Fair enough. But saying you are "sad" that people like it feels like your trying to change minds imo.

It was a facetious comment meant to imply that the more complaints then the more chance Disney will take better care of its IP. But I admit it was also a petty comment I shouldn't have written.

Discontent consumers have power. Only relentless (civil!) complaints got the game dev Paradox to fix Imperator Rome as a random example. Simply saying "oh well, this is fine" didn't improve anything. It is of course ironic Disney decided to listen to the worse elements and gave us the knee-jerk mess that is TROS.

Any show made will ruin the mystery of a character that was almost a blank slate.

Hence the ongoing debate about whether this show deserved to be made. I think some characters are better off appearing in other shows as side-characters, Boba apparently being one of them.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
It was a facetious comment meant to imply that the more complaints then the more chance Disney will take better care of its IP. But I admit it was also a petty comment I shouldn't have written.

Discontent consumers have power. Only relentless (civil!) complaints got the game dev Paradox to fix Imperator Rome as a random example. Simply saying "oh well, this is fine" didn't improve anything. It is of course ironic Disney decided to listen to the worse elements and gave us the knee-jerk mess that is TROS.

Hence the ongoing debate about whether this show deserved to be made. I think some characters are better off appearing in other shows as side-characters, Boba apparently being one of them.

Doesn't the fact that TROS turned out how it did should prove that sometimes trying to listen to discontent?

I mean it gets extremely toxic online.to this day regarding anything SW.

Maybe it shouldn't have been made but I've always liked Morrison and thought he was great as Jango so I was keen to see what he got to do with Boba and while yes it's not what some wanted from this character I like they are making him a character.

Off topic but I honestly hope Morrison gets to play Rex one day.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm honestly surprised the actress for the Biker Girl isn't getting harrased online, that's how low my opinion on the SW Fandom is.

I don't really want them to ever feel empowered again

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
How do you make a show that has a giant evil Wookie with electric knuckle dusters boring?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Clone Wars salvaged his character a bit at least though.
Maybe, but that's like the "read the books" argument. lol
People say Boba Fett is this awesome character in the comics... but if you're just evaluating this show on its own and your only other comparison are the movies, then it is what it is.

Like, I don't get how this is the same character that would work for Jabba or Vader when he won't even take out a group of punk teenagers who are fucking with the people under his "protection".

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love how silly this show is. I didn't think Boba needed a show, and I'm still of that mind, but I'm glad it's staying small stakes. Loved the droid stuff and love seeing more aliens.

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed this episode, seeing him get revenge on the sarlacc was nice.

Kind of a dick move. It's just an animal monster mouth in the desert, doing it's animal monster mount thing thing. Han and Luke were the real assholes he should've been after.

The fact that it almost clowned Boba a second time while he was in his fucking ship was great. If it wasn't for Fennec his ass would be right back in that fucking pit.

Boba Fett is a goof, got shown up by a little janitor droid too.

I'm just waiting for the next episode where falls face first into bantha shit.

Oct 27, 2017
He also calls his armor Beskar but it looks like that cheap shit Mando wore before getting real Beskar armor.

In fact most Mando armor looks like cheap shit and not actual Beskar.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
An improvement. A slight improvement, but an improvement.

Seeing the rabbit droids in live action was cool, as was seeing General Grievous' apprentice.

Boba finally spelled out his motivation, but I really dont think we needed all the details of him picking up Fennec or getting Slave 1 back. But at least he finally did something Boba Fett-esque with that very satisfying drive-by blasting.

The sarlacc revisit was fun, they're lucky that seismic charge managed to drop down correctly.

Now, the wookiee. Having him freak out over Trandoshans was great. But I despised him throwing them around like he did Boba and his super squad. And I was terrified when the bar owner tried talking him down, I was genuinely scared that they were going to soften fucking Black Krrsantan even more. I've never been so relieved to see dismemberment in Star Wars.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
He also calls his armor Beskar but it looks like that cheap shit Mando wore before getting real Beskar armor.

In fact most Mando armor looks like cheap shit and not actual Beskar.
Pretty sure most paint their armor. Din just lazy I guess. There are probably different levels of Beskar purity, like with gold.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Man, I hope Din paints his armor. I do not like silver.

I curious to see him next week. He basically tossed his creed aside in the season 2 Finale. Will he have his helmet on the whole time? Will he be more relaxed about things? I expect him to keep his helmet on at all times, unfortunately, due to Pedro Pascal's availability.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hope Din paints his armor. I do not like silver.

I curious to see him next week. He basically tossed his creed aside in the season 2 Finale. Will he have his helmet on the whole time? Will he be more relaxed about things? I expect him to keep his helmet on at all times, unfortunately, due to Pedro Pascal's availability.
The international regulations of "I have to keep selling stuff" dictate that he has to have new look/armor variation between new seasons so a new action figure can be made and sold, the only question is if his new look will debut in this show or in The Mandalorian season 3.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I liked this episode but this show is spinning its wheels a lot, which is kinda annoying due to the release schedule.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
So the implication is that the Pykes definitely wiped out the Tuskens and framed that biker gang, right? Take out two birds with one stone to operate unencumbered? And, on a narrative level, to make the stakes of the upcoming war more personal for Boba?

Cause Fennec was skeptical that they could take out the Tuskens and Boba just obliterating them with the Slave I, while satisfying, would be kind of an anticlimactic end to that storyline. Would also explain why the massacre happened off-screen.