• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
hoping for a shitshow............they deserve all the flak heading their way over the decisions over the past couple of weeks.

I do feel sorry for the devs that don't support the decision they made and are still working at the company though. They are just enjoying what they want to do and are caught in the crossfire of management.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
This expansion has made several references to the Shadowlands and the Dragon Isles, so some players were expecting the next expansion to be one of those. However, new Allied Race Death Knights, Lich King conversations (still encrypted), and a new DK starting experience have all been datamined on the 8.3 PTR. People are now speculating a new Lich King/Return to Northrend expansion, but it's still unclear.
Huh...

I guess Blizzard might be running out of ideas? Though I imagine it'll be fun to play.
I wonder if we'll ever get to that point in the Legion comic, with old king Anduin leading the army of the light to take on the void bringers directly.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
They should just put a protest on one of the main stages because those are likely to be the story of the con anyway. Human rights protests at a gaming convention is way too odd an occurrence to not grab the headlines.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
-Besides the Opening Ceremony, all the panels on the Main Stage for Friday say "Coming Soon." This is strange as even years when they announced new games or expansions they would at least have "World of Warcraft: What's Next?" or something.
The update panels are on the 2nd day. Odds are we'll get reveals in the opening ceremony, more individual info in those secret panels, and details on the integration in the update panels

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I haven't been up to date with BfA for months, do we know any hints on what the next xpac might be?

So, take this with a small spoon of salt.

Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.
The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.
When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.
The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.
Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way.
The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.
The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
Not seeing a HotS stage bums me the hell out, even though of course they wouldn't have one. That's where I spent most of my time in past Blizzcons.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not reading too deeply into the "Coming Soon!" blocks. They're less indicative of panic rescheduling than they are of what, in previous years, would just be spots left conspicuously blank for unannounced products. Most of the Q&As (apart from dedicated sessions for WoW) have never been explicitly designated as Q&As.

More to say about the full schedule later, perhaps, but I'll address this first.

The whole StarCraft bracket in a single day? Uh... 😕

This caught my eye too, and seeing the schedule run so late is going to be a nightmare for EU viewership (and in a year where Serral may once again be the big story). That said:

- The round of 16 groups are taking place in the GSL studio in Korea starting this week, so this will be 7 straight matches (four QFs, two SFs, one final).
- Cramming it all in one day is not unprecedented, if you think back to the years when they didn't run the preliminaries off-site, or compare this to the typical schedule of a weekend premier tournament.
- Cramming the usual Saturday rounds into Friday night is new. In some years, the late-night slot in Day 1 would go to a fun showmatch, often in conjunction with a product preview, so what actually surprises me is that there is no pro exhibition of WC3 Reforged anywhere on the schedule like there was for SC Remastered.
- Saturday programming relevant to the StarCraft crowd (The Pylon Show, Carbot) won't be booked against the tournament for once.
- This is partly a question of venue assignment, and I'm glad to see SC2 return to its deserved place in the main Arena now that it isn't booked against Overwatch.

I'm not saying this is a good idea, because the show is going to run extravagantly late, but this is how I'm reading it. As someone who principally follows BlizzCon for the StarCraft WCS, I guess this frees up my Sunday.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
So, take this with a small spoon of salt.

Before the last shadow falls, the Father of Sleep shall savor his feast.
The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.
When their mistress beckons, nine ravens take flight. Each seeks a prize to earn her favor.
The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green.
Five lanterns, now darkened. The flame they seek will light the masters' way.
The blind queen wields a scepter of bone. From the deep she calls forth doom.
The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

I've never seen this. To be fair I'm currently leveling my pally for the first time in BFA. Is this in Drustvar?

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
It was never a remote possibility.

Anyway, floor plan has no Diablo section, but the big empty space by Hall D is pretty conspicuous. If diablo 4 is happening, that's probably where the demo stations will be.

floorMap.jpg

Yeah, seems likely. This is where the Diablo Immortal setup was last year.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Keeping my expectations in check again this year, but obviously hoping for some Diablo IV news. Unlike last year they haven't said there will be no news, and the art book leak seems promising.

Honestly I'm more worried about Diablo IV being garbage than I am of Blizzard not showing anything.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I've never seen this. To be fair I'm currently leveling my pally for the first time in BFA. Is this in Drustvar?

Yes! That whole zone is about things and other things and some other other things that I don't want to spoil. :D
Highly relevant if you have done the Death Knight class storyline in Legion.

Also ties into what is happening with Bwonsamdi in Dazar'Alor. :D
And the Sylvanas and Helya thingy that happened during Legion.
And Jaina and her discovering of her father's ship and stuff.

I just get so excited about this! haha!

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Yes! That whole zone is about things and other things and some other other things that I don't want to spoil. :D
Highly relevant if you have done the Death Knight class storyline in Legion.

Also ties into what is happening with Bwonsamdi in Dazar'Alor. :D
And the Sylvanas and Helya thingy that happened during Legion.
And Jaina and her discovering of her father's ship and stuff.

I just get so excited about this! haha!
Welp, that's my next zone then.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Blizzard deserves all the criticism it can get but it's going to be hard to watch people express their frustrations to devs and creatives who have nothing to do with the corporate side. I know prior to the Blitzchung debacle, there were quite a few Blizzard people who were really excited for this Blizzcon to show off what they had been working on.

I'm excited for it though. Last year was so unimpressive, it felt like this year was Blizzard trying to get back on track.

VladDracule

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I hope its a shitshow and they constantly get called out

Calling you out. Posts like this contribute absolutely nothing to the thread. Im sick of wanting to see actual discussion about a company i still support, and will continue to do so because they still make some of the best games in their genres. Ill be buying D4, and will be giddy with excitement whenever they announce an SC3 in the next few years whenever it is

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Q&A stuff is going to be pre-screened questions, and the people in the audience won't get to ask them. They'll have an MC at each event that will take the questions, the person's name, and they'll also ask the questions so that they can carefully control that. I highly doubt that any attendee gets their hands on a live mic.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Calling you out. Posts like this contribute absolutely nothing to the thread. Im sick of wanting to see actual discussion about a company i still support, and will continue to do so because they still make some of the best games in their genres. Ill be buying D4, and will be giddy with excitement whenever they announce an SC3 in the next few years whenever it is

Call me out, in, whatever you want pal. You can support them all you like, I'm not going to and I hope people put them on blast. Buy whatever you want. I don't give a flying fuck either way, you do you.

I don't have much to say beyond the comment and myself (and from the looks of it others) aren't going to ignore the elephant in the room. I have just as much of a right to post here as you do.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Why the fuck they didn't let the HOTS team announce something like Deathwing at Blizzcon? Since I started to play, it was one of the most requested characters. One thing is to put the game on terminal support, but not give 5 minutes for devs to show the new hero?

VladDracule

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Call me out, in, whatever you want pal. You can support them all you like, I'm not going to and I hope people put them on blast. Buy whatever you want. I don't give a flying fuck either way, you do you.

I don't have much to say beyond the comment and myself (and from the looks of it others) aren't going to ignore the elephant in the room. I have just as much of a right to post here as you do.

And most people are ignoring it becuase theyre sick of it too. Stop posting unless you want to contribute to the thread in a meaningful way its tiring and annoying

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Diablo 4 and a new Overwatch project and maybe a Diablo 2 remake?!?!
So gud.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think last years Diablo Immortals disaster can be topped, even with a boycott. I don't think the Q&A will be done with a live mic and any reference to China in the audience will just be censored or not shown at all

Good times, good times...

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Did you guys see this?

This year, everyone's invited to watch the BlizzCon opening ceremony, all of the BlizzCon esports tournaments, and select developer panels—including the first four panels on the Mythic Stage immediately following the opening ceremony—completely free on BlizzCon.com and in the BlizzCon Mobile App.

Looks like the first day panels will be available for free this year.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
The Q&A stuff is going to be pre-screened questions, and the people in the audience won't get to ask them. They'll have an MC at each event that will take the questions, the person's name, and they'll also ask the questions so that they can carefully control that. I highly doubt that any attendee gets their hands on a live mic.
what if people just shout things out in the audience? maybe less audible than on a mic but there is nothing they can do to stop this.
I feel genuinely sorry for the devs but I hope the company gets constantly called out during the conference. I get that people don't want their cushy show spoiled and they paid money but come on this is just a conference, the people in Hong Kong are living a nightmare right now. Anything peaceful that draws attention to it and shows support against Blizzard supporting the actions of the Chinese government should be done.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
0% chance they do a Q&A. And I also doubt those that paid their way there, got tickets, made travel plans, got a hotel, etc are going to show up in protest and risk getting kicked out.

Polynaut

Oct 27, 2017
There haven't been any actual rumors about WoW 2, right? When people post that they are just joking or it's a meme, I'm guessing?

I would really love WoW 2 :p

fingers crossed D4 rumors are true because I will be there day 1!

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see what they announce. New Diablo, new info about WoW and maybe new info on Overwatch.

I feel Hearthstone needs some thinking too.