• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

If you can't read Spanish, in the tweets he's talking about how he always tries to get the games as fast as he can, and if Nintendo doesn't want to give him games (I wonder why) he'll just pirate them. All because he didn't get Astral Chain early.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
jesus, I didn't thought he would be that blunt. But he is! Wtf?

Edit. If someone wants a translation:

1st tweet: "I try to get the games the fastest I can, to bring more and the best content to my channel. If Nintendo doesn't want to provide material, I will get it the best way I can. Currently, the best way is pirating the game"
2nd tweet: "the best way is unlink [your account?], pirate the switch [games] and play when you want"

Oct 27, 2017
First time I've heard of this guy and I'm from Spain. The trending tab on YouTube Spain is a freaking cesspool and I feel for the poor kids whose source of entertainment are dumbfucks like this dude.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goes with my theory that everyone that has used the crying laughing emoji is a bad person.

Oct 27, 2017
He's got 4 million subs, maybe he should be asking himself why he's not getting the copies in the first place.

Just for comparison, Gamexplain has 1 million.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
This isn't going to end up well I wouldn't have thought.

If he has a big enough following surely he would get review copies but if not, is he big enough for Nintendo to take any sort of action I wonder.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

"I post a tweet. I regret it and delete it. People re-upload it and put it out of context.

Forager is a pirate and he's cancelled.

Me:"

Oct 25, 2017
Does he at least buy the games after they come out?

I'm not a reviewer/youtuber but I assume he's talking about getting footage/content for his channel before they come out when they are leaked? It's a race to get that footage and all those clicks I guess?

I don't approve but "I get it", I guess. Doesn't Nintendo take down leaked footage from youtube anyways? even if preparing videos for the launch of the game does sound appealing if Nintendo is not giving him an early copy, which he's obviously not entitled to but I get what he's saying if that's what he means.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like the "accessibility" justification for piracy is morphing a bit. I've seen it used before. "Not available to me as easily as I would prefer so ... Piracy". This seems like just the natural progression to that.

Does he at least buy the games after they come out?

I'm not a reviewer/youtuber but I assume he's talking about getting footage/content for his channel before they come out when they are leaked?

Never before seen the bolded from people using the accessibility excuse. I would doubt it personally.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
well...that ruined his chances to become on Nintendo's good list of getting stuff from them. If hes a famous YTer he should have been in contact with someone at Nintendo to process it and get copies legit.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Just a moment. Is this the same one who told the Maldita Castilla developers that they should thank him for pirating their game because he gave them visibility?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sounds like the "accessibility" justification for piracy is morphing a bit. I've seen it used before. "Not available to me as easily as I would prefer so ... Piracy". This seems like just the natural progression to that.

spain has it's own 100% avaliable eshop.

I never saw brazilian youtubers saying this even before the shoddy web eshop

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Never before seen the bolded from people using the accessibility excuse. I would doubt it personally.
Grew up in India, Nintendo stuff wasn't and still isn't sold legally there. Got a lot of their stuff pirated and on the grey market, that was how I got into games in the first place.

Went on to buy every game I could remember of theirs that I'd pirated later on.

The "accessibility excuse" as you call it is a real consideration for countless people around the world, believe it or not.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Some Spanish Youtubers are mad at Nintendo for not sending them an early copy of Astral Chain. I believe that's the origin of his tweets, such a childish attitude.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, piracy is uncalled for in most situations, and this is one of those situations. That he's proudly declaring it makes him an idiot, and him backtracking will not undo the damage.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Grew up in India, Nintendo stuff wasn't and still isn't sold legally there. Got a lot of their stuff pirated and on the grey market, that was how I got into games in the first place.

Went on to buy every game I could remember of theirs that I'd pirated later on.

The "accessibility excuse" as you call it is a real consideration for countless people around the world, believe it or not.
It was the same in Latam, all my PSX / PS2 games were pirated because there straight up wasn't a way to buy them legit (like you, I get the rereleases when they come out though). But this dude lives in Spain and has 4 mil subscribers, his excuse of "oh well but Nintendo doesn't send me games!" is pathetic.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was the same in Latam, all my PSX / PS2 games were pirated because there straight up wasn't a way to buy them legit (like you, I get the rereleases when they come out though). But this dude lives in Spain and has 4 mil subscribers, his excuse of "oh well but Nintendo doesn't send me games!" is pathetic.
Yeah, definitely, this is a laughable and inexcusable situation to pirate games in; fucking buy the games and review them after launch. If your channel has any actual worth, people are tuning in to it because they enjoy your content, not because you got there first.
The fact that he's proudly announcing it on Twitter is the icing on the cake.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jesus, I didn't thought he would be that blunt. But he is! Wtf?

Edit. If someone wants a translation:

1st tweet: "I try to get the games the fastest I can, to bring more and the best content to my channel. If Nintendo doesn't want to provide material, I will get it the best way I can. Currently, the best way is pirating the game"
2nd tweet: "the best way is unlink [your account?], pirate the switch [games] and play when you want"
Well he's never going to get those those pre-release materials now. He's ensured that with his stupidity.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
"I try to get the games the fastest I can, to bring more and the best content to my channel."

Read: I'm making money off piracy by getting ahead of other channels that have to wait until they receive legitimate copies, driving traffic and therefore ad views to me.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
"I try to get the games the fastest I can, to bring more and the best content to my channel."

Read: I'm making money off piracy by getting ahead of other channels that have to wait until they receive legitimate copies, driving traffic and therefore ad views to me.
The funny thing about it is that he is technically profiting thanks to piracy. And admitting it.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

"I post a tweet. I regret it and delete it. People re-upload it and put it out of context.

Forager is a pirate and he's cancelled.

Me:"

I'd love to hear what magical context turns "I'll get Nintendo games as fast as I can and will gladly pirate to do so" into....the complete opposite of that.

Deleted member 59245

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
Why would you say this on Twitter?

Do you think Nintendo, a company that very much is willing to take action when it comes to piracy, would be ok with you doing this, let alone boating about it on social media?

How dumb is this person?

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
no because if i remember correctly, Pat bought Smash Ultimate on Release.
Did this Youtuber say he wasn't going to purchase the game once it was released/hadn't already pre-ordered? He seems focused on getting it as early as possible to make videos not pirating it on Aug 30th just out of spite. Unless I'm missing something his logic/justification for pirating sounds the same as Pats when Smash Ultimate got its street date broken.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can Nintendo take his channel down for using pirated games?