• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
-Besides the Opening Ceremony, all the panels on the Main Stage for Friday say "Coming Soon." This is strange as even years when they announced new games or expansions they would at least have "World of Warcraft: What's Next?" or something.
The answer is simple. Classic made Kotic look at the WoW developers and say: "WTF are we even paying you for?"

Feb 21, 2019
I'm not sure what effect the boycott has had but Blizzcon is huge. It's not going anywhere.
Its a reference to the video quoted above. (it was supposed to be a joke).

And please, Activision/Blizzard is a multi-billion dollar company, they will, in fact, ignore protesters on their way to doing what they are doing. (I don't like it, but they aren't cancelling anything...nor did it ever dawn on them to do so).

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Time to watch people turn their anger and hurl insults towards employees that have nothing to do with the China shitstorm.

Can't wait to find out more of D4, D2 Remaster, and even the new WoW expansion.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The WoW Q&A is going to be like the Game of Thrones ComicCon panel where people are expecting it to be an angry mob with torches and pitchforks, and it turns out to be a quiet group of enthusiastic fans.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Surprised to see Heroes of the Storm on there. I had a lot of fun with that, but I switched to Overwatch once that came out. Do enough people even play HotS these days to make it worth their efforts? I do think it's a good game, but it just felt like it never caught on.

What I'm excited about is actual good Diablo news, and anything about the future of Overwatch.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see Heroes of the Storm on there. I had a lot of fun with that, but I switched to Overwatch once that came out. Do enough people even play HotS these days to make it worth their efforts? I do think it's a good game, but it just felt like it never caught on.

What I'm excited about is actual good Diablo news, and anything about the future of Overwatch.

HotS still has a really healthy community. I play Quick Match every night with 3-5 players and get balanced matches (equivalent team comps; reasonably similar skill levels) in less than a minute.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Calling you out. Posts like this contribute absolutely nothing to the thread. Im sick of wanting to see actual discussion about a company i still support, and will continue to do so because they still make some of the best games in their genres. Ill be buying D4, and will be giddy with excitement whenever they announce an SC3 in the next few years whenever it is

Good to know that you value entertainment over human rights. That's your personal choice to deal with, but why you want to brag about it, I'll never understand.

Edit: oh it's a troll account with 2 posts. Okay, nothing to see here.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
New Overwatch pve event once again where you just kill waves of enemies; called the Defense of Pooh. Set in HK.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Good to know that you value entertainment over human rights. That's your personal choice to deal with, but why you want to brag about it, I'll never understand.

Edit: oh it's a troll account with 2 posts. Okay, nothing to see here.
Come on now. Being a Blizzard fan doesn't mean someone doesn't value human rights. That's a bit extreme. You can do what makes you feel good about yourself, but insulting other people you know nothing about and saying they don't value human rights because they like a video game developer isn't helpful or needed.
So many members claim to be caring and progressive but are very quick to judge others who don't share their exact views or opinions.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Come on now. Being a Blizzard fan doesn't mean someone doesn't value human rights. That's a bit extreme. You can do what makes you feel good about yourself, but insulting other people you know nothing about and saying they don't value human rights because they like a video game developer isn't helpful or needed.
So many members claim to be caring and progressive but are very quick to judge others who don't share their exact views or opinions.

No, I get being passionate about games, and being a fan of the developers. But attacking people for saying they hope Blizzard gets called out and proudly proclaiming that you'll "always support the company" is something else entirely.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Just use the ignore feature you won't be able to engage anyway

VladDracule

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
User banned (permanent): trolling, account in junior phase
No, I get being passionate about games, and being a fan of the developers. But attacking people for saying they hope Blizzard gets called out and proudly proclaiming that you'll "always support the company" is something else entirely.

No it isn't. It's a matter of what realistically matters. Boycotting a single game dev and proclaiming to be a human rights white knight is beyond annoying. Tim Cook just joined the board for a Chinese university. Where's the outrage? Xbox One, PS4, Switch, all made in china using what is basically modern day slavery, so they are DIRECTLY funding the human rights violations people are complaining about. Where's their boycott? Blizzard in no way funds china in the way any other major corporation does, yet nobody REALLY cares enough to want to do anything that can actually have an impact. People complaining about, and boycotting Blizz does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to solve the actual problem. All it does is provide a platform for you and others to pat yourselves on the back for being such a political activist while actually doing nothing.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
can't wait to watch Team USA actually perform at a decent level in OWWC this year since it's not all Outflaws players lol

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I don't think last years Diablo Immortals disaster can be topped, even with a boycott. I don't think the Q&A will be done with a live mic and any reference to China in the audience will just be censored or not shown at all

Good times, good times...

A well functioning adult human being would have understood that was stupid and completely disrespectful thing to do. Imagine working on this project for years, preparing the event for months, only for some moron to try and be smart with their questions. There was nothing "good times" about that stupid question. Hopefully they are pre-screening all questions this year.

Just my opinion. :p

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
A well functioning adult human being would have understood that was stupid and completely disrespectful thing to do. Imagine working on this project for years, preparing the event for months, only for some moron to try and be smart with their questions. There was nothing "good times" about that stupid question. Hopefully they are pre-screening all questions this year.

They always prescreen the questions. He just lied about the one he wanted to ask to get a « gotcha » and 15 seconds of fame on the interweb

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
No it isn't. It's a matter of what realistically matters. Boycotting a single game dev and proclaiming to be a human rights white knight is beyond annoying. Tim Cook just joined the board for a Chinese university. Where's the outrage? Xbox One, PS4, Switch, all made in china using what is basically modern day slavery, so they are DIRECTLY funding the human rights violations people are complaining about. Where's their boycott? Blizzard in no way funds china in the way any other major corporation does, yet nobody REALLY cares enough to want to do anything that can actually have an impact. People complaining about, and boycotting Blizz does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to solve the actual problem. All it does is provide a platform for you and others to pat yourselves on the back for being such a political activist while actually doing nothing.

This is such disingenuous and stupid drivel.

Yes, it actually makes sense to at least boycott some companies, yes, it makes sense to not give money to companies you normally support if they show their ass, yes, it's absolutely preferable to do at least something instead of saying "oh well nothing matters". Don't be a dumbass. You don't have to be a living saint to not give money to a specific company that blatantly acts in a way that goes against your beliefs.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I don't think last years Diablo Immortals disaster can be topped, even with a boycott. I don't think the Q&A will be done with a live mic and any reference to China in the audience will just be censored or not shown at all

Good times, good times...

Even if they do all that I just realized that they cant stop a whole crowd from chanting free Hong Kong.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada

Heroes has a strong community still, although it's obviously on a downswing. Deathwing, who's been pretty heavily requested by fans, was actually just announced today as the new hero.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
0% chance they do a live Q&A.
^Fixed. They'll still do Q&As, but the audience will not get to ask them this time around. The likeliest scenario is that Blizzard moderators/staff will read from a set of submitted questions which have been thoroughly curated beforehand.

It probably still won't go well — a disruption or two from the audience is practically a guarantee — but they'll still do a Q&A.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like the most likely disruption will be at the finals where people show something on a sign unless they decide to never pan the audience

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

Yep. I actually rooted for the dev going "Do you not have phones?"

I mean, A) the question is valid, and B) give the guys a break. They didn't want this to be the only Diablo announcement either. Like literally basic empathy.

VladDracule

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
This is such disingenuous and stupid drivel.

Yes, it actually makes sense to at least boycott some companies, yes, it makes sense to not give money to companies you normally support if they show their ass, yes, it's absolutely preferable to do at least something instead of saying "oh well nothing matters". Don't be a dumbass. You don't have to be a living saint to not give money to a specific company that blatantly acts in a way that goes against your beliefs.

So what youre saying, is Nintendo Sony Microsoft, and Apple all represent your beliefs in directly funding Chinas human rights violation? thats in fact what you just said and what you say every single time you give them any of your money. And you severely overestimate your value to any company. The only way any boycott ever actually means anything is if its on a large enough scale to actual impact the company in question. This isnt, and never will be. Which means your boycott and spouting about it is in fact, just for you, and wanting pats on the back for being such an activist. Get over yourself, and stop clogging up threads from people who actually want to discuss the subject of the topic

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huge hype for this. I play most Blizzard games and BlizzCon is one event I look forward to on a yearly basis. WoW expansion, Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 could make it the biggest yet.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
So....if D4 was pulled last Blizzcon, is it safe to assume it is coming soonish? Like maybe Holiday 2020 or spring of 2021? Hope so!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
probably coming first half of 2021, something like that. that's their typical cycle for the last few releases.

OP
OP
Finaj

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
There we go.

vwd6o3apt5u31.jpg

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Their shit politics turned me off. Won't be watching the Blizzcon livestream for the first time since 2009.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Advocating piracy
Hopefully there's a stream mirror up on the day, I wanna watch the chaos put not have to pay Blizzard for it

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Holy shit.
I just realized that the same answer to a tough question will be used again this year, by blizzard.
When asked why blizzard doesnt stand up to china they will reply:
"Don't you guys have phones?"

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for whatever comes with WoW. With Classic and the current BFA patch the game is actually in an okay spot right now.

And of course fingers crossed for the next Diablo.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Fuck off Blizz and your shamelessness at being consistently terrible with your balancing teams / treatment of players and how you're constantly bending your knee to china

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Hopefully there's a stream mirror up on the day, I wanna watch the chaos put not have to pay Blizzard for it
Come on, let's not advocate for piracy right now. If you don't wan't to pay Blizzard for it, just dedicate your time to something else. It's what a whole lot of people are rightfully doing.

Mabec

Oct 27, 2017
It was never a remote possibility.

Anyway, floor plan has no Diablo section, but the big empty space by Hall D is pretty conspicuous. If diablo 4 is happening, that's probably where the demo stations will be.

floorMap.jpg
Can someone explain HALL E to me? Is that something they always have or are Blizzard planning to revive old classics like Lost Vikings and Blackthorne?