• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine it's the third season of The Mandalorian, just the next arc (i.e. they start back at Chapter 1)

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine it's the third season of The Mandalorian, just the next arc (i.e. they start back at Chapter 1)
Odds are this is Mandalorian S3. S1-S2 would retroactively be called "The Book of Din Djarin" or something.

Nope. Premieres in December, which is when S3 of Mandalorian will end. It's very obvious the plan is to have new Star Wars every week on Disney+ from 2021 onward.

Edit: Actually they just announced Mando S3 will be Christmas Day, so who knows? I am 99% sure Boba Fett is its own show. Mandalorian will focus on Din and Bo-Katan.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Premieres in December, which is when S3 of Mandalorian will end. It's very obvious the plan is to have new Star Wars every week on Disney+ from 2021 onward.

what? no

at investor day they said Mando S3 was Christmas 2021. this is "December 2021"

it's the same thing. idk where you got the impression Mando S3 was premiering earlier. lol

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, any excuse for more Ming-Na Wen on my television

I'll take it

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely season 3. They'd have announced it to the investors if it wasn't.

Oct 27, 2017
The actor that played Boba in the original trilogy just passed away. So no, not a spoiler.
did you not see the article about the original actor's death literally right after that in the OP? lol
Dude, click the link lmao
If this isn't a joke post (Sorry, really can't tell), then no.

It's about the actor Jeremy Bulloch, who played Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, who passed away at 75.

Beg your pardon everyone; I read the post and clicked on reply without checking the link. I'll edit my post.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Definitely sounds like a framing device for Season 3. Hell, once this is over, you could have a season/book dedicated to Bo Katan, or Sabine Wren, or someone else totally new.

I just wanna see some new shit. Like a chase through the streets (and skies) of Nar Shaddaa, or some weird-ass biome. Not just backwater villages. There's only so much Outer Rim remote outposts I can see before it all blends together like a big blur.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
can this be like Star Wars equivalent of The Irishman where Boba is narrating and reflecting on his past, including known incidents like his loss to Luke in RotJ but with voice over commentary now?

Like, mob movie Star Wars edition. If The Mandalorian is western serial Star Wars edition.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they just can't help themselves with Star Wars, can they? Sooner or later, they inevitably have their "hey, remember this thing from a previous, better movie? Well here it is again because its the world's smallest galaxy and we can't think of anything better to do than rest on our laurels".

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
can this be like Star Wars equivalent of The Irishman where Boba is narrating and reflecting on his past, including known incidents like his loss to Luke in RotJ but with voice over commentary now?

Like, mob movie Star Wars edition. If The Mandalorian is western serial Star Wars edition.
It can, but it likely won't.

n8 dogg

Oct 25, 2017
Hello
My name is Boba Fett
And I would like to tell you all about the Sarlaac Pit
It has
So many gruesome parts
And to get out of it I had to go through some dark shit

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they just can't help themselves with Star Wars, can they? Sooner or later, they inevitably have their "hey, remember this thing from a previous, better movie? Well here it is again because its the world's smallest galaxy and we can't think of anything better to do than rest on our laurels".

I've really loved season 2...but yeah. Season 1 was super special and refreshing because it seems so disconnected, isolated and fresh.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've really loved season 2...but yeah. Season 1 was super special and refreshing because it seems so disconnected, isolated and fresh.

I'm probably overly cynical with respect to SW at this point after the wretched TROS, but man, it sure feels like there is 100x the amount of content that references/pays homage/flat out panders to the OT than there is actual original content. They just can't seem to leave 3 40 year old movies behind, ever.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably overly cynical with respect to SW at this point after the wretched TROS, but man, it sure feels like there is 100x the amount of content that references/pays homage/flat out panders to the OT than there is actual original content. They just can't seem to leave 3 40 year old movies behind, ever.
They really cannot.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Other than Boba there's really nothing in Mandalorian that focuses on OT stuff. It's almost all either new stories or continuations from the animated Filoni stuff.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It would make sense Chapters 1-16 are the Book of Din Djarin and then the Book of Boba Fett is S3+.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Other than Boba there's really nothing in Mandalorian that focuses on OT stuff. It's almost all either new stories or continuations from the animated Filoni stuff.

I mean, you trying to tell me baby Yoda (excuse me, "Grogu") ain't a direct callback to the OT/nostalgia play? They could have made the character look like anything or be any race. Also the time period is very OT. They chose these for a reason.

Besides that though, even if the rest of your point is true (I only watched S1).....they still ultimately succumbed to it again here with what appears to be either a season or spinoff dedicated to a fan favorite jobber.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it would have been better to wait to make this thread. It was meant as a surprise.

And definitely 100% in the separate show camp.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you trying to tell me baby Yoda (excuse me, "Grogu") ain't a direct callback to the OT/nostalgia play? They could have made the character look like anything or be any race. Also the time period is very OT. They chose these for a reason.

I mean I guess?

But that's the most inoffensive way to do that type of thing. It has no in-universe connection to Yoda, they never say Yoda's name, and the species itself is pretty underused in the grand scheme of things.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
I wish I didn't see this thread title before watching the episode 😅 I would have been more shocked (and had more impact) by the episode outcome.

Oh well... gotta be first I guess. This is the way.